Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
The reaction is over the top, but when the guy responded to "you liked it" with "actually, no. it was uncomfortable" then that should have been the end of it or Dater should have apologized for making the joke in the first place. To reply "man up" when a guy says he was uncomfortable is basically saying "you're a man and should never feel uncomfortable or at least should never tell other people you're uncomfortable.". Basically the phrase "man up" sums up nicely the idea that men should have to bottle up all their emotional pain and never complain about anything, which is a very harmful attitude that needs to change given the crisis that exists in male suicide rates.

Also, based on the standards the western world is going with, if you reverse the genders in the original situation, it sure ask heck is sexual harassment.

So yeah, the reaction to Dater is over the top, but Dater is a public figure of sorts and should know better.

Except I have never head of a 60 year old woman intimidating a man in a situation like that. I would have a reaction like "what the hell", but to post #metoo in that situation is ridiculous. It's actually pretty insulting to people who have actually been sexually assaulted.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If anyone needs help and sympathy in that story it's that 60 yo woman who probably shouldn't be left alone.

Sorry but that guy gets none from me, I've got worse unwanted pat downs by the TSA at the airport.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
If anyone needs help and sympathy in that story it's that 60 yo woman who probably shouldn't be left alone.

Sorry but that guy gets none from me, I've got worse unwanted pat downs by the TSA at the airport.
I've had a TSA guy fondle me twice because "he couldn't tell what was going on."

Man I feel so much safer about getting on this plane now...

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
KSE asked Hayes to go back to the radio and he took it as a demotion and resigned over it.

So the plan was to put Moser on TV and Haynes on the radio? I wonder why? It was definitely a demotion.

Last edited:

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Anyways, apparently KSE asked Hayes to go back to the radio and he took it as a demotion and resigned over it.

I'd have told KSE to piss off too in Hayes shoes. Hopefully Moser does well, but I can't help but be worried about him being to over the top.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
It's honestly sad how little sympathy society and some people in this thread have for men. We seem to have things figured out reasonable well in terms of how to respond when a woman says she's uncomfortable with a man touching her (regardless of the ages of the people involved), but we're still massively behind in terms of how we respond to men. That's my opinion anyway, and I'm not particularly interested in arguing about it.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
It's honestly sad how little sympathy society and some people in this thread have for men. We seem to have things figured out reasonable well in terms of how to respond when a woman says she's uncomfortable with a man touching her (regardless of the ages of the people involved), but we're still massively behind in terms of how we respond to men. That's my opinion anyway, and I'm not particularly interested in arguing about it.

I agree but a hockey forum probably isn’t the most cutting edge place for it to begin with. Lots of typical bros in here.

Reactions: MarkT

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Dater is such a moron. Love how he panicked as soon as there was talk of people unsubscribing from BSN over this; what a genuine apology. :rolleyes:

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011

Yeah, I get what your saying. Trust me I have a 13 year old son I've taught that it's okay to have feeling and that they matter. Anyways, like you said, I'm not really interested in arguing about it either. This really isn't the place anyways. Just didn't want you to think I'm some heartless dick I suppose

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
BSN Exclusive: The real reason Mike Haynes resigned from Altitude – BSN Denver

Now I understand why we haven't heard from Haynes. He must be quite pissed off.

Few quotes from the articles:

"Altitude went to Haynes and asked him to go back to his old gig with the team, the radio play-by-play guy, and that current radio guy Marc Moser would replace him on TV."

"Moser is seen as a rising star through the KSE family"

"Tests by KSE convinced it of tremendous chemistry between Moser and McNab in the booth, where they have occasionally called games on radio together."

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
BSN Exclusive: The real reason Mike Haynes resigned from Altitude – BSN Denver

Now I understand why we haven't heard from Haynes. He must be quite pissed off.

Few quotes from the articles:

"Altitude went to Haynes and asked him to go back to his old gig with the team, the radio play-by-play guy, and that current radio guy Marc Moser would replace him on TV."

"Moser is seen as a rising star through the KSE family"

"Tests by KSE convinced it of tremendous chemistry between Moser and McNab in the booth, where they have occasionally called games on radio together."

Wow A bit of a dick move there by Altitude. If you want to bring Mose up maybe offer Hayes a job the studio or something? I’m both bummed for Hayes and excited to see what Moser can do.

I’m glad McNab is staying. He’s like watching a hockey game with your drunk old uncle who use to dabble in the league. It’s great.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
As long as SHE is with Altitude nothing can go wrong.

lauren-gardner-673f918b-e6d4-442a-bc0c-7a2382f3d77-resize-750.jpeg

#NoBabeTalk

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Seems like a classless move by KSE. If viewership ratings were down, it's probably because the product the Avalanche have put on the ice lately.

Also, Dater's comment was stupid, but I don't see the point in getting bent out of shape over it.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Happy to hear it wasn't anything health or harassment related, but damn what a scummy move by Altitude. Dude has been synonymous with the Avs for over a decade and they toss him to the curb like that. Of course he wouldn't accept taking a step backwards. Who would?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Dater is shit and his defenders are even shittier.

Maybe Dater will start pretending he has sources again to try and make people move on from this.

member 116861

While I'm happy that Haynes did nothing wrong, how the f*** are you going to replace him with that clown?

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Dater is **** and his defenders are even ****tier.

Maybe Dater will start pretending he has sources again to try and make people move on from this.
Move on? What do I have to move on from? You don't have to drag people for being stupid when you have nothing to do with anything. Just keep living your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad