Colton Orr

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Orr is useful against teams with Goons as well.

But Both him AND Mclaren should never be dressed at the same time.

You want a 4th line that can actually make SOME kind of difference on the ice. That's why I'd prefer a Bodie-Mcclement-D'amigo 4th line most nights, that kind of line can actually score the odd time.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
Orr is useful against teams with Goons as well.

But Both him AND Mclaren should never be dressed at the same time.

You want a 4th line that can actually make SOME kind of difference on the ice. That's why I'd prefer a Bodie-Mcclement-D'amigo 4th line most nights, that kind of line can actually score the odd time.
Bodie is essentially useless. He's not skilled enough to do anything and he's not tough enough to be considered toughness.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Orr knows he has to make an impact in the last 30 games or so, he knows the Leafs might go with Devane and Broll next season.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
Bodie is essentially useless. He's not skilled enough to do anything and he's not tough enough to be considered toughness.

Bodie is better than orr in every facet... and yes that includes fighting this year... Orr has never been the same ever since that parros fight in terms of fighting

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Rather have this 4th line: Bodie McClement Ashton who can actually play 10-12min a night.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Rather have this 4th line: Bodie McClement Ashton who can actually play 10-12min a night.

I honestly would have Orr in for one position. I really don't mind him not doing much scoring. I see a lot of value in guys like Orr. I can see how a lot of people will think he is useless out there though.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
Bodie is better than orr in every facet... and yes that includes fighting this year... Orr has never been the same ever since that parros fight in terms of fighting

Bodie has gotten destroyed in every single fight he's been in.. he's a terrible fighter considering how big he is.

Bodie is a better north south skater, but he still isn't a good skater, he doesn't have any hands to speak of, he doesn't have a shot... just because these things may be better than Orr doesn't mean a thing. If they're playing, they aren't there for their skill.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012

So why does Bodie have 4 points in 18 games and Orr 0 in 40? Orr served a purpose on last years squad but we're not team anymore.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
I honestly would have Orr in for one position. I really don't mind him not doing much scoring. I see a lot of value in guys like Orr. I can see how a lot of people will think he is useless out there though.

Bodie and Ashton (or D'Amigo) have enough speed to get a proper forecheck going. Orr doesn't.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Bodie and Ashton (or D'Amigo) have enough speed to get a proper forecheck going. Orr doesn't.

For a leaf team that other teams try to troll even after winning 7-1, I really am not too worried about the fourth line getting a proper forecheck going.

That's just me though.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
So why does Bodie have 4 points in 18 games and Orr 0 in 40? Orr served a purpose on last years squad but we're not team anymore.
How exactly are we "not that team" with Bolland + Clarkson in and Grabo + MacArthur out?

The fact that Bodie happened to put in a very soft goal in front doesn't change anything. The fact remains Troy Bodie is there for toughness.... and he's not tough. Colton Orr is there for toughness and he's one of the toughest players in the league.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
How exactly are we "not that team" with Bolland + Clarkson in and Grabo + MacArthur out?

The fact that Bodie happened to put in a very soft goal in front doesn't change anything. The fact remains Troy Bodie is there for toughness.... and he's not tough. Colton Orr is there for toughness and he's one of the toughest players in the league.

He's there for speed, hitting and keeping the puck in the offensive zone.

Yet another goal tonight.

Milan90

Jul 8, 2009
Etobicoke, Ontario
Orr is having a decent fourth line game tonight.

It's not that Orr isn't the same; you see him constantly chirping on the faceoff, you saw him drop the gloves with Roussel and Roussel wanted nothing to do with it.

Guys really just don't want to fight him. He's been the NHL's premier heavyweight for a number of years during his career and isn't very fun to face based on his reckless, attacking style of fighting.

Milan90

Jul 8, 2009
Etobicoke, Ontario

Bodie absolutely is tough. I can't see how you'd question that.

Simcoe23

Feb 2, 2011

If we go by hockeyfights.com voting Orr has won 1 of 6 fights this year and hes looked very pedestrian plying his trade this season. He brings basically nothing else to the game. When Mc laren is healthy he will take over the role when we need that person in the line up.

Bodie scored a nice goal tonight btw.

Milan90

Jul 8, 2009
Etobicoke, Ontario
If we go by hockeyfights.com voting Orr has won 1 of 6 fights this year and hes looked very pedestrian plying his trade this season. He brings basically nothing else to the game. When Mc laren is healthy he will take over the role when we need that person in the line up.

Bodie scored a nice goal tonight btw.

More fights than not end in draws, generally.

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
He's there for speed, hitting and keeping the puck in the offensive zone.

Yet another goal tonight.

LOL you make it sound like we have a top line sniper here. Kessel with yet another goal, JVR with yet another goal, Bodie with.... yet another goal(?)

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
LOL you make it sound like we have a top line sniper here.

Compared to Orr anyone is. Point being, Bodie & Ashton contribute something to the lineup. Orr & McLaren don't.

Ashton, Bodie, and D'Amigo should be on the team. Rotated on the 3rd or 4th lines depending on who the opponent is. Ship Orr, McLaren, Fraser, and Ranger to anywhere else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad