Proposal: Columbus - Florida

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
If only everything was that rasy.

"the price has been set"? Can you post a link to where your GM said this? Thanks

Can you post a link to where any other GM has said "Kekalainen is asking too much he'll never get that."

there is 0.0 chance the blue jackets can do better then Huberdeau.

You have delusions of grandeur when it comes to a potential return for Panarin

Read the post to which the one you quoted is responding.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Oh and the rumors are all that our GM wants roster return so we can make the playoffs this year as well.

Not my call, those are the rumors.

So, looking at our depth chart without bread, that's probably a top 6 LW being requested....

Reactions: Fro

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Huberdeau?
The 70 point player in his own right who is even better defensively, younger, and signed to a steal of a long term contract?
That Huberdeau?

HAHAHAH its going to be a sad day in Columbus the day Panarin is traded, if thats what you're expecting in return.
why do we brand him so if he never hit 70 points?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
the example is inappropriate. in his six seasons in the nhl only once he put more than 60 points and never hit 70. it'd be charitable to even call him a 60 point player

That's laughable.

Reactions: Laus723

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
the example is inappropriate. in his six seasons in the nhl only once he put more than 60 points and never hit 70. it'd be charitable to even call him a 60 point player
15/16: 59 in 76
16/17:26 in 31
17/18: 69 in 82

He's been over a 60 point pace each of the last three seasons. He is easily a 60 point player. Give your head a shake.

Reactions: Laus723

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization

He's been over a 60 point pace each of the last three seasons. He is easily a 60 point player. Give your head a shake.
yet only once he actually put more than 60 points and never hit 70. it's nonsensical to call him a 70 point player.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Fair enough, I'll accept that for Huberdeau but hopefully CBJ fans will call Panarin a 70pt winger instead of a PPG winger since he's done it once. I think both players can replicate their numbers this year though

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
So cats fans would have jackets fans believe that a late first (adding panarin will do that) and your not top prospect is fair value?
The Panthers have multiple excellent prospects. They can send a great prospect without sending their top guy. Personally, If some package of Borgstrom and Bjugstad nets Panarin, I think the Panthers would and should do it. I think the OP was not enough, but get over yourself saying that Tipett isn't a good enough prospect to headline a return because he isn't the best prospect.

If getting a teams "top" prospect matters so much to you, I'm sure a team like the Penguins would love to give you their top prospect.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

Now we're using pace to justify it...he hit it once...and not close at any other point...this is insane...

Back to the point, a good prospect and a mid to late 1st doesnt get panarin

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
So cats fans would have jackets fans believe that a late first (adding panarin will do that) and your not top prospect is fair value?

Let's compare that to the Kane return.
Kane got a 1st, 4th and B prospect. At the deadline.

Since we're doing this for the season, the price goes up.

Now wait, did I see panarin is good for nearly 30 more points than Kane several posts above this? I did.

The price goes up.

Florida having an increased chance to sign him based on [insert potentially made up reason here].

The price goes up.

Pretty simple. Panarin is a premier wing in the game. While he is in his mid 20s already, he is expected to last longer since he doesn't have as many miles on him from playing in the league at an early age, so his durability should be longer. If you'd like to put together a real proposal that benefits both teams and accounts for comparables, feel free.

I made my offer of Borgstrom and our 1st already. I know Tippett wont get it done.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Now we're using pace to justify it...he hit it once...and not close at any other point...this is insane...

Back to the point, a good prospect and a mid to late 1st doesnt get panarin
59 points in a season wasn't close. Sorry he didn't get 59.5 points in 2015/2016.

He had his achillies partially severed two seasons ago and came back and scored at a better pace the year before. Then he scored at the exact same pace this past season. You know what that means? It means his scoring pace is not a fluke.

Reactions: I am not exposed

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So by that standard Panarin is a 3 time 30G scoring winger. I mean he scored 27 goals this season, he basically hit 30 and he's scored at a 30G pace in his previous two seasons.

You guys realize you're getting a player who can't not only lead an entire offense, but he's going to make players like Barkov reach the next level. This isn't Rick Nash, this isn't Evander Kane, this is a cornerstone/franchise player who can and will put the team on his back.

I mean ffs he put up 82 pts being centered by a rookie and playing opposite of Atkinson. I can only imagine what he'd do bring centered by Barkov and opposite of Dandonov.

He might not bring back Huberdeau+ but to say he couldn't even bring him back 1 for 1 is absurd. Jarmo is going to shop him around to get as close to full value as possible(somewhere he would like to extend) or he won't trade him. The only way he's traded for less than full value is if the Jackets are out of the playoffs come TDL.

Tell me how I'm gonna be disappointed on the return or when he walks but this is how majority of Jackets fans feel. We're getting pretty f***ing tired of hearing

"well it's better than him walking for nothing!"

Reactions: Viqsi and Fro

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Fair enough, I'll accept that for Huberdeau but hopefully CBJ fans will call Panarin a 70pt winger instead of a PPG winger since he's done it once. I think both players can replicate their numbers this year though
Except the fact that he actually hit 82 pts, so it's fair to call him an 80 pt winger(77, 74 the years before), Huberdeau never actually reached 70 pts. So he can't be called a 70 pt winger with a career high of 59 pts previously

Reactions: Fro

Buf fan in Nash

Jul 18, 2018
Nashville, TN
Ofcourse if an extension would be talked through Florida would offer more. Something like:

Florida:

-Panarin (extended 5-8yrs 7-8M/)

Columbus:

-Bjugstad
-Tippett
-2019 1st
-2019 2nd

I could see this happening but there is no chance that Panarin signs a long term deal below $8m. It will be more in the $8m-$10m range.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

Let's compare that to the Kane return.
Kane got a 1st, 4th and B prospect. At the deadline.

Since we're doing this for the season, the price goes up.

Now wait, did I see panarin is good for nearly 30 more points than Kane several posts above this? I did.

The price goes up.

Florida having an increased chance to sign him based on [insert potentially made up reason here].

The price goes up.

Pretty simple. Panarin is a premier wing in the game. While he is in his mid 20s already, he is expected to last longer since he doesn't have as many miles on him from playing in the league at an early age, so his durability should be longer. If you'd like to put together a real proposal that benefits both teams and accounts for comparables, feel free.

Cats fans? The guy who proposed this isn’t a Cats fan.

Ok. Let’s compare that to the Forsberg-Erat trade.

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Panarin for a year? Seriously doubt any team is willing to give up decent assets for that! And yeah its very different considering the difference in player value! You will be disappointed!

You.. and others.. should read my post earlier in this thread. So you stop making bad posts.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Expiring contract with no intention of re-signing with Columbus. Hurts his value....a tad.

Or you can let him walk for free.

Your move.
He's never said he has no intention, he said he doesn't know what he wants yet. To which Jarmo replied if that's the case don't be surprised if we trade you if a good enough deal comes our way.

Columbus is looking like a perennial playoff team if not more with Panarin. His realistic options long term with other teams are limited and most of them arguably aren't any better off then Columbus on the ice. Most contenders are up against the cap, Columbus is one of the few teams who is a borderline perennial playoff teams that has the cap space to lock him up long term at pretty much whatever price point he wants.

Reactions: Viqsi and Fro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad