GDT: Columbus at Boston Feb 22: The "can the Placeholder Edition go 3 for 3" edition

JrussJacket

May 26, 2004
Twitter @jrusscbj
I was coming back on here to apologize, I didn't mean to come across so harsh or make it personal. Edwards and Brickman just get me all worked up because I am surrounded by Bruins fans here and they all drink in their biased announcing and its a joke. It still sticks out in my head with Brickman saying (and I paraphrase) 'I just wish all the refs were required to play the game before becoming refs because they have no idea what is or isn't a penalty'. This rant of course came after what was a clear penalty on a Bruin but he didn't agree...or didn't want to agree.

I agree Rimer is a homer...it is one of the reasons I often listen to the other team's announcers. Its a shame because I actually think Shelley does a decent job (better between the benches than in the booth).

I assume this topic has been discussed before. Don't care for the Wings announcers either. I do think the Rangers, Caps, Blues and Ducks are some of my favorite pairings to listen to.

No reason to apologize my friend! :)

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
What'd I miss? I cancelled GCL so I can only watch the home games. What did Marchand do?
He knocked the puck down with a high stick at the blue line so they blew the whistle. He felt that it wasn't a high stick which prevented him from a good scoring chance if play continued. Out of anger, he took a wrist shot against the glass. Probably said some stuff as well. Ended up with a 10 minute(maybe game) misconduct.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Three GDT made by EspenK. 3-0-0
100% result. The main point - he is against our tanking. Me, by the way, too.
Still can't understand call on Marchand, now give a misconduct for high sticking in offensive zone to end of the game?

Edit: per Portzline " #Bruins Marchand is getting boxed for unsportsmanlike. Didn;t like offside call by Chris Rooney, fired puck into corner. 4:16
to play."

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Great quote from Torts post game regarding the coaches challenge

"It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get"

Next he'll have the players running cross country and playing ping pong for their fitness routine.

100% result. The main point - he is against our tanking.

I was coming in to post this very thing.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
100% result. The main point - he is against our tanking. Me, by the way, too.
Still can't understand call on Marchand, now give a misconduct for high sticking in offensive zone to end of the game?

Edit: per Portzline " #Bruins Marchand is getting boxed for unsportsmanlike. Didn;t like offside call by Chris Rooney, fired puck into corner. 4:16
to play."

:amazed: to the bolded. Maybe I'll stop.:laugh:

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I still need to see where this Korpi thing is going. Last two games he has given up eight goals, and we only win one of those games with a rare scoring outburst.

For the teams sake, a nice win. For our drafts sake a horrible win.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I still need to see where this Korpi thing is going. Last two games he has given up eight goals, and we only win one of those games with a rare scoring outburst.

For the teams sake, a nice win. For our drafts sake a horrible win.

I am also taking a wait and see approach with him and its hard to excuse Buffalo...or Edmonton for that matter. However, Boston is the #3 scoring team in the league.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I feel like Hartnell is morphing into a similar player as Brett Hull when Hull started aging. I find this interesting because Hull was able to be effective for years after he could no longer skate to keep up. It has to do with the way Hull used to and Hartnell has been creating space to play the puck in the offensive end.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Great win, after that 4-0 debacle with the Sabres.

I mentioned this before, in another thread, but if this game was played earlier in the season they probably would have lost.
They used to get down after being scored on, especially so quickly after they scored - but this game, they kept on playing strong and held the Bruins off.

Hope they can keep this momentum up vs the Red Wings tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad