Finland
NjkNDlR.jpg

*Lineups unconfirmed.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Said I had a bad feeling about last game and the one before. Still have a bad feeling. I hope the Dong comes ready to play.

Reactions: wayninja

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Really need to win whichever game they play Grubauer, because there's no chance in hell we're winning the game they put Johansson in.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
That lineup is not nearly as bad as their record but that defense is brutal and their goaltender is awful. Hoping for another soaking where Binnington gets chased. Would be awesome for him to have been pulled as many times in his career against Colorado as times he’s beaten them.

Reactions: sethro109

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
That lineup is not nearly as bad as their record but that defense is brutal and their goaltender is awful. Hoping for another soaking where Binnington gets chased. Would be awesome for him to have been pulled as many times in his career against Colorado as times he’s beaten them.

Binnington is a mini Dubnyk as far as how they rage when things aren't going their way. If I were a player, that'd be extra motivation.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If Bednar is planning on giving JJ a start in one of this games against the Blues, it should be tonight. Avs usually do better and score more goals in 1st games of back to backs

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Binnington is a mini Dubnyk as far as how they rage when things aren't going their way. If I were a player, that'd be extra motivation.
Yup. The big difference though is Dubnyk is a bit strong dude and would actually be willing to back it up (it is hilarious to get him going though). Binnington is this super cocky bad goalie who weighs like 140 pounds soaking wet and acts like a tough guy. There’s few less likable guys in the league.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Really need to win whichever game they play Grubauer, because there's no chance in hell we're winning the game they put Johansson in.
St. Louis would probably have the edge in net in a backup duel, but Husso (.885 sv%, 3.40 GAA) isn't miles better than Johansson (career .887 sv%, 3.42 GAA).

Ville Husso:

upload_2021-4-2_15-13-15.png

Jonas Johansson:

upload_2021-4-2_15-14-1.png

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
If Bednar is planning on giving JJ a start in one of this games against the Blues, it should be tonight. Avs usually do better and score more goals in 1st games of back to backs
I disagree. Play Grubauer against Binnington (likely the 1st game), and then the backups against each other. That makes the goalie situation relatively equal and gives us a better chance at winning twice than if you play Johansson against Binnington.

Reactions: Mighty Makar

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
The Blues are coming off a 4-day break, so I’d expect them to be pretty energized for this one.

I don’t think the point streak ends quite yet though.

2-1 Avs

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I disagree. Play Grubauer against Binnington (likely the 1st game), and then the backups against each other. That makes the goalie situation relatively equal and gives us a better chance at winning twice than if you play Johansson against Binnington.
That's one way to look at it, another way would be, Avs can lit up Binnington tonight because he hasn't been all that great while JJ in net for the Avs, then have a big advantage in the 2nd game when Grubauer goes against Husso

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The Avs are 1st in the NHL in

- goals against per game
- shot attempts against per game
- shots against per game
- chances against from the slot per game
- rush chances against per game
- chances off the cycle per game
- expected goals against per game

But here’s the best part. If by some miracle you get by all of that and get an opportunity to possibly score against them you have to face Grubauer who leads the league in high danger save percentage.

lol

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I think they have to play JJ at least a few times before the deadline to see if he's really as bad as his debut or if it was nerves. I mean we all know he's terrible but I think they have to see more to make an actual evaluation. I expect it'll be tomorrow and then another next week.

Reactions: MarkT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad