Proposal: Columbus - Florida

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Florida get:

-Panarin

Columbus get:

-Tippet
-1st 2019

Columbus get a very promising prospect in Tippett and a 1st for 1yr of Panarin. Florida reunites Dadonov and Panarin, the SKA duo. Centered by Barkov this could be a very good line. Panarin also has a house in Florida and playing on a line with barkov and Dadonov could be lethal.

Dadonov-Barkov-Panarin
Hoffman-Trocheck-Huberdeau

Thats a damn good Top-6...

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Come stronger...there are allegedly 5 teams or more in the mix to get him so they can try to sign him for 8 vs 7 yrs...

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Come stronger...there are allegedly 5 teams or more in the mix to get him so they can try to sign him for 8 vs 7 yrs...

Ofcourse if an extension would be talked through Florida would offer more. Something like:

Florida:

-Panarin (extended 5-8yrs 7-8M/)

Columbus:

-Bjugstad
-Tippett
-2019 1st
-2019 2nd

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
If there is an extension than its huberdeau ++

Theres been threads in this...its an 80 pt elite winger...

...who doesnt wanna sign in Columbus. When other teams know that, they wont get the max for him.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Stop, no...go read through all the other threads...that doesn't bear into it...there are many teams involved, you want him, you pay...

Reactions: CPTN71

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
...who doesnt wanna sign in Columbus. When other teams know that, they wont get the max for him.
Your quantity for quality offer sucks.

Drop the picks, tippett, and offer someone better than Bjugstad.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Here we go again.

Panarin for 1 year is way more valuable than moving Panarin for a 1 year of Panarin return. It’s truly that simple.

The jackets will get a great return for him or they will get a great year from him again.

1 great year from him and no assets? I`d imagine they get less from him at the deadline than moving him now. A player who wants out always fetch less. I`m not saying he`s gonna be cheap, but Columbus wont get the same value, that Panarin would bring if he was signed longterm.
I expect that Jarmo would like something along this:

-Huberdeau
-Borgström

This would be too much for Florid. Huby is signed for 5,9M longterm and Borgström is a C. A very promising one too. If Panarin wants to goto Florida they can always wait a year. I`d imagine Dadonov knows what Panarin wants since they are friends and if so, Florida will know it too...

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
First off, players who want out don't really fetch less. That's a common misconception.

Second, as wahsnairb said Columbus is perfectly fine staring down the barrel and risking losing Panarin at the end of next year.

It's up to other teams to convince Columbus to move Panarin. They aren't going to move him just to get something.

Reactions: CBJFan827

BacketsJacker

Jul 8, 2018
USA

Teams in rumored areas:

NYR
NYI
San Jose
LA
Anaheim
Florida
Tampa

It's not like there won't be any bidding. Many of those teams would be interested.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Florida get:

-Panarin

Columbus get:

-Tippet
-1st 2019

Columbus get a very promising prospect in Tippett and a 1st for 1yr of Panarin. Florida reunites Dadonov and Panarin, the SKA duo. Centered by Barkov this could be a very good line. Panarin also has a house in Florida and playing on a line with barkov and Dadonov could be lethal.

Dadonov-Barkov-Panarin
Hoffman-Trocheck-Huberdeau

Thats a damn good Top-6...
That's more like a last ditch deadline deal, not a real one for Panarin. Think bigger

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
1 great year from him and no assets? I`d imagine they get less from him at the deadline than moving him now. A player who wants out always fetch less. I`m not saying he`s gonna be cheap, but Columbus wont get the same value, that Panarin would bring if he was signed longterm.
I expect that Jarmo would like something along this:

-Huberdeau
-Borgström

This would be too much for Florid. Huby is signed for 5,9M longterm and Borgström is a C. A very promising one too. If Panarin wants to goto Florida they can always wait a year. I`d imagine Dadonov knows what Panarin wants since they are friends and if so, Florida will know it too...
The original proposal is what the bolded is. I remember some guy from Colorado that wanted out and that return seemed pretty good (not including the 1st that likely turns into a top 5 pick next year)

Reactions: CPTN71

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Florida should just get him as a UFA, if they have a good season they gotta be a frontrunner

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
If there is an extension than its huberdeau ++

Theres been threads in this...its an 80 pt elite winger...
There won’t be an extension, and therefore Huberdeau won’t be going.

A first and Tippett/Borgstrom is a good return for a guy with one year left.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
There won’t be an extension, and therefore Huberdeau won’t be going.

A first and Tippett/Borgstrom is a good return for a guy with one year left.

It's a weak offer...period...at least you added Borgstrom...but Jarmo does well at hockey trades, it will be a better return than that

SufferingCatFan

Apr 6, 2008
fort lauderdale
Unfortunately, unlike Tampa, Florida is not one player away from winning the cup. Having just acquired Hoffman, Panarin is simply a luxury that we cannot afford given the value placed upon Panarin as a one-year rental by Blue Jacket fans. The Panthers are much better off developing our prospects and keeping our 1st rounder. The Jackets too are better off, since trading Panarin for picks and prospects likely lessens their playoff chances.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
If he's a Panther, it's in free agency. I think he will start a bidding war for his services as a UFA even if CBJ trades him this year. Don't see him signing extension this year.
He puts up another 80pts and some team will offer up $9million a year for him long term.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Borgstrom + 1st is infinitely preferred to Tippett + 1st. I doubt that would be the best offer we get, but at this point, I, like all the other CBJ fans, are already tired of this.

If the value returned doesn't outweigh the value we'd get from a full year of Panarin, he doesn't get traded.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think this is a fair offer from Florida. I really can’t see Colombus getting anymore.

He’s a rental who has made it publicly known he’s likely going UFA unless it’s one of a few select teams (Florida being one)

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I think this is a fair offer from Florida. I really can’t see Colombus getting anymore.

He’s a rental who has made it publicly known he’s likely going UFA unless it’s one of a few select teams (Florida being one)

However, 6 or 8 teams that would fit the narrative out there, are not going to sit back and hope to get him as a FA, there will be some sort of bidding war...and CBJ fans have established that if Florida wants him, the cost starts with Huberdeau...the trade as of now is not trading him as a rental, its trading him to a team that believes they will sign him for 8 years...and 80 pt wingers who are defensively responsible do not come cheap...end of this mess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->