Conacher

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
lol at OP and thread.

So far what I've seen from Cony this period alone, was instrumental in cycling and screening for the first goal. Always in front of the net, and even saw him dump a guy over the SJ goalie.

This.

I can't tell you how many times I've watched Conacher when he was in Syracuse do this same crap to the BSens. I hated him, now that he's on the team, I see why I hated him. He is a pest that has an ability to be big with a small body. Go back and watch some of the goal highlights from this season, he's providing screens for the goalie. And the snipers know that's what he is doing.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
You just can't let go can you ! Dude your making a goof of yourself.

No, I am not. I don't need anyone to tell me what to think. I don't have to like a player if I chose not too. He is not doing anything another player can't do. Sure, he runs around and causes a little disturbance but he hasn't shown any of what he had in Tampa. The coaching staff knows this and has changed his role to hide the fact that on a offensively challenged team he doesn't create offense.

Was he brought in to do what he is doing right now or was he brought in because of his scoring?

He should be on the checking line because of his effort not a scoring line.

Last edited:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not sure how anyone can hate on Conacher. He brings it shift in and shift out. He's pretty highly skilled, he's fast and he's a huge pest to the other team.

Just a few stats for Conacher:

CorsiOn: +8.54 (4th in Ottawa playing more than 2 games)
GF on/60: 4.02 (2nd highest on the team among forwards playing more than 2 games)
+/- on/60: +2.51 (2nd highest on the team among forwards playing more than 2 games)

He might not be putting the goals in himself, but he's been on the ice for more goals than anyone on the team not named Karlsson/Methot (tied with MacA, Spezza and Turris). Conacher absolutely has helped this team improve -- it's the rest of the team that really needs to step up.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
No, I am not. I don't need anyone to tell me what to think. I don't have to like a player if I chose not too. He is not doing anything another player can't do. Sure, he runs around and causes a little disturbance but he hasn't shown any of what he had in Tampa. The coaching staff knows this and has changed his role to hide the fact that on a offensively challenged team he doesn't create offense.

Was he brought in to do what he is doing right now or was he brought in because of his scoring?

He should be on the checking line because of his effort not a scoring line.

Are you watching the games ? He's playing around twelve minutes a night with limited (second) power play time ? He maybe getting 6-8 minutes a night on scoring lines !! I think your problem is you are expecting way too much out of an undersized rookie !! As Murray said when they acquired Conacher " we think he can help us down the road". If you thought you were getting a guy that was putting up 12 points in 7 games then I think maybe your were expecting wayyyyy too much.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Are you watching the games ? He's playing around twelve minutes a night with limited (second) power play time ? He maybe getting 6-8 minutes a night on scoring lines !! I think your problem is you are expecting way too much out of an undersized rookie !! As Murray said when they acquired Conacher " we think he can help us down the road". If you thought you were getting a guy that was putting up 12 points in 7 games then I think maybe your were expecting wayyyyy too much.

He is averaging 13 1/2 minutes a night and is usually being taken off the second line by the coaching staff to try and get other guys going. He has 16 shots in 11 games which puts him 8th out of forwards. He is on the ice for a lot of our goals and his screens are paying off. He just hasn't been the answer in a top line position. We traded a #1 goalie for a 3rd line checker with some scoring upside. A tougher Ryan Shannon.

Last edited:

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
As Simmer says " Don't mistake activity for achievement"

I like Conacher's game quite abit but not a fan of his flopping when getting hit, etc.. although he has been better so far to start the year...

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Not really sure what they were doing on that faceoff. No coverage of the point at all.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not sure how anyone can hate on Conacher. He brings it shift in and shift out. He's pretty highly skilled, he's fast and he's a huge pest to the other team.

Just a few stats for Conacher:

CorsiOn: +8.54 (4th in Ottawa playing more than 2 games)
GF on/60: 4.02 (2nd highest on the team among forwards playing more than 2 games)
+/- on/60: +2.51 (2nd highest on the team among forwards playing more than 2 games)

He might not be putting the goals in himself, but he's been on the ice for more goals than anyone on the team not named Karlsson/Methot (tied with MacA, Spezza and Turris). Conacher absolutely has helped this team improve -- it's the rest of the team that really needs to step up.

When Conacher has been on the ice at ES, we've scored 77% of the goals. He must be doing something right. I really can't see why anyone would be complaining about his play right now, he certainly hasn't been a detriment to any line he's been on, and if having him in the top 6 means we can spread out the offence it clearly a win for the team.

I can fathom what Conacher must have done to the OP to get this kind of hate right now, I can only assume he sugared his gas tank while ... well the rest is kinda inappropriate, so I'll your imagination take over.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
When Conacher has been on the ice at ES, we've scored 77% of the goals. He must be doing something right. I really can't see why anyone would be complaining about his play right now, he certainly hasn't been a detriment to any line he's been on, and if having him in the top 6 means we can spread out the offence it clearly a win for the team.

I can fathom what Conacher must have done to the OP to get this kind of hate right now, I can only assume he sugared his gas tank while ... well the rest is kinda inappropriate, so I'll your imagination take over.

What % of goals have we scored now with Conacher at ES?

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
This thread is a joke riight? Conny is the next marchand minus the diving and cheap shots. Love my honey badger.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
This thread is a joke riight? Conny is the next marchand minus the diving and cheap shots. Love my honey badger.

He is not a bad player, he just isn't worth what we gave up. If we had Bishop right now he would of brought back so much more in a trade.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
He is not a bad player, he just isn't worth what we gave up. If we had Bishop right now he would of brought back so much more in a trade.

The worst part about that trade was that it helped Tampa, a divisional rival. Not saying Conacher is a bad player, but it was a risky trade.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
What % of goals have we scored now with Conacher at ES?

75%

He was primarily used with Neil and Smith against Chicago, and played the vast majority of his 5v5 time against the Kane line, so 1 GF none against seems like a solid night outcome wise to me. Regrettably I couldn't catch the game, so I presume his line didn't look great otherwise you wouldn't have asked right?

Not sure where the precedent for backup goalies bringing back much more is. Besides, if we had Bishop now, he'd be in the AHL losing value.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

And what did Bernier a far better prospect fetch ? Scrivens and Matt Frattin ? I trust Murray got the best possible return. If you don't like the trade fine but I don't think you should be judging Conacher but who he was traded for, that is done. I also don't think you should be expecting St. Louis type performances out of him, it's not going to happen.

PS You are now calling him not a bad player and in an earlier post you called him Garbage and he should be buried in the minors. Which one is it or are you blowing with the wind :shakehead I will state it again we traded Bishop for Conacher not Lehner :help:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Considering Conacher's contributions I doubt we would have received a better player at any point for Bishop.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
And what did Bernier a far better prospect fetch ? Scrivens and Matt Frattin ? I trust Murray got the best possible return. If you don't like the trade fine but I don't think you should be judging Conacher but who he was traded for, that is done. I also don't think you should be expecting St. Louis type performances out of him, it's not going to happen.

PS You are now calling him not a bad player and in an earlier post you called him Garbage and he should be buried in the minors. Which one is it or are you blowing with the wind :shakehead I will state it again we traded Bishop for Conacher not Lehner :help:
Where was that said to be exact?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Not sure where the precedent for backup goalies bringing back much more is. Besides, if we had Bishop now, he'd be in the AHL losing value.

Seems like a too much complicated concept... Go easy on here

Or we could have burried Lehner in the minors and watch him ask for a trade? Sounds genius

Even if I have been around here for years, I'm still always in shock reading these boards and see all those kids expecting those magical trades that would put our team over the top... Like if any other GM would have done miracles. In the real world, it's more the market that dictates the return value of a player at the point in time when it happens. But well, what do I know?

Last edited:

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Considering Conacher's contributions I doubt we would have received a better player at any point for Bishop.

considering we were offered jones from edmonton and Rinaldo from the flyers i think your right and we did pretty good.

Sneider is one thing for value but unproven goaltenders don't get a ton of value and thats exactly what bishop was when we moved him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->