News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Landeskog's interview on chiclets today is awesome. From Roy pigeon cawing at MacKinnnon for yelling at teammates to him and EJ shooting pucks at Girard during pregame skate because he's not paying attention.

Edit: here's a snippet

Last edited:

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Landeskog's interview on chiclets today is awesome. From Roy pigeon cawing at MacKinnnon for yelling at teammates to him and EJ shooting pucks at Girard during pregame skate because he's not paying attention.

Roy quacking at MacKinnon is hilarious and gets funnier picturing it haha

Reactions: Ararana

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I have never listened to a podcast in my life and this DNVR thing looks like the least appealing thing imaginable. Do they not realise how tragic it looks?

In other news: I love it when Peter McNab says "Gentlemen." During commentary. You know shit's getting real. I also love when he can't hold in his giggles when something great happens.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

Edit: here's a snippet

I'm now wondering if Patrick Roy is @The Kingslayer .

Last edited:

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I have never listened to a podcast in my life and this DNVR thing looks like the least appealing thing imaginable. Do they not realise how tragic it looks?

In other news: I love it when Peter McNab says "Gentlemen." During commentary. You know shit's getting real. I also love when he can't hold in his giggles when something great happens.
Would be so nice if McNab joined the DNVR guys instead of wasting our time on Altitude. And I'm not even joking. It could be really interesting.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Also from that article:

ESPN/ABC will take over the other half of the package and, after this season, will have the Stanley Cup Finals in four of the next seven years. ESPN has yet to name lead broadcast teams, but Steve Levy and Sean McDonough have emerged as top candidates for the lead play-by-play job.

I think Albert does a pretty good job in every sport he calls. The McDonough MNF experience was bad all around.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Potentially getting Ferraro is huge for ESPN. I know we had that brief moment where it seemed like he was hating on the Avs because of the Granato thing but he's the best in the business.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ferraro is a beast get for ESPN.

Alberts is either hit or miss for me, like today he could've made the game between Caps/Rags more interesting but his voice tends to buzz-killington it at times. There are others, like when the action is really good that he's the top PBP in the league. It depends on the game, but I suggest that Forslund is much more consistent PBP overall.

Don't know what a Sean McDonough is.

For TNT or ESPN, Sharp is the most important piece IMHO. He's one of the best in studio analysts after Anthony Stewart and the plug Bieksa.

Reactions: tbassler

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018

Also from that article:

I think Albert does a pretty good job in every sport he calls. The McDonough MNF experience was bad all around.

McDonough was good at MLB for CBS back in the 90s.

Then again, maybe 20+ years of Joe Buck has lowered the bar on that?

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Ferraro is a beast get for ESPN.

Alberts is either hit or miss for me, like today he could've made the game between Caps/Rags more interesting but his voice tends to buzz-killington it at times. There are others, like when the action is really good that he's the top PBP in the league. It depends on the game, but I suggest that Forslund is much more consistent PBP overall.

Don't know what a Sean McDonough is.

For TNT or ESPN, Sharp is the most important piece IMHO. He's one of the best in studio analysts after Anthony Stewart and the plug Bieksa.

He’s riding Marvs coattails.

John Mandalorian

Nov 29, 2018
Who is for who?

Marv Albert was the most famous and best of all the Alberts sports announcers.

Marv did various big events for NBC but he’s most known for being the voice of NBA games during its golden era in the 90s. The guy you mentioned is Marv’s son (I think). There are several other members of this family who are announcers.

Reactions: S E P H

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Marv Albert was the most famous and best of all the Alberts sports announcers.

Marv did various big events for NBC but he’s most known for being the voice of NBA games during its golden era in the 90s. The guy you mentioned is Marv’s son (I think). There are several other members of this family who are announcers.
For me he's most known for a bad hairpiece and sexual assault.

Reactions: Pokecheque

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't have Twitter but I get to see tweets through The Athletic but question for those that do:

Does Peter Baugh tweet out post-game comments from Bednar/Avs players? Or is it strictly his post-period "score of the game" tweets that he sends out?

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I don't have Twitter but I get to see tweets through The Athletic but question for those that do:

Does Peter Baugh tweet out post-game comments from Bednar/Avs players? Or is it strictly his post-period "score of the game" tweets that he sends out?
He does. Also Tweets out practice and morning skate info too, often the 1st to do so.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Marv Albert is like Bob Cole. Both during his prime calling games and how things are going right now.

Reactions: dahrougem2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad