Conacher

Karlssonlee

Jan 13, 2009
He should be on second unit of pwoerplay instead of Neil.

He plays great in front of net. Creating screens and havoc. But he's also quick enough to jump on rebounds something Neil loses to every time

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
He should be on second unit of pwoerplay instead of Neil.

He plays great in front of net. Creating screens and havoc. But he's also quick enough to jump on rebounds something Neil loses to every time

Neil actually screens the goalie though. Neil Does the exact same job but is tougher to move.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't know why you keep arguing guys, Stylizer1 is IMO in the same territory as SENATOR, Carkner Country and a few others, who make threads but no sense. I cannot remember a thread made by the OP where I was not literally physically facepalming after reading the 1st post. Yes everyone can be entitled to his opinion but we all know where opinions can come from. Not talking about buttholes lol, talking about bias.

Conacher is a very useful player. He brings speed, skill, grit, draws a ton of penalties and make great plays on goals (like screens or cycle) even if he doesn't get his points... Paul MacLean use him all over the line-up, he's great to add energy and some kind of boost when needed. Hopefully he gets rewarded for his hard work on the stats sheet at some point

The only negative thing is we're not building his value playing him in that role if we were to eventually trade him

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Conacher is a victim of being able to play on any line and the rest of our forwards not being able to do that.

When you're the only one that can rescue a line with Kassian and Grant, I'm sorry but you're gonna be stuck there.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Conacher is a victim of being able to play on any line and the rest of our forwards not being able to do that.

When you're the only one that can rescue a line with Kassian and Grant, I'm sorry but you're gonna be stuck there.

Conacher is playing on the fourth line because he hasn't been productive, it is really that simple.

His TOI isn't varying much which suggests MacLean doesn't see him as a potential partner for Spezza, who desperately needs something on his line to get him going.

For the Cory fans, the good news is MacLean gave him 2:05 minutes of PP time last night which is a positive step for CC. The question is did Cory earn it or did Zibby's uninspired play give it to him?

While I understand people's enthusiasm about Cory, I can also appreciate why some don't feel the same.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Conacher is playing on the fourth line because he hasn't been productive, it is really that simple.

His TOI isn't varying much which suggests MacLean doesn't see him as a potential partner for Spezza, who desperately needs something on his line to get him going.

For the Cory fans, the good news is MacLean gave him 2:05 minutes of PP time last night which is a positive step for CC. The question is did Cory earn it or did Zibby's uninspired play give it to him?

While I understand people's enthusiasm about Cory, I can also appreciate why some don't feel the same.

I still say half the problem is the expectations some have placed on him. Conacher is a depth guy, nothing more, nothing less. He has been fine and he still has a lot to learn. I was glad hearing MacLean state they are working with him on holding the puck longer. Might be a confidence thing because he wouldn't let go it in Tampa :laugh: Conacher is a very raw player but he is making strides in his game. He is much stronger and aware defensively and he seems a bit stronger this year. In his limited amount of ice time lately he has certainly helped the team with drawing penalties, creating energy, and fulfilling his defensive responsibilities.

Also Greening has 0 goals playing most of his time on Spezza's wing why no scrutiny there ? Just seems Conacher has become the whipping boy it's crazy !!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

He was brought here because of his offense and he has maintained a spot on the bottom lines because of everything else he is doing.

Last year our Defense was not the problem thanks to goaltending. We were the pesky Sens without him. he was traded for to give us some more options on offense which has all but dried up now.

Love him or hate him he needs to get some points to be justified in having a roster spot.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
No one in print media, radio, or here are praising the play of Greening.

He has mostly underachieved thus far. Played well in the playoffs last season which earned him a pay raise but that's it.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
No one in print media, radio, or here are praising the play of Greening.

He has mostly underachieved thus far. Played well in the playoffs last season which earned him a pay raise but that's it.

Who said anything about praising Greening ? Are you seeing shadows ? Are you hearing voices ? Thought you weren't going to respond to me anymore ?

jmor

Sens and Jets
Aug 20, 2008
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Conacher is an undersized good third line energy player. He could be a slightly below average second line player. His best features are his speed and his energy. I think we could have gotten more from bishop, but I don't hate conacher. I don't think burying him on the fourth line helps. He should get second unit pp and third line with smith.

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
I've pretty much given up on Connacher being the guy we thought we were getting. Tampa knew that his hot goal scoring streak was not something he was likely ever going to reproduce, and was more than happy to ship him off for a #1 goaltender. We lost this trade bad.

That being said, I like Conacher as a third or fourth line guy who can pitch in a goal now and again, but for what it cost to get him - it sours me on the whole thing.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I view him as a prospect, albeit an older one, turning into an NHLer. He put up good numbers in the AHL, and there's one thing we know about him is don't count him out.

The Fuhr*

16GP 2G 3Pts ... If he's not producing then he's useless... Dudes a midget

The Fuhr*

I view him as a prospect, albeit an older one, turning into an NHLer. He put up good numbers in the AHL, and there's one thing we know about him is don't count him out.

He's to small for the NHL game.
Out of the lockout he put up 18Pts in 19GP playing with Stamkos and MSL... He was in mid season form while NHLers were still finding their legs.

Since that time he has put up
14Pts in 54GP

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
No offense guys but it's was Conacher, jones, or Ronaldo.....

I think we made the right choice. I think if bishop hit his RFA status he would have been offer sheeted knowing we can't carry 3 goalies, and we couldn't trade the other 2 because of their play but people ignore these things like how good Anderson really was last year.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
My is agenda is that people here are trying to make Conacher out to be something he is not. It is very clear to see for most.

Last edited:

The Fuhr*

My is agenda is that people hear are trying to make Conacher out to be something he is not. It is very clear to see for most.

Totally... He has 14Pts in his last 54 games.

Numbers speak for themselves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad