Conacher

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Is it safe to say that several posters on this board have no idea what they are talking about?

I don't want to pick on you specifically but this is the kind of arrogant post that pisses me off. People have different opinions, if you don't agree with someone's post or opinion state why, but just don't post a rude comment or ridicule. Conacher was brought in as I understand it to be another goal scorer, that has not turned out that way, that's a fact. People on here had him scoring 30 goals with Spezza & that hasn't turn out either. People also had Filatov & Ryan scoring 30 goals or more with Spezza & none of that turned out, do they not know what they were talking about too? Maybe it's Spezza's fault, the way people have turned on him on here. :sarcasm:

You think Petersson should be in the NHL, I think he should be playing in Europe. People have different opinions & they should at least be allowed to express them without ridicule. A lot of people on here were ******** all over Z. Smith until the coach said he has been one of their best forwards, all of a sudden no more trade Smith posts. Nothing could be said about Spezza on here before, I know, I got crapped on all the time for saying he didn't manage the puck very well. Now that the coach has changed his linemates & seems to have demoted Jason, a lot of people are crapping on him, I now feel sorry for Spezza. I think it's safe to say Conacher is not what we thought we were getting or he isn't scoring like we thought he would. And if some want to trade him, so what? Big deal, I bet every player on the team has at least one person on these boards who want to trade them, so what? People should be able to say what they want, isn't that why there is a forum? Or is that just for the experts on here who want everyone to agree with them because they are always right & know so much more than everyone else & try to belittle the people who don't agree with them. :rant:

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
MacLean seems to be operating on the basis of playing "the devil he knows rather than one he doesn't".

IMO there is no way the Sens should have traded for Conacher if they weren't prepared to face the risks a young 23 year old without waiver exemption may present.

Conacher wasn't a sure top six last year nor was he coming out of training camp this year. What he had shown suggested he had the potential.

So unless Murray had a plan to flip Conacher if the kid didn't produce, his treatment in regards to where he is in the lineup is very surprising.

I could be wrong, but IMO a young player with the potential to be a top six isn't served well by playing with grinders 8-10 minutes a game.

PS just my view on whether or not Cory would be claimed. I doubt it since he would have to remain on the roster of the team claiming him. Given how things have gone for Cory so far, I'm not sure a team would make that commitment specially this early in the season.

He would be claimed by every team in the NHL. He was just the AHL MVP, has speed, was among the rookie leaders in scoring and has playoff experience. He has skills and a relentless competitiveness on the ice.

He is far from one of the problems on our team this season. He is not in a top 6 role because Ryan and Spezza failed to mesh and only one line is going right now, the Turris one and MacLean is trying to find who can play with Spezza.

Anyone who thinks that Conacher would pass through waivers is nuts. :help:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He would be claimed by every team in the NHL. He was just the AHL MVP, has speed, was among the rookie leaders in scoring and has playoff experience. He has skills and a relentless competitiveness on the ice.

He is far from one of the problems on our team this season. He is not in a top 6 role because Ryan and Spezza failed to mesh and only one line is going right now, the Turris one and MacLean is trying to find who can play with Spezza.

Capgeek has Conacher as being waiver exempt.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Capgeek has Conacher as being waiver exempt.

It's wrong they changed last year to being considered a full year, it was a one time thing. It really doesn't matter he would not be sent down he would be traded if they didn't want him. It's early things change all the time Conacher is an NHL player over the about 60 regular season games he has played he's got 14 goals and 18 assists certainly not bad. He also scored 3 times in the playoffs last year. People I think we're expecting too much, too soon from him. :).

PS I maybe be a little off with the games and points I didn't look it up.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's wrong they changed last year to being considered a full year, it was a one time thing. It really doesn't matter he would not be sent down he would be traded if they didn't want him. It's early things change all the time Conacher is an NHL player over the about 60 regular season games he has played he's got 14 goals and 18 assists certainly not bad. He also scored 3 times in the playoffs last year. People I think we're expecting too much, too soon from him. :).

PS I maybe be a little off with the games and points I didn't look it up.

I looked it up a few minutes ago in the exempt section & it still says he is waiver exempt. If it's wrong I wish they would change it. Most of his goals were scored with Tampa, we are still waiting for that goal scorer to show up in Ottawa. I like how he is playing the game but if he isn't going to score goals then I want a bigger, tougher guy in the lineup to do what he is doing.

P.S. - Would love to get Simmons for our 3rd line but I doubt Philly let him go unless it`s for more than we could offer. I wanted to trade for Simmons when he was in LA & most here said he was a 4th line goon. :shakehead

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
People who are calling out other people saying that they don't know what they're talking about when it comes to having a opinion against Conacher, could be said the exact same to the very same people who have a ridiculous man-crush over Conacher for no apparent reason, what so ever.

People here who are defending Conacher have no stats to back their **** up. How ever, people who are against have the stats to back them up.

2 freaking goals, dead last in offensive production, can't play defense, only knows how to skate fast in a straight line which is no use to us because he can't freaking handle the god damn puck. He brings absolutely nothing to this team and is the most useless hockey player I've seen in a while.

Now, who ever thinks he's a great player and all that ****.. keep telling yourself that.. LOL!

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
P.S. - Would love to get Simmons for our 3rd line but I doubt Philly let him go unless it`s for more than we could offer. I wanted to trade for Simmons when he was in LA & most here said he was a 4th line goon. :shakehead

SimmonDs would not be on our third line. SimmonDs would be on our top line beside Spezza. He was never a "goon" he has always been a power forward.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
There is such a thing as a ridiculous opinion.

Depends on your perspective, I would say that everyone on here has had a ridiculous opinion at some point from someone else`s perspective. Who is to say who is right or wrong? How many people here said that Feester was a terrible GM? Where are those people now that Calgary is doing so well? Looks like some of the things he did turned out alright & he was right & they were wrong. So many people on here think they are experts. :rant:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
People who are calling out other people saying that they don't know what they're talking about when it comes to having a opinion against Conacher, could be said the exact same to the very same people who have a ridiculous man-crush over Conacher for no apparent reason, what so ever.

People here who are defending Conacher have no stats to back their **** up. How ever, people who are against have the stats to back them up.

2 freaking goals, dead last in offensive production, can't play defense, only knows how to skate fast in a straight line which is no use to us because he can't freaking handle the god damn puck. He brings absolutely nothing to this team and is the most useless hockey player I've seen in a while.

Now, who ever thinks he's a great player and all that ****.. keep telling yourself that.. LOL!

Do you have anger issues ? :laugh:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Depends on your perspective, I would say that everyone on here has had a ridiculous opinion at some point from someone else`s perspective. Who is to say who is right or wrong? How many people here said that Feester was a terrible GM? Where are those people now that Calgary is doing so well? Looks like some of the things he did turned out alright & he was right & they were wrong. So many people on here think they are experts. :rant:

Some people we all think we are experts on here :sarcasm:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
SimmonDs would not be on our third line. SimmonDs would be on our top line beside Spezza. He was never a "goon" he has always been a power forward.

He's exactly what we need but I don't care how crazy Holmgren is Simmonds will not be going anywhere unless there is a gross overpayment. He's no goon he is Chris Neil with skill.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008

Cory Conacher must be better than Claude Giroux. No goals, -9, must be a horrible player who can't play defense :sarcasm:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Conacher is a perfect guy to have on your 3rd line. Brings energy, speed and a little bit of grittyness which is great. He is able to move into the top 6 if there is an injury.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Conacher is a perfect guy to have on your 3rd line. Brings energy, speed and a little bit of grittyness which is great. He is able to move into the top 6 if there is an injury.

Do you have the stats to back that claim up ? LMAO. Throw me some of that Corsi stuff :laugh:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I don't want to pick on you specifically but this is the kind of arrogant post that pisses me off. People have different opinions, if you don't agree with someone's post or opinion state why, but just don't post a rude comment or ridicule. Conacher was brought in as I understand it to be another goal scorer, that has not turned out that way, that's a fact. People on here had him scoring 30 goals with Spezza & that hasn't turn out either. People also had Filatov & Ryan scoring 30 goals or more with Spezza & none of that turned out, do they not know what they were talking about too? Maybe it's Spezza's fault, the way people have turned on him on here. :sarcasm:

You think Petersson should be in the NHL, I think he should be playing in Europe. People have different opinions & they should at least be allowed to express them without ridicule. A lot of people on here were ******** all over Z. Smith until the coach said he has been one of their best forwards, all of a sudden no more trade Smith posts. Nothing could be said about Spezza on here before, I know, I got crapped on all the time for saying he didn't manage the puck very well. Now that the coach has changed his linemates & seems to have demoted Jason, a lot of people are crapping on him, I now feel sorry for Spezza. I think it's safe to say Conacher is not what we thought we were getting or he isn't scoring like we thought he would. And if some want to trade him, so what? Big deal, I bet every player on the team has at least one person on these boards who want to trade them, so what? People should be able to say what they want, isn't that why there is a forum? Or is that just for the experts on here who want everyone to agree with them because they are always right & know so much more than everyone else & try to belittle the people who don't agree with them. :rant:

wiserhood-o.gif

PierresGabriels

Jan 13, 2010
Orleans

This **** right here, friends.

I think you could put Conacher on any line and he could be alright. He's carving out the niche of a Marchand/Gallagher type on our team. Tonight he was in their goalies face a bunch and draw a couple penalties. That's a big plus in my books.

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON
6:39 minutes of ice time tonight... ******** if you ask me. kid is always fast, pesky, throwing the body, drawing penalties, and a threat around the net. really wish Mac would play him with Spez.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
6:39 minutes of ice time tonight... ******** if you ask me. kid is always fast, pesky, throwing the body, drawing penalties, and a threat around the net. really wish Mac would play him with Spez.

always fast, pesky, throwing the body, drawing penalties, and a threat around the net is not synonymous with diminishing ice time.

Ineffectiveness is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad