Conacher

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
My is agenda is that people hear are trying to make Conacher out to be something he is not. It is very clear to see for most.

And this bothers you ? I have seen no one say he is some superstar ? Where are you getting this from ? I think in your head he should of been a superstar YOU expected to much. We discuss and yes we do slam on occasion players on our team. But to start a thread to dump on a player on the sens is pitiful and I can't voice my disgust any louder than I have. Dude just keep bullying away if it makes you feel like a big man. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He's been ok, shown great flashes, and has time to improve.
As far as the trade, we also got an 18 yr old 6'2" swede RW, so if you want to evaluate that properly, wait a few years.

The Fuhr*

Randy Robitialle was way more productive then him when he was here for a season

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
He's been ok, shown great flashes, and has time to improve.
As far as the trade, we also got a 6'2" swede RW, so if you want to evaluate that properly, wait a few years.

That is the only way to evaluate a trade give it a couple years. But evaluating a trade is on a different thread this thread is it safe to say Conacher will not help this team get any better. But as far as the trade goes I think I trust That Murray got the best deal he could. Why question that ?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
And this bothers you ? I have seen no one say he is some superstar ? Where are you getting this from ? I think in your head he should of been a superstar YOU expected to much. We discuss and yes we do slam on occasion players on our team. But to start a thread to dump on a player on the sens is pitiful and I can't voice my disgust any louder than I have. Dude just keep bullying away if it makes you feel like a big man. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

I was expecting an NHL player who could help us score at some level. Not a player who doesn't help us win. We have had enough of those players.

Are you related to him or something? Are you his mother?

I have never heard anyone get so upset about a player being criticized before. You should remove yourself from this thread because you cannot handle it. All anyone is saying is that he is not that good and you a literally crying about it and making personal insults.

How old are you?

No matter what anyone says you are convinced he is the next best thing since Cooperalls.

Start a "I love Conacher " thread then.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I was expecting an NHL player who could help us score at some level. Not a player who doesn't help us win. We have had enough of those players.

I have never heard anyone get so upset about a player being criticized before. You should remove yourself from this thread because you cannot handle it. All anyone is saying is that he is not that good and you a literally crying about it and making personal insults.

How old are you?

No matter what anyone says you are convinced he is the next best thing since Cooperalls.

:laugh::laugh: Thought you weren't going to respond to me anymore. Damn your fun :laugh:

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I'd like to see him on the top line for a decent amount of time to see if he gels. He played with Stamkos and St. Louis, no? Now that's playing with fricken elite talent, but maybe he can get back into that same role with Spezza and another winger like Zib/Michalek.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

How old are you?

First of all Conacher has been contributing to wins as all our players have. Sorry I'm not related but I am short :) I am not upset over players being criticized I just don't like threads that are for the sole purpose is to criticize a player. Please read my posts I explain myself loud and clear. If you read my posts I state that Conacher is a depth player nothing more nothing less, once again you are not reading. Why would I start a I love Conacher thread when I don't ? THIS IS ABOUT SINGLING OUT A PLAYER and carrying on like you have some sort of strange crusade. Hate to break the news to you but Conacher is really not key to the successful the team. :shakehead

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I'd like to see him on the top line for a decent amount of time to see if he gels. He played with Stamkos and St. Louis, no? Now that's playing with fricken elite talent, but maybe he can get back into that same role with Spezza and another winger like Zib/Michalek.

I would rather see him on the third line developing at a slower pace. Spezza's line hasn't been a mess and if Vets like Ruan and Michalek haven't been able to make it work how is a rookie like Conacher ? That said forth line duty is just diminishing an asset.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
:laugh::laugh: Thought you weren't going to respond to me anymore. Damn your fun :laugh:

I have realized that you have no response and it just fun hearing you say nothing.

I really hope Conacher scores today for your sake. It will give you something to finally prancercise about.

happy-prancing.gif

:laugh: Okay, I'm really done now.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I have realized that you have no response and it just fun hearing you say nothing.

I really hope Conacher scores today for your sake. It will give you something to finally prancercise about.

happy-prancing.gif

:laugh: Okay, I'm really done now.

Me too :laugh: Now shut the .... up already :)

PS I have stated my views over and over and over again PLEASE read through the thread

PSS If he scores fine but I would rather we just won I'm not all caught up in him getting points scoring goals isn't our problem.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Randy Robitialle was way more productive then him when he was here for a season

Just to put looking at production 16 games in into perspective, here are some other players that have similar production to Conacher this year:

Voracek 4pts in 15 gp
Weiss 3pts in 17 gp
Grigorenko 3 pts in 14 gp
Jordan Staal 4pts in 16 gp
Cullen 4 pts in 16 gp
Yakupov 3 pts in 15 gp
Couturier 3 pts in 15 gp
Heatley 4 pts in 17 gp
Desharnais 1 pt in 16 gp
Laich 3 pts in 16 gp
Kopecky 0pts in 16 gp

Some of those guys add other dimensions, but all of them were expected to produce more than they have. Of course you'd be disappointed with the production so far, but not many of them are having their ability to stay in the league be questioned, and most are expected to eventually turn it around to varying degrees.

Conacher, when given the mins/linemates, has done the things he does (go to the net, agitate, draw penalties). I think he may need to regain some confidence, and shoot more, but he will be a an NHL player for a while.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
I think too many people underestimated the role of Stamkos and St. Louis in Conacher's offensive production last season.

But I also think he's better than being given credit in this thread. He's playing his sophomore year, largely relegated to bottom-6 duties this year, and was bounced around the lineup last season. Can't expect him to put up 50 points in that kind of role. I'll be content if he turns into an agitating, two-way third liner who can contribute ~35 points. We'll see if he can improve his numbers to turn into that kind of player.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well, why the heck does this thread has 9 pages?

Are people seriously expecting Conacher to be some kind of Bobby Ryan?

We traded an unproven back-up goalie for him and a 4th...

Conacher has a totally different role than he had in Tampa, what are people trying to compare? He played 8:04 once again and mostly with Grant and Kassian, go try to score in that context at the NHL level just for fun

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Well, why the heck does this thread has 9 pages?

Are people seriously expecting Conacher to be some kind of Bobby Ryan?

We traded an unproven back-up goalie for him and a 4th...

Conacher has a totally different role than he had in Tampa, what are people trying to compare? He played 8:04 once again and mostly with Grant and Kassian, go try to score in that context at the NHL level just for fun
So you are saying Murray traded for him just so he can do what he is doing right now? Murray saw a chance to steal a forth line agitator for a back up goalie

In Tampa Conacher's role was to produce offensively

In Ottawa Conacher's role is to play 8 minutes and be a gritty 4th liner?

?
:sarcasm:

If Conacher had 3 goals 4 assists and played 16 minutes I don't think anyone would say that was bad. It is his second year. His drop off from what he did last season, albeit early in the shortened season, gave most a sense of optimism that he could be a contributing factor in our scoring scheme. Early on he busted his but to screen, be aggressive on the forecheck and draw penalties. Unfortunately the team had little success and took him out. Now he continues to do the same with line mates who can't score.

Not one person anywhere thinks he should be top 5 in scoring for the Sens. 5 - 10 i think would be a fair expectation. He sits tied for 14th with 4 others.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Where are all the people that said he was going to get 30 goals with Spezza, probably the same people who said the same about Filatov & SDC & Pageau. Conacher was brought in to score goals & he isn't doing that, I'd rather have Stone in the lineup who has the potential to do just that. While a lot of people argue that Stone's skating is a problem, I would argue that it is a change up, a change of pace. He can still get to the front of the net, he is big enough & strong enough to fight for pucks along the boards & he is an excellent passer with a high hockey IQ.

If PM decides to keep Zibanejad on a line with Spezza & Michalek, then why not make a line with Stone, Grant & Greening. What would Conacher, Condra & JOB get in a trade? Probably not much but getting picks wouldn't hurt. BM should also bring up Robinson to play on that 4th line, at least he is much faster & a better hockey player than Kassian & use Kassian in games he may be needed.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Guys since last year ended we have added a healthy Spezza, Ryan and MacArthur scoring isn't really an issue so there's not really the offensive ice time for him at the moment. The same thing happened to MacArthur in Toronto last year. It doesn't mean he's not performing as much as there isn't a place for right now to perform. 9 pages of this man o man :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad