GDT: Columbus at Boston Feb 22: The "can the Placeholder Edition go 3 for 3" edition

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
He let in a controversial one and had a deflection. Not sure how that puts black marks on his record.

He's regularly letting in one or more bad goals per game. I think he can be a very good goalie but he needs more development before he is handed the keys.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Karlsson was completely unproven before this season. And still somewhat is. He has a lot of potentially grow, or he may never grow.

Murrrray!!!

This is all true, but it really brings back the Letestu stuff which I won't go into. IMO he has proven he has what it takes to be a bottom 6 C in the NHL. Needs FO work, but so do a lot of other players on this team.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Could it be that we don't trade Hartnell because with a top 3 pick Jarmo thinks we will contend? And if we don't get a top 3 pick, then we trade Hartsy next deadline with less years on contract?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Could it be that we don't trade Hartnell because with a top 3 pick Jarmo thinks we will contend? And if we don't get a top 3 pick, then we trade Hartsy next deadline with less years on contract?

Very possible IMO

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Did i hear them say in pre-game the Bruins have not beat a playoff team in 2 months....that's hard to believe if so

edit....maybe they said 1 win in 2 months

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
He's regularly letting in one or more bad goals per game. I think he can be a very good goalie but he needs more development before he is handed the keys.

Tell me which one was the bad one tonight? He was "interfered" with and a deflection. I don't see either as a bad goal.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Very possible IMO

The more I think about it I feel like it's very likely.
Hartnell Wennberg Saad ...........Saad Wennberg Laine/Pulij
Calvert Dubinsky Atkinson.........Jenner Dubinsky Atkinson
Foligno Matthews Jenner............Hartnell Karlsson Foligno
Rychel Karlsson Anderson......... Calvert Chaput Rychel

Make a cheap bottom 6 ufa signing if you don't want the young guns in not a bad forward core

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Did i hear them say in pre-game the Bruins have not beat a playoff team in 2 months....that's hard to believe if so

edit....maybe they said 1 win in 2 months

No I think you heard it right. Haven't beaten a playoff team in two months per Rimer.

But as usual Rimer isn't quite right. They just beat Dallas. Before that though it was 12/18 against Pittsburgh.

It looks to me like they have only 7 wins against playoff teams all year. And 2 of those were against the Penguins early when I think the Pens were not a playoff team or at least just a borderline one like they are now.

Maybe they really aren't very good.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jack can be mad all he wants but he's the one wh shoved him into Korpisalo

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I know it was redirected, but I think that qualifies.

You're a tough critic. Most analysts and coaches would say " he didn't have a chance there".

Yeah, he could have made a great save but not doing so doesn't make him any worse imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad