Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm fine with Albert, he's not my favorite but I can watch a broadcast with him calling the plays. But I just can't with Pierre. I eventually have to mute that guy every time.

One hopes neither of the two new TV entities will sign him, but you know they will.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Eddie O sucks. Was hoping for some new blood, and not the same shit.

Five more years of Eddie O? And they're bringing Kevin Weekes over too?

So annoying listening to these dummies and watching them carry themselves, and everyone treat them on air like they're super smart hockey minds.

Pierre's nose has been so far up Eddie ass the last five or so years, Eddie's chest x rays are picking it up.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
ESPN or Turner would be extremely wise to pluck Kevin Bieksa from Sportsnet.
Mentioned Bieksa is one of the best in-studio analysts, but in hockey people tend to work towards HNIC, not leave from it.

I love me some Kevin Weekes, he's at least enthusiastic which is something you can't say about Jones or Boucher (even though I don't think neither of them are bad).

Reactions: Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Mentioned Bieksa is one of the best in-studio analysts, but in hockey people tend to work towards HNIC, not leave from it.

Yeah seems like they'd have to offer a Canadian a boatload of cash to get him to move from HNIC to ESPN. Don't think Bieksa's name is a big enough draw for them to do that.

Probably the same for many Americans too. It's the best of the best in hockey production.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Eddie Olszyck is now doing hair renewal ads with Brian Urlacher and Ian Happ. I recently saw billboards in Schaumburg near O'Hair.

Last edited:

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018

I love me some Kevin Weekes, he's at least enthusiastic which is something you can't say about Jones or Boucher (even though I don't think neither of them are bad).

I find the way Bieksa talks to be grating.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Bieksa picks up on things and shows you things no other analyst has shown before. I find him incredibly insightful while being funny at the same time.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Never hard to find former players to try out as analysts. I'm sure they will bring in a lot of new blood, wouldn't expect them to go hard to bring along names many of us would know. Wouldn't be surprised with it being ESPN former female players getting some involvement.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Never hard to find former players to try out as analysts. I'm sure they will bring in a lot of new blood, wouldn't expect them to go hard to bring along names many of us would know. Wouldn't be surprised with it being ESPN former female players getting some involvement.

I'm anticipating this and with pbp too.

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Bring LG over!
Caught her on NHL Network the other night and damn...We lost a great TV personality. All jokes aside, her knowledge of hockey and ability to discuss it live is pretty impressive. While I sometimes enjoy the sophomoric humor of Keefer and Ryker, I find it less appealing as the years go by. LG is a freaking pro.

Reactions: Pokecheque

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
About the Makar?
An incredible boy

41P7w+2sv-L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Family and friends knew what was wrong with me. But it was strange to me that I couldn't say straight out what was going on.

I agree Frankie. I agree...

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
This translation cracked me up....

How did the recent affair between Washington's Wilson and his brutality towards New York Rangers players affect you?

He is famous for his hardness, which goes beyond the rules. It's very useful for Washington. I don't remember anyone beating him up. He believes he will cut anyone who would go after him, so he does what he wants. He has terrible strength, he fights well. But the leadership of the league could probably do more to get behind it and think about where it can go. Especially against a star like Panarin, which is so important to the NHL. I saw a lot of hard hits from him, some hits were insidious. Maybe he deserved to cut his wings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad