GDT: Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blouse | 7PM MT | Stupid low-effort GDT

SD Avs Fan

Jul 1, 2019
I like something one of the Wild announcers said a couple of weeks ago. He said something to the effect that every cross check should be considered a penalty. I could not agree more. There is really no place in the game for it and if someone used a cane on the street and cross checked another person to the ground with it they might be charged with assault. Not only is it dangerous it allows a player to be moved from their position in an illegal method especially those in front of the net. It should be no different than a puck being cleared over the high glass in the defensive zone or a player using their stick to disrupt the hands of the puck handler.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I'm expecting a dog fight with SLB the rest of the way. They're too good to be struggling like this.
When healthy, they should be better than the green filth and Arizona.

We play the Blues 5 more times this season. We can help control who we play in the 1st round if we finish 1st in the division, and it would be huge if we played Arizona over St. Louis. The St. Louis games are some of the most important matches moving forward.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
JoJo was OK tonight. Let in one terrible softy but made some good saves after that to keep the lead. One thing I hated was his rebound control, though, it felt like every rebound ended up between the dots. The D did a good job of getting to them first but that bothered me. Those need to go into the netting or into the corner, not into the slot. He's an adventure, but it's still better than Miksa being constantly out of position.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Rantanen breaks sticks like Jarret Stoll used to. That was also one of the worst "cross-checking" penalties I have ever seen. Shcwartz didnt even break stride. If anything it was a push.

Exactly. How are you gonna call that cross checking late in the third period of a 3-2 game, when he never broke stride, and kept the puck. Especially after you let the other team get away with two much worse cross checks just a few minutes prior.

They try so hard to keep the penalties even so it looks like they're not influencing the game, but then they have no problem making a very questionable call late in a close game. It makes no sense.

The cross checking calls/non calls seem to be the penalties refs struggle with the most. That and tripping. I know these are tough to get right, but their percentage for getting them right is just waaaaaay too low. They have to find a way to be better.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
JoJo was OK tonight. Let in one terrible softy but made some good saves after that to keep the lead. One thing I hated was his rebound control, though, it felt like every rebound ended up between the dots. The D did a good job of getting to them first but that bothered me. Those need to go into the netting or into the corner, not into the slot. He's an adventure, but it's still better than Miksa being constantly out of position.

If he’s steering rebounds into the slot then the Avs are prepared for that. It’s pretty much what Frankie does.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I remember the exact moment I knew this Avalanche squad had the chutzpah to win it all was when we beat the Blues for the playoff spot in 2018. Every other Avs squad for 15 years prior would have choked that game away but this core came through with a win. Today's victory reminds me of that feeling. That is all, thank you for reading my blog.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I remember the exact moment I knew this Avalanche squad had the chutzpah to win it all was when we beat the Blues for the playoff spot in 2018. Every other Avs squad for 15 years prior would have choked that game away but this core came through with a win. Today's victory reminds me of that feeling. That is all, thank you for reading my blog.
I'd like to subscribe to the RSS.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
This is why game management needs to be eradicated @henchman24 consistency is all I ask for.

I get calling penalties. Game management is about a lot more than swallowing whistles or not. Distilling is down to just that misses the point of the why they do it. Misguided or not.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I get calling penalties. Game management is about a lot more than swallowing whistles or not. Distilling is down to just that misses the point of the why they do it. Misguided or not.
Call everything, and you don't have to worry about managing chippy shit....the players will know all that crap in no-go. And the players definitely know how to play clean, they just don't because they don't have to right now. They do as much as they can get away with. If the standard for a call shifts to more closely match the actual rules, then they will adjust. Those players that cannot adjust should not be in the league anyhow.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Call everything, and you don't have to worry about managing chippy shit....the players will know all that crap in no-go. And the players definitely know how to play clean, they just don't because they don't have to right now. They do as much as they can get away with. If the standard for a call shifts to more closely match the actual rules, then they will adjust. Those players that cannot adjust should not be in the league anyhow.
Then players complain about too many penalties and it just being a power play fest ala 05-06.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00