Proposal: Columbus - Florida

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
However, 6 or 8 teams that would fit the narrative out there, are not going to sit back and hope to get him as a FA, there will be some sort of bidding war...and CBJ fans have established that if Florida wants him, the cost starts with Huberdeau...the trade as of now is not trading him as a rental, its trading him to a team that believes they will sign him for 8 years...and 80 pt wingers who are defensively responsible do not come cheap...end of this mess

Nope. It’s not Huberdeau. He’s got one year remaining. That doesn’t bring in a guy who’s signed to a terrific deal. A first and a blue chip prospect is a great return for a guy you’re going to possibly lose for nothing.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Nope. It’s not Huberdeau. He’s got one year remaining. That doesn’t bring in a guy who’s signed to a terrific deal. A first and a blue chip prospect is a great return for a guy you’re going to possibly lose for nothing.

That narrative is old and wrong..you want him, that's the price..feel free to walk away

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
However, 6 or 8 teams that would fit the narrative out there, are not going to sit back and hope to get him as a FA, there will be some sort of bidding war...and CBJ fans have established that if Florida wants him, the cost starts with Huberdeau...the trade as of now is not trading him as a rental, its trading him to a team that believes they will sign him for 8 years...and 80 pt wingers who are defensively responsible do not come cheap...end of this mess
Huberdeau?
The 70 point player in his own right who is even better defensively, younger, and signed to a steal of a long term contract?
That Huberdeau?

HAHAHAH its going to be a sad day in Columbus the day Panarin is traded, if thats what you're expecting in return.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Huberdeau?
The 70 point player in his own right who is even better defensively, younger, and signed to a steal of a long term contract?
That Huberdeau?

HAHAHAH its going to be a sad day in Columbus the day Panarin is traded, if thats what you're expecting in return.

I was referring to the one that's never hit 70 points, are there two?

Jonathan Huberdeau Stats and News

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
3 teams for EK65 vs rumored 6-8 for panarin...

No meddling owner to force another team to take a terrible Bobby ryan contract with panarin

Should we keep going on how its different or is that enough?
Panarin for a year? Seriously doubt any team is willing to give up decent assets for that! And yeah its very different considering the difference in player value! You will be disappointed!

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Ofcourse if an extension would be talked through Florida would offer more. Something like:

Florida:

-Panarin (extended 5-8yrs 7-8M/)

Columbus:

-Bjugstad
-Tippett
-2019 1st
-2019 2nd

you arent getting that for a pending UFA.
giving florida the chance to negotiate before a trade is done doesn't double the price.

also lol if you think panarin is taking anything close to 5 years or 7 mil.

Panarin (?) 27g/82pts
Kane (7x7) 36g/55pts
JVR (7x7) 29g/54pts

if anyone low balls panarin, he is gonna test the market. he wont get a 13mil offer like JT did, but there will be teams offering 10 to get a 30g/ppg winger at no cost aside from cap space

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I was referring to the one that's never hit 70 points, are there two?

Jonathan Huberdeau Stats and News
Sure. Be petty and mule over 1 point. Doesn't matter.

Fact is, 69 point Huberdeau would never be traded for Panarin.
Even last year (where he had more value as having 2 years on his contract, and didn't seem like a threat to leave UFA), he only fetched a guy who, at his peak, was a 50 point winger. And now he is supposed to fetch Huberdeau? Can you give me any reason other than "I'm a CBJ fan and I say so"

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
If the Panthers management were serious about extending Panarin, which would cost $8-9 million per probably, then I would offer Borgstrom + 1st. They would then have to move Bjugstad eventually, as a package, to get some D help, but for next season, the top nine wouldnt look all that bad:

Panarin - Barkov - Dadonov
Huberdeau - Trocheck - Hoffman
Vatrano - McCann - Bjugstad

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I think the best case scenario for Columbus would be getting a player like Connor or Debrincat back in return with an add. Obviously Debrincat makes the most sense just with the history in Chicago for Panarin and the recent subtraction of Hossas salary. Would still need to jettison off a contract of a dman long term and get a young goalie to take over for Crawford here in a couple years as well as find some cheap young D.

I can’t imagine what the cost of getting rid of Seabrook would be.

I know this is far-fetched but would something around Debrincat and Wise and a first for Panarin and G. Carlsson work?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
If the Panthers management were serious about extending Panarin, which would cost $8-9 million per probably, then I would offer Borgstrom + 1st. They would then have to move Bjugstad eventually, as a package, to get some D help, but for next season, the top nine wouldnt look all that bad:

Panarin - Barkov - Dadonov
Huberdeau - Trocheck - Hoffman
Vatrano - McCann - Bjugstad

Ideally I would try to keep Borgström. I`d rather offer Tippett, a 1st and some other pieces. Borgström could actually turn out to be a good 1-2c in a few years. Of course I expect Jarmo to try to get the best prospects he can for Panarin, but I`d have to think twice before offering him.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
That narrative is old and wrong..you want him, that's the price..feel free to walk away

Lmao, sure sure. Be prepared to be mad if/when he’s moved. There’s clearly no negotiating with you when you’re being petty about 1 point with Hubs...who isn’t the price for Panarin.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
3 teams for EK65 vs rumored 6-8 for panarin...

No meddling owner to force another team to take a terrible Bobby ryan contract with panarin

Should we keep going on how its different or is that enough?

Karlsson is the best D-man in the league.

Panarin can get great value for Columbus but again with him like some of the others if teams think he's walking they won't overpay for him.

Reactions: Laus723

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Easy no thanks, we go elsewhere...its that rasy...

You want the player, over multiple threads the price has been set, dont like it, walk away

If only everything was that rasy.

"the price has been set"? Can you post a link to where your GM said this? Thanks

Reactions: Laus723

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Ideally I would try to keep Borgström. I`d rather offer Tippett, a 1st and some other pieces. Borgström could actually turn out to be a good 1-2c in a few years. Of course I expect Jarmo to try to get the best prospects he can for Panarin, but I`d have to think twice before offering him.

Yeah, but that top six would be one of the best in the league, if not the best. They would still have Tippett, Vatrano, Malgin, etc. to play on the 3rd line with a center (McCann) who could be a very good two-way #3 for the Panthers.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Easy no thanks, we go elsewhere...its that rasy...

You want the player, over multiple threads the price has been set, dont like it, walk away
there is 0.0 chance the blue jackets can do better then Huberdeau.

You have delusions of grandeur when it comes to a potential return for Panarin

Reactions: Pia8988

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
So cats fans would have jackets fans believe that a late first (adding panarin will do that) and your not top prospect is fair value?

Let's compare that to the Kane return.
Kane got a 1st, 4th and B prospect. At the deadline.

Since we're doing this for the season, the price goes up.

Now wait, did I see panarin is good for nearly 30 more points than Kane several posts above this? I did.

The price goes up.

Florida having an increased chance to sign him based on [insert potentially made up reason here].

The price goes up.

Pretty simple. Panarin is a premier wing in the game. While he is in his mid 20s already, he is expected to last longer since he doesn't have as many miles on him from playing in the league at an early age, so his durability should be longer. If you'd like to put together a real proposal that benefits both teams and accounts for comparables, feel free.

Reactions: Viqsi and CBJFan827

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad