News Article: CONFIRMED: No suspension for PK Subban

void

Jan 5, 2006
Murray is trying to get Quintal to change his mind. It better not ****ing work.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
I am really baffled how this ordeal is making waves wayyyyyyy more than Eller/Gryba where we was on the ice bleeding like a pig and pretty much unconscious.

Murray apparently told Quintal to take the day before making a decision. lol.

As per Tony Marinaro on TSN690.

Camio

Oct 19, 2013
What??? That wasn't s selfish play. It wasn't retaliation or anything like that. It was a slash in front of the net on a top player. It was way too obvious and stupid for that reason but now we're going to jump on Subban for slashing someone in front of the net? Happens all the time.

Why PK got a 5 for it? Why did he also reacted the way he did when he got called (at that point, he had no idea if it was 2 or 5, and he certainly expected 2, like we all did so he wasnt upset about the 5, yet....).

The point is, PK has a tendency to take useless penalties. Its not new. It has nothing to do with yesterday. He also never gets the benefit of the doubt because of his antics.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
In life like in sports you can t always be the victim, We complain about Teams running Price all the time!! So their you go!! Habs need more nasty. Messier, Claude Lemieux, Chelios were some of the nastiest players ever...my point you can be great and a little mean.. Stay away from Price Or get the Sherwood.

Pretty sure Gallagher ran Hammond AFTER the Plekanec goal.

Camio

Oct 19, 2013
Subban gets called on iffy penalties frequently, and players that blatantly foul him often have immunity.

It was a penalty for sure. However, it's up to the refs to be consistent.

We almost never see it in the playoffs. Gallagher was roughed up without the puck several times with no calls.

The refs did sucked last night. The bold part is the only part I agree with in your post.

As for the rest, PK needs to start being disciplined and also stop whining when he gets called. He has cut down on the diving this year, so thats nice.

That will go a long way for him to get some calls. Right now, he's just an easy target. A target he has created himself and is doing a good job maintaining.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Are you guys forgetting the one handed DLR hooking penalty?? Referees where particularly horrible last night.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Watch Stone play next game.

I wouldn't be surprised. This is all Ottawa trying to drum up a witch hunt hoping the NHL overturns their decision. Next they'll say Stone has also suffered some brain damage when he hit the ice.

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
So after the coach did it, the GM of Ottawa is now lobbying the league for suspensions. Accusing PK of threats that he cannot have heard first hand.

There are clear rules against this. Blatantly clear.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
No way Quintal will change his mind guys

latest

I mean, come on.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
To be honest in the eyes of a lot of people it WAS another Mike Ribeiro.

Kypreos and others can make all the excuses for Stone they want, that was embellishment clear as day, I've seen guys get hit harder on the wrist and they reacted, but none even close to the "performance" Stone made during last nights game. The slash is an embarrassment to the league in the first place, it was a cheap shot there's no denying it, PK was an idiot for doing it. That being said, the embellishment made it even more embarrassing.

I'll never stop being embarrassed over what Ribs did back in the day and whether or not Sens fans do over Stone, people aren't going to forget that performance anytime soon.

QUOTE]

How can it be embellishment if he has a fracture in his wrist?

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY

PK Subban reportedly made several calls to Stone's house before the game and threatened his family!!!!!!

Mark Stone suspected to have contracted Ebola from deliberately-infected hockey stick!!!

Murray recommends Stone for Knighthood, demands Queen Elizabeth II perform ceremony herself or Canada leaves the Commonwealth!!!!

Murray hopes NHL reconsiders his proposal to incarcerate Subban in a Federal facility pending a UN investigation into his rumored human rights abuses!!!!!

Stone suspects CIA-Subban conspiracy to eliminate him from playoffs and ensure US team wins Cup!!!!

Subban known to support dog/cat co-habitation!!!!

What a clown franchise Ottawa is.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I have never seen a team loaded with so many drama queens. Every time one of their players is hurt they practically end up going to the United Nations. Stone was so badly hurt that he missed like 3 shifts and wanted to fight at the end of the game...brilliant!

LesHabs66

Apr 11, 2007
Minneapolis MN
How does anyone know that he didn't get the micro fracture from throwing punches late in the 3rd period? If he was so badly injured why was he back out on the ice 3 minutes after getting his wrist chopped off?

P.K. needs to get his head out of his backside and get back to playing hockey instead of waving his stick around in the air. I'd still like to know how Gallagher can get crosschecked in the neck and face by #74 repeatedly without a penalty being called.

Sens coach and P.K. aren't fined or suspended. Case closed. Move on to game 2.

I have a bad feeling that game 2 will be a penalty parade based on the lack of calls for all of the clutching/grabbing and crosschecking that was allowed.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
How can it be embellishment if he has a fracture in his wrist?

They're calling it a micro fracture. Not sure what that is, but it's not a broken wrist, obviously.

A player can be hurt and still embellish; happens frequently as players try to draw a blind zebra's attention.

Not excusing the play, by the way. It was deserving of a penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: