News Article: CONFIRMED: No suspension for PK Subban

Adamcrazy3

Dec 9, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Microfracture and ligament damage. Yet, player 61 played most the game afterwards and was throwing punches at the end of the game. Something doesn't add up. Stop crying and move on to game 2.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Bryan Murray must love whine cause he's continuing the whine fest and saying PK "threatened" Stone before the incident.

Vancouver of the East. Non stop whining. Wow.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Yea microfracture is a surgical technique. It's not even an official way to describe the severity of a fracture. :shakehead

Microfracture means there was no "full" fracture. It means a bone was partially fractured. It's not a "surgical technique".

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
To be honest in the eyes of a lot of people it WAS another Mike Ribeiro.

Kypreos and others can make all the excuses for Stone they want, that was embellishment clear as day, I've seen guys get hit harder on the wrist and they reacted, but none even close to the "performance" Stone made during last nights game. The slash is an embarrassment to the league in the first place, it was a cheap shot there's no denying it, PK was an idiot for doing it. That being said, the embellishment made it even more embarrassing.

I'll never stop being embarrassed over what Ribs did back in the day and whether or not Sens fans do over Stone, people aren't going to forget that performance anytime soon.

QUOTE]

How can it be embellishment if he has a fracture in his wrist?

How does a microfracture in your wrist make you lie on your back and writhe on the ice? It's perfectly possible to be injured and to also embellish.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Good God, the over-reaction is so annoying.

Couple of things:

1 "Mark Stone has no history..."

So what? There has to be a first time for anyone with a history.

That card should have no currency. Every situation should be examined through a filter
of what actually happened, and logic.

And popping off about being targeted is dumb and illogical.

2 you would think this slash was actually a big deal.

It was a love tap compared to Michael Thelven of the Bs on Stephane Richer years ago.

The same organization that announced it would undertake its own "forensic" investigation into
Matt Cooke's hit on Karlsson (laughable) is at it again, with first degree whining.

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
Microfracture means there was no "full" fracture. It means a bone was partially fractured. It's not a "surgical technique".

I know what they are trying to infer when they say microfracture. But in medicine, it is most often used to describe a surgical technique to repair cartilage.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
How can it be embellishment if he has a fracture in his wrist?

I had an ankle micro fracture a few years ago and trust me when i tell you that despite copious amounts of painkillers and anti-inflammatories, it still hurt so much that i couldnt put any weight on it, even less start kicking people during a post-game scrap.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It's been a long time since the last time I've seen an organization giving up full details of a player's injury, let alone in the playoffs.

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
... I know. What I'm saying is microfracture generally isn't used as a term on its own.

Yes, because microfracture knee surgeries are very common in basketball and football. It's how most people come to know the term.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
It's been a long time since the last time I've seen an organization giving up full details of a player's injury, let alone in the playoffs.

Gamesmanship, they're doing everything in their power to pronounce the severity of the injury to try to get Subban suspended.

I don't really blame them, I'd probably want the Habs to try the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
... I know. What I'm saying is microfracture generally isn't used as a term on its own.

I beg to differ. Went for a scan of my ankle at a downtown med office and the seemingly very competent grey-haired doctor used the term "micro fracture" to describe my injury.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

It's a different strategy from the usual non-specifics. Clearly a propaganda move.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Аrpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu · 22s23 seconds ago
Mark Stone played 2:01 of the final 4:13 of Game 1

Sounds like Ottawa is trying to milk this for all it's worth, hoping to keep the attention from Hammond getting lit up and praying for a Subban suspension.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad