GDT: Columbus at Boston Feb 22: The "can the Placeholder Edition go 3 for 3" edition

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I think you mean Mase, because that's the exact same thing people said about him, because it was true. If anyone thinks Bob is like Mase they are crazy.

Also, I don't think anyone was criticizing him. You korpi defenders are super sensitive. As good as korpi has been, Bob is still better. I'd like to see Bob play behind the same D Korpi has.

I'm no korpi defender , but give jacket fans the choice right now , who they would want in goal if we had to win one game , my bet would be most say Korpi

vertigo1061

Jan 10, 2016
I'm no korpi defender , but give jacket fans the choice right now , who they would want in goal if we had to win one game , my bet would be most say Korpi

Healthy Bob any day. Korpisalo has been mostly steady, but he lets in some very soft goals too often. I think the wins lately have more to do with defensive depth and play than goaltending, but he's been much better than Curtis or Anton.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus

And that's completely understandable. Bob SUCKED at the start of the year and is perennially hurt.
I think people forget how well Bob played before getting hurt. The first time...:shakehead

I think having both the guys healthy and available would be a great thing to see.

I'd take Bob for the record. For now.

We Want Ten

Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
This game is the opposite of Dr. Fire's take on the last oen. Its one we should lose, possibly convincingly, so look for the Jackets to at least keep it close and maybe steal 2 points.

This is a critical stretch for draft position. 9 of the next 11 are easily losses and the 2 "easy" wins will probably go the other way. These 11 games will tell alot. Jackets will go 8-2-1 to sew up the 10th spot. :laugh:

Well there ya go lol.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
3 random thoughts from the game:

1.) The Jackets faceoff woes continue ... Won just 36 percent of the draws. Alex Wennberg won just 7 (!) Percent of the draws he took... Yikes. 1 for 14!

2.) Rychel played just 4:54... Was also a -2 tonight. Ouch.

3.) Dalton Prout scored just his 5th goal in his 188 game career. Meaning: Prout has scored in just 2 percent of the games he's played in.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
And that's completely understandable. Bob SUCKED at the start of the year and is perennially hurt.
I think people forget how well Bob played before getting hurt. The first time...:shakehead

I think having both the guys healthy and available would be a great thing to see.

I'd take Bob for the record. For now.

Over his last 88 games Bob has a 2.67 GAA and a .915 save %. Korpi's stats aren't much different. Before tonight he was 2.62 and .920. Granted its only 20 games but recent Bob has not been better than Korpi. Bob has played much better- if he returns to that form and earns his 7.4 mill great but until he does I refuse to believe he is any better than Korpi.

And I agree Korpi as killed the tank.

Dednimnepo

Winning is the Fun
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus
3 random thoughts from the game:

1.) The Jackets faceoff woes continue ... Won just 36 percent of the draws. Alex Wennberg won just 7 (!) Percent of the draws he took... Yikes.

2.) Rychel played just 4:54... Was also a -2 tonight. Ouch.

3.) Dalton Prout scored just his 5th goal in his 188 game career. Meaning: Prout has scored in just 2 percent of the games he's played in.

Interesting. Thank you.

I really haven't noticed Rychel do anything special since being called up.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Been listening to Bruins feed the whole time. Personally I like them. Give a lot of tips and have knowledge of the game I like hearing that stuff
Seriously?

I like Jack Edwards' voice but every time a Bruin goes down they were "tripped up" or "hauled down" and every time an opponent goes down they "lost an edge". Its really quite shameful to listen to.

With Brickman, he is the biggest freakin' whiner and crybaby. Always complains about the refs calling penalties on the Bruins while letting the opponents infractions slide.

I think I have listened to almost every pairing in the league and Edwards and Brickman are one of the most painful to listen to and probably the biggest homers. Its an insult to a fanbase's intelligence. Having NHL Sunday Ticket I often listen to the opposing feed...sadly living in New England I am forced to listen to the Bruins feed playing Columbus because the CBJ is blacked out. They are one of the pairings I loathe the most.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Torts has got to play rychel higher or he's got to go back to Cleveland

You might be right...Rychel might ***** about a reassignment but playing with Bourque and Campbell is a killer! Its so late in the season they have so little money to lose they might as well waive Bourque now and bring Andy up. Maybe if Bourque isn't moved by the deadline (doubt they can move him) they drop his sorry ass. Rychs and Andy had good chemistry!

Edit: wait...I can't say ***** but I can say ass? That makes no sense!

We Want Ten

Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Over his last 88 games Bob has a 2.67 GAA and a .915 save %. Korpi's stats aren't much different. Before tonight he was 2.62 and .920. Granted its only 20 games but recent Bob has not been better than Korpi. Bob has played much better- if he returns to that form and earns his 7.4 mill great but until he does I refuse to believe he is any better than Korpi.

And I agree Korpi as killed the tank.

Bob put up a .921 with Torts, I'd love to see him with Jones.

My thoughts on Korpisalo is lets see how he does once teams see him a few times. Mase started out gangbusters as well untill teams figured him out (and he gave up).

Interesting tidbit though, Korpisalo makes exactly 1/10th what Bob makes...

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
Seriously?

I like Jack Edwards' voice but every time a Bruin goes down they were "tripped up" or "hauled down" and every time an opponent goes down they "lost an edge". Its really quite shameful to listen to.

With Brickman, he is the biggest freakin' whiner and crybaby. Always complains about the refs calling penalties on the Bruins while letting the opponents infractions slide.

I think I have listened to almost every pairing in the league and Edwards and Brickman are one of the most painful to listen to and probably the biggest homers. Its an insult to a fanbase's intelligence. Having NHL Sunday Ticket I often listen to the opposing feed...sadly living in New England I am forced to listen to the Bruins feed playing Columbus because the CBJ is blacked out. They are one of the pairings I loathe the most.

Have you listened to Jeff Rimmer before? You just summed him up about as perfect as Ive ever heard! I dont like Edwards for the record but Rimmer is one of, if not THE biggest homer PBP guy in the NHL.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Have you listened to Jeff Rimmer before? You just summed him up about as perfect as Ive ever heard! I dont like Edwards for the record but Rimmer is one of, if not THE biggest homer PBP guy in the NHL.

I was coming back on here to apologize, I didn't mean to come across so harsh or make it personal. Edwards and Brickman just get me all worked up because I am surrounded by Bruins fans here and they all drink in their biased announcing and its a joke. It still sticks out in my head with Brickman saying (and I paraphrase) 'I just wish all the refs were required to play the game before becoming refs because they have no idea what is or isn't a penalty'. This rant of course came after what was a clear penalty on a Bruin but he didn't agree...or didn't want to agree.

I agree Rimer is a homer...it is one of the reasons I often listen to the other team's announcers. Its a shame because I actually think Shelley does a decent job (better between the benches than in the booth).

I assume this topic has been discussed before. Don't care for the Wings announcers either. I do think the Rangers, Caps, Blues and Ducks are some of my favorite pairings to listen to.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad