GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blouse | 7PM MT | Stupid low-effort GDT

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
JoJo was OK tonight. Let in one terrible softy but made some good saves after that to keep the lead. One thing I hated was his rebound control, though, it felt like every rebound ended up between the dots. The D did a good job of getting to them first but that bothered me. Those need to go into the netting or into the corner, not into the slot. He's an adventure, but it's still better than Miksa being constantly out of position.
Personally I don't really care about that first goal, the worrying part is more that he looks like he doesn't have a clue where the puck is even when he makes a save (doesn't help for rebound control either). That's why I called him a bigger Miska earlier. I'm not sure it's a confidence issue or is it even fixable?

Either he can't track the puck or he's slow to react. Most of his saves yesterday looked he was just lucky that the puck hit him. A poor man's Koskinen?

Last edited:
Reactions: GirardSpinorama

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Loved the 3rd period from the boys last night. JJ looked shaky but he did the job. He has gotten us 3 pts out of 4 so let's give him a chance to build confidence.

Mack: I know you don't like interviews but that was a bad look not coming out at the end. The fans are just allowed back in. They are paying your salary. The least you can do is come out when you are given one of the star of the game and say a few words. Please don't disrespect the fans.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Loved the 3rd period from the boys last night. JJ looked shaky but he did the job. He has gotten us 3 pts out of 4 so let's give him a chance to build confidence.

Mack: I know you don't like interviews but that was a bad look not coming out at the end. The fans are just allowed back in. They are paying your salary. The least you can do is come out when you are given one of the star of the game and say a few words. Please don't disrespect the fans.

That was a bit odd.

Does anyone know why he didn’t come out for the interview? I assume there’s a reason for it.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Just watched the game on replay. What a fantasic 3rd period, just dominated them and didn't give them anything.

The 1st period might have been this teams worst 1st period in a few weeks, but the PP got the job done. Also a shout out to our PK which was excellent, only conceding on a 4 on 3. Rantanen with two dumb penalties needs to cool off a bit.

upload_2021-4-3_17-58-2.png

Reactions: Avs_19

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Nate always seems so angry during interviews.. actually Mikko kind of does too. Good thing we have captain good guy Gabe always stepping up

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I really dont get Perron's frustration with that call at all. It was so obviously a penalty. He didn't even make an attempt to play the puck he just slid right into Kadri's legs.

He kept whining that he was going for the puck, as if you can throw yourself at a guy’s feet, puck or no puck, and it’s okay. F%#£ that moron, he’s even dumber than I gave him credit for previously.

I do love the fact that he’s visibly frustrated at present. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of guys.

Reactions: Nihiliste

Selzoons

Mar 3, 2018
He kept whining that he was going for the puck, as if you can throw yourself at a guy’s feet, puck or no puck, and it’s okay. F%#£ that moron, he’s even dumber than I gave him credit for previously.

I do love the fact that he’s visibly frustrated at present. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch of guys.
It used to be allowed... in 2014. You'd think he'd know by now.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just watched the game on replay. What a fantasic 3rd period, just dominated them and didn't give them anything.

The 1st period might have been this teams worst 1st period in a few weeks, but the PP got the job done. Also a shout out to our PK which was excellent, only conceding on a 4 on 3. Rantanen with two dumb penalties needs to cool off a bit.

View attachment 416791

They went into the third with a 3-2 lead and played like they were down by a couple. Instead of playing not to lose, they turned it up a notch and tried to finish them. This team is ridiculously good and fun to watch.

I like that Nathan is always angry. I dont know why. I find it hilarious.

His first two questions last night were from Dater and Chambers. Dater asked about Tim Peel and if that has an effect on how penalties are currently being called and then Chambers came in with, "talk about the game overall."

I wouldn't blame him if he just walked out.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
They went into the third with a 3-2 lead and played like they were down by a couple. Instead of playing not to lose, they turned it up a notch and tried to finish them. This team is ridiculously good and fun to watch.

His first two questions last night were from Dater and Chambers. Dater asked about Tim Peel and if that has an effect on how penalties are currently being called and then Chambers came in with, "talk about the game overall."

I wouldn't blame him if he just walked out.
It’s so refreshing after having to watch the last 12 or so seasons where we turtled almost every time we got a lead.

Reactions: Avs_19

Mackinn on your girl

Jan 10, 2020
This was my biggest gripe last season and even at the start of this season. I personally believe that it was a Bednar coaching decision and I talked a lot of trash about Bednar for it. He now has the team playing to win regardless of the score and I now have no problem with Bednar. He has completely changed my view on him. As far as the team goes. I have never had so much fun watching hockey. I love the way this team is assembled and the way that they play.

Selzoons

Mar 3, 2018
In 2014 didn’t you have to touch the puck before tripping the guy? I don’t think he touched the puck.
Yeah, they had to have touched the puck first but players are biased. I'm sure Perron thought he touched the puck or it was close enough that he wouldn't be called for it in the dying minutes of a one goal game back in the day. Either way, he's utterly clueless and that's a clear trip.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Chambers came in with, "talk about the game overall."
Is he not the laziest and most unintelligent media person anyone here has ever known of in the history of modern sports journalism? Please, anyone around here submit another example that even comes close.

I HATE that he still has media credentials. He's a human turd stack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad