News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah boy if San Jose had any idea they really would have squeezed us on Dubnyk. Best to keep fans in the dark for three months.

They strongly believe that they have nothing to gain by telling us what's going on...which is technically true but also a statement about how much they respect the "journalists" covering the team.

Reactions: John Mandalorian

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
They strongly believe that they have nothing to gain by telling us what's going on...which is technically true but also a statement about how much they respect the "journalists" covering the team.

Keeping the fans happy is ultimately their business but I’m completely fine with their taking care of the on ice stuff first even if that means we, as fans, are kept in the dark.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Oh man that article had me rolling with those translations. We gotta get this guy to interview more players.

Demon McDavid, that name should stick. Someone probably rushing out to personalize a 97 jersey with that.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
What a great interview, glad we finally got a lens into what is going on with Frankie.

The translations had me rolling. Demon McDavid is a nickname that is going to stick.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
They're making comparisons between Wayne Gretzky and Charles Barkley. Ummmmm...hey I love The Great One as much as the next guy, and his SNL hosting gig remains an underrated gem, but are they seriously expecting him to show a boatload of personality because...have they met Wayne?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
They're making comparisons between Wayne Gretzky and Charles Barkley. Ummmmm...hey I love The Great One as much as the next guy, and his SNL hosting gig remains an underrated gem, but are they seriously expecting him to show a boatload of personality because...have they met Wayne?

If they want a personality who was a great player... they need to target Roy. He has other ambitions, but he'd make every broadcast must see TV.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
If they want a personality who was a great player... they need to target Roy. He has other ambitions, but he'd make every broadcast must see TV.

Good call. My only reluctance is he might have an axe to grind.

I'd like Sid Seixeiro to be involved somehow.

Last edited:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
How does coverage of Avalanche games work when we're in the playoffs? Is Altitude still a thing? Is there still a broadcast with Moser and McNab doing the commentary? Aside from one or two first round games the only ones I ever get from NHL TV are always the national broadcast. I'd hate to think we might win the cup and I don't get to hear those two screeching over the top of it.

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
How does coverage of Avalanche games work when we're in the playoffs. Is Altitude still a thing? Is there still a broadcast with Moser and McNab doing the commentary? Aside from one or two first round games the only ones I ever get from NHL TV are always the national broadcast. I'd hate to think we might win the cup and I don't get to hear those two screeching over the top of it.

Altitude gets the first round, after that it's just national coverage.

LostInMosEisley

A wretched hive of scum and villany
Aug 18, 2020
How does coverage of Avalanche games work when we're in the playoffs. Is Altitude still a thing? Is there still a broadcast with Moser and McNab doing the commentary? Aside from one or two first round games the only ones I ever get from NHL TV are always the national broadcast. I'd hate to think we might win the cup and I don't get to hear those two screeching over the top of it.

McNab at least will likely join Conor McGahey on the radio broadcasts after Altitude's TV coverage ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad