News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Not sure if McNab being off last night was health related or not, but Rycroft is a very good colour commentator. Toned down the usual wackiness there is when he's with Keefe, good fit imo.
Agreed I like Ryker as color commentator. He breaks down plays and is more willing to call out poor Avs play when he sees it. I liked how he stood by his position that the Trouba hit was a hockey play, which it was even though we didn't like it. Although I don't understand why they were doing the game from the studio instead from MSG. Is Altitude that cheap?

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Agreed I like Ryker as color commentator. He breaks down plays and is more willing to call out poor Avs play when he sees it. I liked how he stood by his position that the Trouba hit was a hockey play, which it was even though we didn't like it. Although I don't understand why they were doing the game from the studio instead from MSG. Is Altitude that cheap?
I assumed that was related to McNab's health, since there have been home games too where Moser is in the arena and McNab in a studio. Although it wouldn't surprise me if Altitude is down on money given their cable wars over the past years.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Wouldn't be surprised if a number of media outlets are doing it that way due to the pandemic. Doesn't bother me any. NHL Network does a "showcase" game every week and they just do the PxP and commentary remotely as well.

My wife commented on Johnny's Wine Cave last night. She wondered why they keep him locked in there and don't bring him out into the studio. I said they used to have him in studio but since 2020 have him work from home. I'm guessing more than anything JML just likes the setup.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Wouldn't be surprised if a number of media outlets are doing it that way due to the pandemic. Doesn't bother me any. NHL Network does a "showcase" game every week and they just do the PxP and commentary remotely as well.

My wife commented on Johnny's Wine Cave last night. She wondered why they keep him locked in there and don't bring him out into the studio. I said they used to have him in studio but since 2020 have him work from home. I'm guessing more than anything JML just likes the setup.

The wine cave is at his house is in Vail. He was coming down to be in-studio/in-arena for the occasional game prior to the pandemic, but I'm sure he's more than content to not be driving I-70 if he doesn't have to.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The wine cave is at his house is in Vail. He was coming down to be in-studio/in-arena for the occasional game prior to the pandemic, but I'm sure he's more than content to not be driving I-70 if he doesn't have to.

It's a fun segment and they got the theme music and graphics for it, so I think all parties involved are fine keeping it the way it is. I certainly wouldn't mind working from a liquor-filled closet every night.

Plus, the last time I recall JML being in the studio, Ryker wrecked part of the soundstage. :laugh:

Reactions: madman

Cake Malar

Oct 14, 2017
I believe JML also is a real estate agent in Vail so he probably doesn’t want to drive to Denver after working during the day up in the mountains.

Reactions: Avs91

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That drive had to suck, after Georgetown there is a good nothingness for an extra forty minutes when you finally get to Vail. Vail isn't even that interesting anyway, but I admit that might be a hot take. Too many stuck up people there.

E: Forgot about Lake Dillon, after that there is nothing until Vail.

Last edited:

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Not sure if McNab being off last night was health related or not, but Rycroft is a very good colour commentator. Toned down the usual wackiness there is when he's with Keefe, good fit imo.

Looks like he was being inducted into the US hall of fame:

From the photos posted on USA Hockey's website of the ceremony, it doesn't appear like Pete was there. Nor, was there a photo, or video, of him accepting his induction included on their Tweeter feed like their was with the others that were inducted.

I'm gonna assume he's not well enough to be on the Avs broadcast, nor to travel, especially with the COVID situation still as bad as it is.

I hope he gets better soon.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
From the photos posted on USA Hockey's website of the ceremony, it doesn't appear like Pete was there. Nor, was there a photo, or video, of him accepting his induction included on their Tweeter feed like their was with the others that were inducted.

I'm gonna assume he's not well enough to be on the Avs broadcast, nor to travel, especially with the COVID situation still as bad as it is.

Hope Pete is doing okay. I was concerned when he wasn't on the NYR broadcast after talking multiple times prior about how much he was looking forward to that trip.

I assumed he was doing something for the USHOF but now I'm back to being concerned after seeing he wasn't there for that either.

Hopefully he's on the broadcast tonight for the home game and they decided to just play it safe and not travel.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Hope Pete is doing okay. I was concerned when he wasn't on the NYR broadcast after talking multiple times prior about how much he was looking forward to that trip.

I assumed he was doing something for the USHOF but now I'm back to being concerned after seeing he wasn't there for that either.

Hopefully he's on the broadcast tonight for the home game and they decided to just play it safe and not travel.
More of a Mike Haynes thing, but it would be a shame for McNabb tp miss his first Red Wings game.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Such a shame if he had to miss the HOF stuff. You know he would have absolutely loved that.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
No McNab for the home game either. Hope it's nothing serious. Maybe the chemo is starting to take a toll on him.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Keefe alluded to McNab being at the ceremony. Sounds like he's just taking a rest. So that's good news.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
No McNab for the home game either. Hope it's nothing serious. Maybe the chemo is starting to take a toll on him.
It's very possible. I remember the days that my mom had to take chemo she couldn't even get out of bed, she couldn't eat, she couldn't do anything. It's rough.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah that’d be my guess. I’ve never had anyone I know go through chemo, but from everything I’ve heard it’s no joke. I just want McNab to do what’s best for him whether that’s calling games or taking as much time as he needs.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

"He's horrendous at it" :laugh:

A few takeaways here:

- If Jacob Chychrun ever wants to dabble in pro wrestling, he could legitimately play Sycho Sid's son. Probably better than Sid's real life son.
- Mark Scheifele just screams "super nerd"
- You can tell Cale Makar doesn't play video games at all. Props to him
- MacK is a dork with how much he plays
- Mark Stone is a future serial killer
- Mark my words when Charlie McAvoy retires he's going to balloon to 300+ pounds
- Someone please check Jack Hughes' birth certificate. There's no way he's older than 12.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
A few takeaways here:

- If Jacob Chychrun ever wants to dabble in pro wrestling, he could legitimately play Sycho Sid's son. Probably better than Sid's real life son.
- Mark Scheifele just screams "super nerd"
- You can tell Cale Makar doesn't play video games at all. Props to him
- MacK is a dork with how much he plays
- Mark Stone is a future serial killer
- Mark my words when Charlie McAvoy retires he's going to balloon to 300+ pounds
- Someone please check Jack Hughes' birth certificate. There's no way he's older than 12.

McAvoy looks less like a hockey player than Kessel does.

UKxAVX9.png

Stone is creepy with that shirt and that hair. He looks like someome working in an office and about to go postal.

1gEppOv.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad