Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
Am I seeing this right? Dater retweeted rumour break? Are you f***ing serious? lol that's pretty darn embarrassing

On another note Moser's sad about Yak and quite frankly I am too.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
They'll have to at least address it once the season starts, right? They're not going to just plug Moser in there like nothing happened and pretend people won't notice. Even if they lie through their teeth they'll have to say something.
They just have to say that Mike is no longer with us, we thank him for his 22+ years of service, and now Moser will be the new TV PBP guy. They don't have to say any more than that.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I'm totally on the "none of our business" train. If Haynes and/or the organization wants to tell us, they will. If they don't, I'll assume it's personal and thus in every sense none of anyone's business except the people involved.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Some dude tweeted about an incident that happened to him today where a lady made him feel sexually harassed. Dater came out of no where and responded with something like “you enjoyed it”. Then the dude responded back saying that he didn’t enjoy it and it made him feel uncomfortable. Then Dater responded again with “man up”.

Now he’s pulling the whole “I learned a lesson today” deal.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Some dude tweeted about an incident that happened to him today where a lady made him feel sexually harassed. Dater came out of no where and responded with something like “you enjoyed it”. Then the dude responded back saying that he didn’t enjoy it and it made him feel uncomfortable. Then Dater responded again with “man up”.

Now he’s pulling the whole “I learned a lesson today” deal.

What's this about a shock jock?

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Jesus f***ing christ Dater. He just never learns.

EDIT: Reading a little more he does seem genuinely sorry. That said, the guy just doesn't know when to keep his jokes to himself.

Last edited:

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Edit: okay the tweet won't load, but if you Google Adrian Dater Man up and click on the cached version you can see at least that tweet (it's since been deleted).

I f***ing hate people who use the term "man up". It's one of the most demeaning things you can say to a man, in my opinion.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Well, Dater also tweeted that the Eagles radio man is in consideration for a new radio job with the Avs which probably confirms that Mark "Jimmothy Timmothy" Moser will be our new TV pbp guy.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Edit: okay the tweet won't load, but if you Google Adrian Dater Man up and click on the cached version you can see at least that tweet (it's since been deleted).

I ****ing hate people who use the term "man up". It's one of the most demeaning things you can say to a man, in my opinion.
Stop whining and MAN UP! :D ... sorry

Reactions: MarkT

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Believe it or not Dater was the victim in that story. Here's what Dater was responding to:

He first joked "you liked it" like a dumb thing you'd tell your friend. Then the guy cried more and Dater told him to man up (like that's no big deal there's nothing there to cry about).

That was not sexual harassment, that was an old mentally unstable lady rubbing her hand on his shoulder. It was probably very unconfortable and it's a good story to tell your friends but not every unwanted interaction is sexual.

Dater had to apologize 1000 times for this to witch hunters and white knights who were urging people to unsubscribe from BSN. f*** 'em.

Last edited:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Belive it or not Dater was the victim in that story. Here's what Dater was responding to:

He first joked "you liked it" like something you'd tell your friend. Then the guy cried more and Dater told him to man up (like that's no big deal there's nothing there to cry about).

That was not sexual harassment, that was an old mentally unstable lady rubbing her head on his shoulder. It was probably very unconfortable and it's a good story to tell your friends but not every unwanted interaction is sexual.

Dater had to apologize 1000 times for this to witch hunters and white knights who were telling people to unsubscribe from BSN. **** 'em.

I think we found Dater’s HF account :sarcasm:

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Believe it or not Dater was the victim in that story. Here's what Dater was responding to:

He first joked "you liked it" like something you'd tell your friend. Then the guy cried more and Dater told him to man up (like that's no big deal there's nothing there to cry about).

That was not sexual harassment, that was an old mentally unstable lady rubbing her head on his shoulder. It was probably very unconfortable and it's a good story to tell your friends but not every unwanted interaction is sexual.

Dater had to apologize 1000 times for this to witch hunters and white knights who were telling people to unsubscribe from BSN. **** 'em.

The reaction is over the top, but when the guy responded to "you liked it" with "actually, no. it was uncomfortable" then that should have been the end of it or Dater should have apologized for making the joke in the first place. To reply "man up" when a guy says he was uncomfortable is basically saying "you're a man and should never feel uncomfortable or at least should never tell other people you're uncomfortable.". Basically the phrase "man up" sums up nicely the idea that men should have to bottle up all their emotional pain and never complain about anything, which is a very harmful attitude that needs to change given the crisis that exists in male suicide rates.

Also, based on the standards the western world is going with, if you reverse the genders in the original situation, it sure ask heck is sexual harassment.

So yeah, the reaction to Dater is over the top, but Dater is a public figure of sorts and should know better.

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011

He first joked "you liked it" like a dumb thing you'd tell your friend. Then the guy cried more and Dater told him to man up (like that's no big deal there's nothing there to cry about).

That was not sexual harassment, that was an old mentally unstable lady rubbing her hand on his shoulder. It was probably very unconfortable and it's a good story to tell your friends but not every unwanted interaction is sexual.

Dater had to apologize 1000 times for this to witch hunters and white knights who were urging people to unsubscribe from BSN. **** 'em.

Honestly I thought it was a joke tweet when I first read it. Dater probably shouldn't have continued on with the "man up comment" but good lord. It was a 60 year old woman. While it was uncomfortable, the whole #metoo thing on that damn post was attention seeking. Right on schedule, the twitter white knights came along. It's pretty ridiculous to be honest.

Anyways, apparently KSE asked Hayes to go back to the radio and he took it as a demotion and resigned over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad