Conacher

sensfandan

Aug 21, 2004
Ottawa
Conacher can't receive or make a pass, which is why he's not playing in the top 6. I love how fearless he is and he's surprisingly effective in front of the net, but he kills possession and you can't have that when playing with Spezza or Turris. He's gonna have to find a niche as a bottom 6 pest I think, who can chip in the odd goal. He's fast and tenacious, so despite his size I think he can still be effective in that role.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Conacher can't receive or make a pass, which is why he's not playing in the top 6. I love how fearless he is and he's surprisingly effective in front of the net, but he kills possession and you can't have that when playing with Spezza or Turris. He's gonna have to find a niche as a bottom 6 pest I think, who can chip in the odd goal. He's fast and tenacious, so despite his size I think he can still be effective in that role.

He can take and receive passes but he has defiantly has been having puck trouble all year. Puck handling is the first thing that goes with confidence that is why the coaching staff is working with him on holding onto the puck longer. You don't play with Stamkos and MSL if you can't make and receive passes. Third line with a decent amount of minutes is what he need to develop. When he came here he was playing with Zibby and Silvf and he was passing and handling the puck fine. He has been thrown all over the lineup and to me it is obvious he has lost his way. It is the coaching staffs job to get him going again, the tools are there but ???

By the way no comments on my crappy spelling !

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
To all you stat gurus out there. Would anyone know how many goals have been scored with Conacher on the ice, both for and against ?

WhiteLight*

To all you stat gurus out there. Would anyone know how many goals have been scored with Conacher on the ice, both for and against ?

He doesn't do anything though. He's better than Neil, Greening and Kassian, but let's be honest, it's not that impressive

He can take and receive passes but he has defiantly has been having puck trouble all year. Puck handling is the first thing that goes with confidence that is why the coaching staff is working with him on holding onto the puck longer. You don't play with Stamkos and MSL if you can't make and receive passes. Third line with a decent amount of minutes is what he need to develop. When he came here he was playing with Zibby and Silvf and he was passing and handling the puck fine. He has been thrown all over the lineup and to me it is obvious he has lost his way. It is the coaching staffs job to get him going again, the tools are there but ??

You have crappy spelling !

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The only thing keeping Conacher in the line up is that he is working hard but his effort is not translating into scoring opportunities which is why he is getting the ice time he is.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
The only thing keeping Conacher in the line up is that he is working hard but his effort is not translating into scoring opportunities which is why he is getting the ice time he is.

Really I wasn't sure where you stood on this :laugh: And this is why I discuss with other people and am only left to insult with you. With you there is no discussion it's just insulting of a player.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
He doesn't do anything though. He's better than Neil, Greening and Kassian, but let's be honest, it's not that impressive

You have crappy spelling !

Beyond crappy your being nice about it :laugh:

And I really don't see people saying he's been great, but what is the reason and will he be a useful player down the road ? Man there's a lot of players on this team that haven't played up to par. Veterans that don't play up to par keep playing though and are getting the chance to work there way through their issues.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I think he has good potential to be a 15 goal scoring pesky third liner.

To me he does more than greening.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So you are saying Murray traded for him just so he can do what he is doing right now? Murray saw a chance to steal a forth line agitator for a back up goalie

In Tampa Conacher's role was to produce offensively

In Ottawa Conacher's role is to play 8 minutes and be a gritty 4th liner?

?
:sarcasm:

If Conacher had 3 goals 4 assists and played 16 minutes I don't think anyone would say that was bad. It is his second year. His drop off from what he did last season, albeit early in the shortened season, gave most a sense of optimism that he could be a contributing factor in our scoring scheme. Early on he busted his but to screen, be aggressive on the forecheck and draw penalties. Unfortunately the team had little success and took him out. Now he continues to do the same with line mates who can't score.

Not one person anywhere thinks he should be top 5 in scoring for the Sens. 5 - 10 i think would be a fair expectation. He sits tied for 14th with 4 others.

Think about the bolded and how much it has an impact on this discussion... I'll let you figure out that one for fun :)

Also, we are 2nd to the Lightning for goals scored in the East. We don't depend on Conacher for scoring. The silver lining with Conacher is that if at some point, we lack a bit of scoring, a guy like him could pick up the slack and start to give us more secondary scoring.

I thought this thread was can cory Conacher help this team. What does Bishop have to do with that ? Can you not see your leading nothing more than a smear campaign ? It's sad really :shakehead

Of course, look at who has been posting a lot on this page and next.

I always find it "odd" and laughable, I have a big smile going in the shower. HF can make those November days sunny :)

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Think about the bolded and how much it has an impact on this discussion... I'll let you figure out that one for fun :)

Also, we are 2nd to the Lightning for goals scored in the East. We don't depend on Conacher for scoring. The silver lining with Conacher is that if at some point, we lack a bit of scoring, a guy like him could pick up the slack and start to give us more secondary scoring.

Of course, look at who has been posting a lot on this page and next.

I always find it "odd" and laughable, I have a big smile going in the shower. HF can make those November days sunny :)
Yes because he only scores when we need him too.
Laughing-smiley-face-4.gif

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
I didn't like the return on Bishop when the trade happened but not because I think Conacher sucks, I didn't like it because I felt we had many players in our system that could play the same style as Conacher and therefore redundant to me. Guys like Pageau, Prince and Hoffman can all play a similar style to Conacher and all are smallish players and you can only have so many of them in your lineup.

I felt Bishop could have gotten us a better return in part of a package for a better player ie: Eberle or Simmonds.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I didn't like the return on Bishop when the trade happened but not because I think Conacher sucks, I didn't like it because I felt we had many players in our system that could play the same style as Conacher and therefore redundant to me. Guys like Pageau, Prince and Hoffman can all play a similar style to Conacher and all are smallish players and you can only have so many of them in your lineup.

I felt Bishop could have gotten us a better return in part of a package for a better player ie: Eberle or Simmonds.

QFT :nod:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Conacher's ES production last season was 23 pts in 544 mins, of which 9 came with Stamkos in 170 mins.

That leaves 14 pts in 374 mins, or .748 pts per 20 mins. That is in the same range as James Neal, Bobby Ryan, Daniel Sedin, Yakupov, Ovechkin, and Brad Richards had last season, and again, that's only his time without Stamkos were looking at. He has skill and potential if given the mins, not saying he will be as good offensively as the above, but he certainly has the ability to be cast in a supporting role.

This nonsense that only looked good because of Stamkos is clearly a myth. He slumping now, but I'll personally look to his 1st 47 games when judging his potential over just the last 17. Better yet, look at the whole career. Slumps happen, so do hot streaks. There is no need to get excited over one or the other.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It has nothing to do with how good/bad Conacher is and more about what market value existed for Bishop at the time.

He was unproven goalie with some flashy stats on a team whose goalies were all exhibiting flashy stats.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Edmonton offered Jones. Not a chance Bishop was landing Eberle. Simmonds was a pipe dream as well. If people are upset because of the value we got back for Bishop, they don;t have a firm grasp of the value of unproven backup (3rd string) goalies.

Halak got an unproven Eller after creating controversy with Price and being lights out in the Playoffs.

Huet, a proven starter, landed a 2nd.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Edmonton offered Jones. Not a chance Bishop was landing Eberle. Simmonds was a pipe dream as well. If people are upset because of the value we got back for Bishop, they don;t have a firm grasp of the value of unproven backup (3rd string) goalies.

In addition, both teams were looking to rebound this year and had expectations of challenging for the playoffs.

They certainly weren't in the panic mode that they are in now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad