Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
The Bill Burr one was one of the worst since SC really took off last October.

Barrie and EJ were pretty good. Keith Yandle/Kevin Hayes at the same time is the best one yet. Liles was great too.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The Bill Burr one was one of the worst since SC really took off last October.

Barrie and EJ were pretty good. Keith Yandle/Kevin Hayes at the same time is the best one yet. Liles was great too.
Yeah, Burr is a difficult interview that's for sure. Liles was an awesome one.

Listening now.. hearing Barrie curse is so jarring, his voice and demeanour is just so innocent.

Last edited:

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Looking at the 2015 roster.. I wonder if it was Hejda. He said it was a guy that he absolutely did not want to do it with, and Hejda is a pretty big dude :laugh:

Did I mishear him, or was he talking about the incident at the 2017 World Championships? I've been looking at that Team Canada roster trying to figure it out but maybe I got it wrong.

I remember when he was ruled out for the rest of that tournament because of an injury he got wrestling in a hotel room; I just can't believe he did that much damage. I'm also having fun imagining a hotel room full of drunk hockey players trying to get it together enough to keep their buddy from bleeding out on the floor.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Just started listening and do these alpha males normally sound like fraternity brahs from the Jersey coast all the time or what? Lol.

E: Omg, then you get the Boston accent from Ryan Whitney. This is just the triple threat of pure terribleness that it is awesome; a New Yorker, Biz's hockey lingo, and Ryan without the "R's".

Last edited:

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Just started listening and do these alpha males normally sound like fraternity brahs from the Jersey coast all the time or what? Lol.

E: Omg, then you get the Boston accent from Ryan Whitney. This is just the triple threat of pure terribleness that it is awesome; a New Yorker, Biz's hockey lingo, and Ryan without the "R's".

:laugh: Yeah, it does kind of have some hockey bro douchebag vibe to it but they do have great guests every now and then.
Did I mishear him, or was he talking about the incident at the 2017 World Championships? I've been looking at that Team Canada roster trying to figure it out but maybe I got it wrong.

I remember when he was ruled out for the rest of that tournament because of an injury he got wrestling in a hotel room; I just can't believe he did that much damage. I'm also having fun imagining a hotel room full of drunk hockey players trying to get it together enough to keep their buddy from bleeding out on the floor.

I'm pretty sure he said 3 years ago.. but I kind of glossed over the date.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
:laugh: Yeah, it does kind of have some hockey bro *****ebag vibe to it but they do have great guests every now and then.
Yeah for sure the douchebag vibe is big, but that doesn't mean it is bad because of it. I am actually loving it since they don't need to be censored either so you get the true emotion where the NHL Network or 30 Thoughts is kind of watered down if you know what I mean.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Yeah for sure the *****ebag vibe is big, but that doesn't mean it is bad because of it. I am actually loving it since they don't need to be censored either so you get the true emotion where the NHL Network or 30 Thoughts is kind of watered down if you know what I mean.
Oh yeah it's a solid pod, it's a cool little glimpse into what the NHL is like behind the scenes and not neutered by the media.

Reactions: S E P H

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
I just got into Spittin Chiclets when they had Burr on. That interview was lame (especially when Bill started flapping his trap about the comedy business--yawn) but the part before it when they just covered some recent news was hilarious. I love the zero ****s they give. Hockey needs personality.

Absolutely pumped that my first official 'new episode' of this show is one with Tboobs and Condor. :thumbu:

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I just got into Spittin Chiclets when they had Burr on. That interview was lame (especially when Bill started flapping his trap about the comedy business--yawn) but the part before it when they just covered some recent news was hilarious. I love the zero ****s they give. Hockey needs personality.

Absolutely pumped that my first official 'new episode' of this show is one with Tboobs and Condor. :thumbu:
I mean he's a comedian.. They're obviously going to talk about that a bit.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
The interview with Tboobs and EJ is hilarious. For as bad of a player that Biz was, he’s pretty funny and good personality for hockey social media.
Yeah he's a pretty good host.

Although I low-key found it hilarious how Biz kept trying to joke around/chirp with Burr and in my head I kept being like "ha... you're not interviewing some vanilla hockey players here Biz, it's Burr." Like arguably the best comedian right now, and also the most ruthless. He's not going to give you a sympathy laugh and is surrounded by actual funny people all the time :laugh:

Probably To him Biz trying to be funny was the equivalent to Crosby watching a beer league game.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah he's a pretty good host.

Although I low-key found it hilarious how Biz kept trying to joke around/chirp with Burr and in my head I kept being like "ha... you're not interviewing some vanilla hockey players here Biz, it's Burr." Like arguably the best comedian right now, and also the most ruthless. He's not going to give you a sympathy laugh and is surrounded by actual funny people all the time :laugh:

Probably To him Biz trying to be funny was the equivalent to Crosby watching a beer league game.

I haven't listened o that episode but I can totally see Burr reacting like that :laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Burr is probably the funniest comedian on the planet and that’s still not enough to make me want to listen to Spittin Chicklets.
It depends on what you like. Considering that hockey does have personalities, however it is obviously dumb-downed since majority of the stories cannot be aired, so it's nice to see what goes beyond the rink. I just listened to only one and that was with the Avs and I thought it was good and laughed quite a bit. It's definitely not for everyone and not sure I can listen to every single episode, but it was interesting to hear what happened with Barrie in France and that EJ called Andy Murray a lunatic.

I am listening to the Oilers sequence by Andrew Ference on 30 thoughts podcast and even though it is pretty unbelievable, the dude has to be one of the biggest tools ever to play up there with Bieska. Biznasty is more respectable than this jerk (not that I disagree with what he says though).

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I am listening to the Oilers sequence by Andrew Ference on 30 thoughts podcast and even though it is pretty unbelievable, the dude has to be one of the biggest tools ever to play up there with Bieska. Biznasty is more respectable than this jerk (not that I disagree with what he says though).

I've read all kinds of stuff on how Ference was absolutely rotten in the locker room to deal with, was as much the opposite of a "glue guy" as one could imagine. The fact that he once wore the "C" for Edmonton pretty much tells you what you need to know about that organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->