Confirmed with Link: Complete Rebranding, New Logo, Arena Renovations & Vinikville - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/the-lightnings-newly-decorated-hallways/2146373
The Lightning has again redecorated the hallways inside its locker room and leading outside the locker room door to the ice.
"The plan in our head was tohave the history of our team and the present of our team as we walked out onto the ice," coach Jon Cooper said. "Guys could get a feel what's gone on here, who's walked in these hallways before us and who is walking the hallway now. That was well thought out with the group."

Cooper said that every picture that went into the murals, where they were situated, was approved by the coaching and management staff. Cooper called it "trendy" and "modern."

"What I had in my mind I thought was going to be great, they made it way cooler," Cooper said.

"I think that puts a little onus on you," Cooper added. "This was done here in the past. This is becoming an expectation for us. This is what we want to do. We want to go in and expect to win games and anything you can do to help create that environment it helps."

[nhl]455156[/nhl]

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Thunderbug also might light up now?

https://twitter.com/ThunderBugTBL

[nhl]453753[/nhl]

[nhl]455073[/nhl]

I was actually thinking about Thunderbug's lighting capabilities earlier today which makes these videos a bit weird to see.

I'm pretty sure Bug would have to take his pants off, and I'm not sure we can deal with that.

Light a mup mup bug, light a mup mup bug.

Last edited:

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
Before last year, i was also thinking about how cool it would be to use that Daft Punk TRON:Legacy song as part of the opening music, and literally next game i went to, they used it, that was pretty weird.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
BWNicbeIMAAhRaY.jpg

9utgk.gif

CSampson

Apr 8, 2009
That hallway mural thing looks amazinggggg! Nice nod to Terry Crisp on there lol.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I like the idea that Vancouver added, with lights in the glass stanchions. I think it would be cool having alternating white/blue lights, synchronized with Tesla coils.

Ricebox

Feb 7, 2013
Norway - Florida
I once convinced a girl that when the Tesla coils were first installed, the power was set too high, and they grounded out on an unfortunate spectator and killed her, needless to say she was scared ****less everytime they went off :laugh:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I guess the team was expecting Drouin to make it as they have him on the wall already.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I once convinced a girl that when the Tesla coils were first installed, the power was set too high, and they grounded out on an unfortunate spectator and killed her, needless to say she was scared ****less everytime they went off :laugh:

i once convinced a girl to have sex with me.

you still win

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
its cool that, this year, the bug will have the ability to electrocute boston fans, instead of the seemingly ineffective silly string defense we had before.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Already removed some Vinny stuff.

Notably the big picture outside of the team store between the store and ticket box.

Marty and Stammer are still there, but Vinny's pic is gone with the stuff still in the wall from the picture.

I won't be posting much here this season. My level of negativity is too high still because of the Vinny incident.

Also just saw Vinik thinks Yzerman is doing great and plans on owning the team til he dies. Ugh. Maybe if he loses more money like he has been with his "business" ventures he will have to. Also read in that thread there are no plans for uniform changes anytime soon. Idiots.

I hated the rebrand, but I just didn't buy any of their new ****** logo stuff. I realize the crappy logo won't go anywhere for quite some time since the upper guys seem to think it's such a classic logo, morons, but I hold out hope they will eventually add more black to the uniforms so we stop looking like the Leaf Wings. The Vinny thing just seemed so disloyal, and actually seeing him in a Flyers uni makes me ill.

Enjoy the season guys! I know my absence won't bother many :)

Last edited:

Stammer Time*

Sons of Pirates
Dec 6, 2003
St.Pete, Florida
After surviving through OK Hockey and close to being relocated I'm shocked someone would be upset with Vinik. Look at how many bad owners there are and look at how many teams switch owners, to be upset that he wants to continue to own the Lightning for his life I just can't understand. They can wear those women's pink fashion jerseys for all I care, I'd always take the Tampa Bay Pink Lightning over the Seattle _______.

I wish the Glazers cared about the Bucs a tenth of what Vinik cares about the Lightning.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
After surviving through OK Hockey and close to being relocated I'm shocked someone would be upset with Vinik. Look at how many bad owners there are and look at how many teams switch owners, to be upset that he wants to continue to own the Lightning for his life I just can't understand. They can wear those women's pink fashion jerseys for all I care, I'd always take the Tampa Bay Pink Lightning over the Seattle _______.

I wish the Glazers cared about the Bucs a tenth of what Vinik cares about the Lightning.

Ditto. Plus anyone who does not understand why Vinny was bought does not understand the business side of the team; the cap penalties would handcuff SFY for many years if he got a career ending injury. I would have loved if Vinny played here until he retired but the risk was too great. I still have a lot of Vinny stuff in my home office, and it is not coming down, but it time to move on to 2013-2014 Bolts.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Ditto. Plus anyone who does not understand why Vinny was bought does not understand the business side of the team; the cap penalties would handcuff SFY for many years if he got a career ending injury. I would have loved if Vinny played here until he retired but the risk was too great. I still have a lot of Vinny stuff in my home office, and it is not coming down, but it time to move on to 2013-2014 Bolts.

Vinny will be missed and it was tough to let him go but I gotta agree with this. Also as much as it pains me to say his yearly injuries and his age were catching up to him. He is not the same player at all. I'm not sure he's even worth the 4.5 for five years the flyers gave him. Was just too slow last year and was a liability in the defensive zone. I gotta say Yzerman has made a lot of mistakes but buying out Vinny was not a bad decision at all. I do wish him the best of luck in Philly though. Great guy and class act. He will be a Lightning forever. In the meantime I like Filpulas game. Good pick up for the direction this team is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->