News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Starting this new thread on the right foot

Cale is such a saint that he made a stupid Dater question seem like something well thought out
Holy f*** Datr
Hard to say. It was a brain fart coming out as a meandering sentence about being workman-like but having fun at the same time.
Legit, can’t tell you what he said...something about the Avs doing a job, enjoying it, job? Work?
Wasn't as much what he asked but the fact it took him about 2min to ask a simple question you couldn't understand. You would think he just learned the English language.
Makar quickly bailed him out by recognizing Dater was trying to ask about getting in a “groove”. Clumsy question, but I liked it because it showed Makar’s intelligence, professionalism, and class.

I could finally listen to this now infamous Dater question here:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Dater has somehow squeezed a 20 year sports writing career out of a book he wrote 20 years ago about being an Avs groupie. That still floors me. Dude hasn’t really done much to impress me since 2003-ish except get weirder and weirder every year.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
The best thing about that brain fart question was that Dater rambled for like a minute, then asked if it made sense, then continued to ramble for another 40 seconds and then asked if it made sense again. Funny thing is, after the second 40 seconds, it somehow made even less sense.

At least there was some humility in asking if it made sense. Its like he knew it was clumsy and was admitting it.

What's worse, I think, is when they ramble on only to realize they were making a comment and that they hadn't asked a question. Then they try to save it by saying "do you care to comment?"

One of the worst episodes though was when Chambers asked Foudie how to pronounce his name. So bad.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Didn't Chambers ask the laziest question ever the other day like "so yeah...talk to me about the game" or something along those lines? :laugh:

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I do like to give props to Aarif Deen over at MHS. He writes good stuff and his pod Hockey Mountain High that he does with Jerez. I've given him a little shit here and there on Twitter because at least twice now when it's his turn to ask a question, his Zoom connection temporarily fails. :laugh:

Reactions: ToruKadri

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Man the DNVR podcast is absolute total garbage now. Ever since they moved to Youtube I can't stand listening for more than 10 minutes. It's especially bad when they are doing the show directly from the bar.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Most Avs podcasts and radio discussions by these clowns covering the team could be summed up like this

"Aren't the Avs great? Not sure if they are as good as the championship era Avs, but man they are good. Did I mention XXX sports book is the best place to bet? Thanks for tuning in"

Top notch analysis!

Reactions: Griefer

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
At least there was some humility in asking if it made sense. Its like he knew it was clumsy and was admitting it.

What's worse, I think, is when they ramble on only to realize they were making a comment and that they hadn't asked a question. Then they try to save it by saying "do you care to comment?"

One of the worst episodes though was when Chambers asked Foudie how to pronounce his name. So bad.
Or when they put so many elements in the question that it already contains the answer.:ha:

Reactions: Gabe MacAntanen

boz

Jan 20, 2004
Man the DNVR podcast is absolute total garbage now. Ever since they moved to Youtube I can't stand listening for more than 10 minutes. It's especially bad when they are doing the show directly from the bar.
Rudo needs to stay off the sauce..

did originally think they were trying to be a serious outlet back in the bsn days but not so much now.. Mars should look elsewhere!

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013

Yeah it's been pretty bad lately. I know it might be mean to say, but I really dislike Rudo as the host. Between the excessive breathing into the mic, and generally just agreeing with everything that AJ says, it's gotten quite stale.

Hockey Mountain High is the gold standard for Avs podcasts right now imo.

Reactions: ToruKadri
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->