Conacher

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
always fast, pesky, throwing the body, drawing penalties, and a threat around the net is not synonymous with diminishing ice time.

Ineffectiveness is.

:laugh: You crack me up. You just described Carlyle with MacArthur last year. He looks pretty good now. Carlyle just didn't like him for whatever reason.

PS Why don't you spend more time dumping on other teams players and leave ours alone GO SENS GO ( all of them )

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
:laugh: You crack me up. You just described Carlyle with MacArthur last year. He looks pretty good now. Carlyle just didn't like him for whatever reason.

PS Why don't you spend more time dumping on other teams players and leave ours alone GO SENS GO ( all of them )

I didn't like the trade and have stated why. If you love a player I am fine with that. I only state my opinion. If I was worried about what other thought I would have kept my opinion to myself.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I didn't like the trade and have stated why. If you love a player I am fine with that. I only state my opinion. If I was worried about what other thought I would have kept my opinion to myself.

How has this become the cry of "I only state my opinion" ? Of course you do that is what these forums are about but, stating your opinion and creating a thread that does nothing but dumps on a sens player is where I take exception. This is not so much about Conacher as it is about knocking players on your team. I to have players I don't favor but I don't go out of my way to belittle them every chance I get. I get your opinion but is it acceptable to call someone "fat" because they are fat and simply state "I only state my opinion" ? :shakehead

By the way I don't love the player but I hate that a guy that gives his all ever game gets dumped on !!!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
How has this become the cry of "I only state my opinion" ? Of course you do that is what these forums are about but, stating your opinion and creating a thread that does nothing but dumps on a sens player is where I take exception. This is not so much about Conacher as it is about knocking players on your team. I to have players I don't favor but I don't go out of my way to belittle them every chance I get. I get your opinion but is it acceptable to call someone "fat" because they are fat and simply state "I only state my opinion" ? :shakehead

By the way I don't love the player but I hate that a guy that gives his all ever game gets dumped on !!!
I don't consider criticism to be belittling a player. When a player is ineffective on your team you have every right to speak up about it. Just because he works hard doesn't mean he should get a free pass.
If he doesn't work hard but he is a great guy in the community should he get a pass too?

In my initial post I said he was a passenger. Thus far he is. Has done little to show he is an asset to our teams success. Does a couple of things good now and then but isn't doing anything another player couldn't do.

At the end of the day this is entertainment. I don't take this teams success or failures personally. When they win it is good, when they lose it sucks. Oh well.

If people can crap on Kovalev I can crap on Conacher.

If you can't handle this you are taking the hockey experience to seriously.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I don't consider criticism to be belittling a player. When a player is ineffective on your team you have every right to speak up about it. Just because he works hard doesn't mean he should get a free pass.
If he doesn't work hard but he is a great guy in the community should he get a pass too?

In my initial post I said he was a passenger. Thus far he is. Has done little to show he is an asset to our teams success. Does a couple of things good now and then but isn't doing anything another player couldn't do.

At the end of the day this is entertainment. I don't take this teams success or failures personally. When they win it is good, when they lose it sucks. Oh well.

If people can crap on Kovalev I can crap on Conacher.

If you can't handle this you are taking the hockey experience to seriously.

Handling what ? People shouldn't crap on Kovalev either. I think the people that are taking in too seriously are the ones are the BIG MEN that go after players they dont like. Lets just call it a difference of opinion. "Those who can do, those that can't criticize" But hey just my opinion.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Somewhat related - Edmonton has to be kicking themselves that they didn't get in on Ben Bishop last year. Bishop is off to a very nice start for the Bolts, and the Oilers goaltending is a hot mess. You have to think that they could have, and should have, put together a higher value package than Conacher. I guess this proves what a lot of GMs say privately - it's hard to get fair value for a goalie in any trade.

Still, I'm a little more bullish on Conacher than most. He's off to a slow start, but he has good wheels, has proven that he can score, and is far more willing to go into the dirty areas than most small players. Best case scenario, he is a poor man's Marty St. Louis, which is pretty good. In a league where it is sometimes hard to find good depth guys for your third line, he fills that role well. I think we need to see him for a full season here before making any hasty judgment.

jeffff

Oct 4, 2011
The last three games his TOI has been 6:57, 7:50, 9:32. Tough to produce when getting those minutes.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Handling what ? People shouldn't crap on Kovalev either. I think the people that are taking in too seriously are the ones are the BIG MEN that go after players they dont like. Lets just call it a difference of opinion. "Those who can do, those that can't criticize" But hey just my opinion.

This is getting ridiculous. If you have reasons why you think Conacher is a good fit then state them and let others reply. No one needs you to tell them what they should or shouldn't say.

Does this really need to be overstated?

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
This is getting ridiculous. If you have reasons why you think Conacher is a good fit then state them and let others reply. No one needs you to tell them what they should or shouldn't say.

Does this really need to be overstated?

Ridiculous is when you started this thread. I have no need to say anything more. :laugh:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Not sure if sarcasm, but I can't stand Corsi.

I agree Corsi doesn't show who you were playing against. Spezza always draws the toughest competition. Of course stats show a picture but to totally rely on them is silly.

mrkevo

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
Still, I'm a little more bullish on Conacher than most. He's off to a slow start, but he has good wheels, has proven that he can score, and is far more willing to go into the dirty areas than most small players. Best case scenario, he is a poor man's Marty St. Louis, which is pretty good. In a league where it is sometimes hard to find good depth guys for your third line, he fills that role well. I think we need to see him for a full season here before making any hasty judgment.

I agree, given a fair shot I could see him being just as effective as someone like Brendan Gallagher. If I had it my way he'd be given an honest shot for a couple of games to fill a top 6 role. I think Maclean was a little too quick to move him out but that's just my opinion.

I think he could be very good for us, but on that fourth line getting 6-7 mins a night hes not going to be able to do much.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think there are better options in the organization especially when considering Conacher was brought in to be another goal scorer & he is not scoring. While I agree he has all the tools & looks like he has the potential to be an effective goal scorer & player & Ottawa could certainly use another goal scorer, he isn't scoring & he has some defensive deficiencies. If he isn't scoring, I would rather replace him or trade him for someone who can contribute more on the score board & to wins.

Having said that though Conacher should be put on the 3rd line for tonight's game & Neil should be placed on the 4th line. Conacher with Michalek & Smith would potentially create another scoring line & give Conacher a better shot at being successful & possibly scoring.

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON
I think there are better options in the organization especially when considering Conacher was brought in to be another goal scorer & he is not scoring. While I agree he has all the tools & looks like he has the potential to be an effective goal scorer & player & Ottawa could certainly use another goal scorer, he isn't scoring & he has some defensive deficiencies. If he isn't scoring, I would rather replace him or trade him for someone who can contribute more on the score board & to wins.

Having said that though Conacher should be put on the 3rd line for tonight's game & Neil should be placed on the 4th line. Conacher with Michalek & Smith would potentially create another scoring line & give Conacher a better shot at being successful & possibly scoring.

He isn't scoring because he's playing with Matt Kassian and Derek Grant. Oh, and he's been getting under 10 mins/game. Switch him with Neil and give him a solid 15 minutes a game:

Greening-Spezza-Conacher

Guarantee he puts points on the board with those linemates.

mrkevo

Nov 5, 2013
Ontario
He isn't scoring because he's playing with Matt Kassian and Derek Grant. Oh, and he's been getting under 10 mins/game. Switch him with Neil and give him a solid 15 minutes a game:

Greening-Spezza-Conacher

Guarantee he puts points on the board with those linemates.

I agree I would also like to see Conacher play with Spezza. There was a game or two that he was on a line with Spezza and Michalek and was very effective infront of the net.

I just don't like greening on that top line. I just think he'd be better for the third line. I'd rather Zibby-Spezza-Conacher to try for a few games and have Greening play with Michalek and Smith.

John Holmes*

A little hot streak would be very welcomed.

He almost put in a pretty nice one last game.

Maybe the Habs are just what he needs.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

In his limited time on the ice he is contributing in many ways. He drew the penalty that tied the game at 2 to 2 against Dallas, he drew two more penalties last game and he's generally pissing the other team off. He gets no power play time and plays less than 10 minutes a game what do people expect. I will also add who else on this team has played with so many different line mates ? He is the man without a line !!! His defense has been much improved this year and he is always the first forward busting his ass to get back to the defensive zone.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
In his limited time on the ice he is contributing in many ways. He drew the penalty that tied the game at 2 to 2 against Dallas, he drew two more penalties last game and he's generally pissing the other team off. He gets no power play time and plays less than 10 minutes a game what do people expect. I will also add who else on this team has played with so many different line mates ? He is the man without a line !!! His defense has been much improved this year and he is always the first forward busting his ass to get back to the defensive zone.

Do players who are playing well get moved around so much and lose ice time?

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Do players who are playing well get moved around so much and lose ice time?

What does that have to do with what was said. I stated he was doing some things on the ice in his limited time. Now say goodnight to your mom and go to bed it's past your bedtime.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
What does that have to do with what was said. I stated he was doing some things on the ice in his limited time. Now say goodnight to your mom and go to bed it's past your bedtime.

I asked you a question. You don't have to answer it. You can insult all you want to avoid the answer.

Holly crap did Conacher just score?

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I wasn't insulting I'm concerned about you Buddy your behaviour is strange. A hate obsession maybe :laugh:
You can't handle the fact that Conacher is a player who isn't as valuable as much as you think.

You have really no defense to this and continue to throw around insults to take the actual facts of the matter way off course.

There is nothing strange about what I am saying and for you to say that is an insult.

You are showing a lack a maturity needed to have a conversation so I will make sure not to reply to you anymore.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
You can't handle the fact that Conacher is a player who isn't as valuable as much as you think.

You have really no defense to this and continue to throw around insults to take the actual facts of the matter way off course.

There is nothing strange about what I am saying and for you to say that is an insult.

You are showing a lack a maturity needed to have a conversation so I will make sure not to reply to you anymore.

Thanks I've been waiting for that. Good luck with your therapy. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad