Confirmed with Link: Complete Rebranding, New Logo, Arena Renovations & Vinikville - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
reminds me of

jersey_oct_full_063008.jpg

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://tbo.com/news/business/vinik-...140612/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Jeff Vinik is taking another step forward in his drive to buy up and control land around the Forum, where his hockey team plays.

One of his real estate partnerships is now under contract to buy the last few residential properties in the immediate area, including three 100-year-old shotgun-style homes at the northwest corner of Cumberland Avenue and Nebraska Avenue, and a low-slung apartment building next door with four units.

The homes stick out as the last remaining residential holdouts between the Selmon Expressway and Channelside Drive in what’s now a sea of open-field parking where more than a few political players in town hope Vinik might usher in a baseball stadium.
There’s a general plan to widen Cumberland Avenue, Diaz said, and potentially allow Vinik to clear the whole area for future development. “This gives them one less headache to deal with,” Diaz said.

Diaz said the purchaser is the Colorado-based real estate partnership where Vinik is a stakeholder, Gold Crown Management, which also has been buying scores of properties north of the Forum. That includes $10 million in land purchased nearby in 2013. When added to about 14 acres it already had purchased in the same area, the new acquisition locked up most of the land along Channelside Drive between Morgan Street and Meridian Avenue.
Meanwhile, Vinik also plans a hotel project nearby at the corner of Nebraska Avenue and Old Water Street. That project has just started the rezoning process.

More than a few political players in Tampa have hoped that Vinik would help transform the area around the Forum. At one point Vinik had plans to acquire control of the Channelside Bay Plaza retail and entertainment complex. That may still happen, as a federal bankruptcy court is holding an auction for the Channelside site in July.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Add Pia Toscano to the list of regular anthem singers, at least for the playoffs.

Note, not the regular season where the Kings don't do as well. Just the playoffs.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
On the topic of logos and looks and such, does anyone know where I can get my hands on Lightning jerseys from the 90's when we had the "shredded" numbers? Say what you like about them but they had character. I particularly liked the name lettering as well.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
On the topic of logos and looks and such, does anyone know where I can get my hands on Lightning jerseys from the 90's when we had the "shredded" numbers? Say what you like about them but they had character. I particularly liked the name lettering as well.

I never figured out who these people are that hated them. I still think they're the definitive Lightning sweater in the team's history.

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
I think Slapshot means these...

http://instagram.com/p/pixMu9A1Fm/

From what I recall a bunch of broadcasters from different teams complained that it was too hard to read the numbers. It's a shame the Lightning lost a unique part of their uniform but I can't blame the broadcasters, they were very hard to read from 20+ feet away. Also in hindsight I really wish I didn't waste that font on a St. Louis jersey.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Yeessss! Thank you gents. I'd love to get my hands on a white Lecavalier jersey that looks like that. The 4's were out of control awesome.

And no offense but if anything these make numbers EASIER to distinguish. With our block numbering I have a hard time between 8's and 9's and occasionally I will mess up 5's and 6's. What a moronic excuse. Yes the block numbering is more pleasing to the eye and makes you take the uniform much more seriously, but that "shredded" look adds an element of fun to the look.

I hated the change to the blue and I still do. We look prestiged and classy but its so ******* boring. It was fun being black, white, silver and blue. Now we are just lost in the majority of the other 21 or so teams that wear either red or blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad