GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blouse | 7PM MT | Stupid low-effort GDT

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Say what you will about Johansson, but he stopped all 10 shots he faced in the 3rd period in a one-goal game. Those are pressure saves.

His rebound control is better than what they had with Miska. He was able to get in front of some pucks coming through traffic in the final minutes too.

I don’t think he’s going to be a long term backup, but if he can do this one, or two more times it will be a worthwhile trade for Sakic.

Yeah, he didn't cost anything really, so as long as we get a true 2G, it seems like a decent move. I still think they could have done better earlier this season as far as pick ups based on what a few of our more astute posters have said.

If he improves on the last period, or stays the same, I'd feel somewhat decent with him as 3G.

Kadri really sucked balls at the end. He's lazy as hell at times.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Say what you will about Johansson, but he stopped all 10 shots he faced in the 3rd period in a one-goal game. Those are pressure saves.

His rebound control is better than what they had with Miska. He was able to get in front of some pucks coming through traffic in the final minutes too.

I don’t think he’s going to be a long term backup, but if he can do this one, or two more times it will be a worthwhile trade for Sakic.
He looked perfectly fine today. 25 out of 27 saves, all saves in the 3rd. Did what backups need to do, give up one less goal than the other guy.

He deserves more chances moving forward based on tonights performance.

Garavar

Nov 27, 2016
Anyone else worried Mack didn't come out for first star? Went for some treatment maybe?

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
Give it time. Our pro scouts have been among the best. Like many of the buy low acquisitions before, maybe he can build his confidence and flourish?

I feel obligated to note that this might partly be a case of “timing is everything in life.” If Miska had seen more time when the defense was mostly healthy, maybe it might have helped him significantly? As it is, now his confidence is shot.

On the other hand, it might also be because of inactivity so who knows?

Yeah, I'm not quite sure as far as how Miska would have done tonight, but the poor kid needs a reset.
I don't wish anything but the best for him and would love it if he manages to rebuild his confidence again.

I think both goalies have similar weaknesses.

Reactions: Gabe MacAntanen

MoreLikeTurdCrapley

Jun 30, 2019
Lauren is gorgeous. But she doesn’t get nearly enough credit as a reporter. She’s the only one, where when I hear her voice, I don’t cringe. Chambers is a big mixed bag. Dater struggles to structure his questions. Lauren’s questions are fair and un-clumsy.
Very true except the mixed bag diagnosis for chambers. He is awful. Worst of the bunch. Clearly doesn't follow the game, or even the current press conference he’s attending, as he constantly asks questions that were just answered.

Lauren is always prepared, always polite, and ALWAYS gorgeous.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Very true except the mixed bag diagnosis for chambers. He is awful. Worst of the bunch. Clearly doesn't follow the game, or even the current press conference he’s attending, as he constantly asks questions that were just answered.

Lauren is always prepared, always polite, and ALWAYS gorgeous.

Chambers phone was loud as hell in the background during the post game presser too. Sounded like he was calling in from the bar.

Reactions: MoreLikeTurdCrapley

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Five minutes left and down a goal. A brisk gust of air would've gotten the Avs a penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00