News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRarestDangles

Oct 1, 2019
Denver, Colorado, USA, Earth
Hey fellas any idea where to find footage of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre? It's an infamous day for Avs fans and I can't seem to find any footage of it anywhere.

I like watching it because it shows how far the roster has come since then.

If you can help me find it I will tell you all the full name of the girl in my profile picture.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Hey fellas any idea where to find footage of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre? It's an infamous day for Avs fans and I can't seem to find any footage of it anywhere.

If you can help me find it I will tell you all the full name of the girl in my profile picture.
Pretty sure the only stuff we only have is on Youtube, you might be able to find the thread on here from that date, but a lot has been lost from the server transfers. I recommend using google to search for the GDT, the actual search feature is absolute rubbish.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

Pshhh...everyone already knows who Lindsay Lohan is, dude

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Altitude Statement 12-17-2021 - Altitude Sports
Altitude Statement
Friday, December 17, 2021

Attorneys for Altitude Sports and Comcast appeared yesterday in Federal Court for a status conference before Judge William J. Martinez. The purpose of that conference was to update the court on developments in the case.

Prior to the status conference, representatives from Altitude Sports had reached out to Comcast to suggest mediation in order to reach a settlement that would be mutually agreeable to both parties.

Judge Martinez was supportive of this approach. He indicated that by this stage, both parties had a strong sense of the facts of the case. Altitude Sports and Comcast then agreed to move forward with mediation. Altitude committed to working with Comcast to file a joint motion by Monday, December 20, with the name of the agreed-upon mediator.

Altitude Sports also committed that it would make a revised offer to Comcast in advance of the mediation. It is Altitude’s aim that this offer will bring the case to a close and return the network to Comcast for Front Range fans.

“It is our hope that by working through a mediator, Altitude will be able to return to Comcast without raising the price for our fans to watch their local teams,” said Matt Hutchings, COO of KSE. “We have worked diligently toward that goal.”

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Top notch NYR broadcast just realized that the game is officiated by only one ref late in the second...

I honestly wouldn't mind going back to one ref. Watching it the other day for a period or so with the Avs, I remembered how much better control the refs had on games when they were the only one making calls.

Leads to just letting the guys play more, and makes game management much more sensible with one ref, than when you have another guy just doing his own game management at the other end of the rink.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I honestly wouldn't mind going back to one ref. Watching it the other day for a period or so with the Avs, I remembered how much better control the refs had on games when they were the only one making calls.

Leads to just letting the guys play more, and makes game management much more sensible with one ref, than when you have another guy just doing his own game management at the other end of the rink.
Back in the one ref system days there was more nasty shit behind the refs back so I don't miss that.

Also the ref would have to skate a lot more. With the speed of the game now I don't think it's possible or good to go back.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

No way I want this.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I still think the answer is one ref on ice and another off ice able to make a call. We need fewer bodies on the ice to create more space. I'm tired of seeing plays broken up by the refs in the corner. Two refs just mean one more obstacle to navigate for a puck handler. If you are worried about the stuff that one ref doesn't catch, allow someone up high with a birds eye view to blow a whistle or radio down a delayed penalty to the on-ice official at the time of the infraction. A birds eye view means the official doesn't have to skate to watch the play. The off-ice official just seems to make so much sense to me, but it is never discussed as a potential solution. Is there something I'm missing to this idea that causes it to be a bad one?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

"letting the guys play more" = we get to hook, hold, interfere, etc at will. No thank you to that.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
"letting the guys play more" = we get to hook, hold, interfere, etc at will. No thank you to that.

I get that, but at the same time I don't hate the old days where you had to fight through hooks and a little interference to make plays.

I also think the high scoring games are overrated. I've always thought the hard fought low scoring games were the most entertaining hockey games because the anticipation builds the entire game.

The Florida game the other day that ended 3-2 and was 1-0 going into the third period might have been the best game of the year.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I get that, but at the same time I don't hate the old days where you had to fight through hooks and a little interference to make plays.

I also think the high scoring games are overrated. I've always thought the hard fought low scoring games were the most entertaining hockey games because the anticipation builds the entire game.

The Florida game the other day that ended 3-2 and was 1-0 going into the third period might have been the best game of the year.
Yeah, but it was full of scoring chances. It wasn't reflective of a "defense first" type game or comparable to the clutch and grab era.
Good riddance to the DPE.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

We just aren't going to see eye to eye on this.

That, to me, is a bad player's crutch and inability to defend better players. Just start hooking/holding/interfering because you can't keep up to the superior player.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
We just aren't going to see eye to eye on this.

That, to me, is a bad player's crutch and inability to defend better players. Just start hooking/holding/interfering because you can't keep up to the superior player.

Players still do that though and often get away with it. The new system hasn't eliminated these plays.

Yeah, but it was full of scoring chances. It wasn't reflective of a "defense first" type game or comparable to the clutch and grab era.
Good riddance to the DPE.

Yes but if you recall there were still plenty of scoring chances in the previous era too. That's why those games were still entertaining. Plus the higher emotion from more physical play back then helped too.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Players still do that though and often get away with it. The new system hasn't eliminated these plays.

Yes but if you recall there were still plenty of scoring chances in the previous era too. That's why those games were still entertaining. Plus the higher emotion from more physical play back then helped too.
Mostly I remember your namesake getting mugged night in and night out and wonder what the guy could've done without two players hanging off of him 90% of the time he passed center ice.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Not even remotely close to the extent that it used to be, and the league is way better off this way.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Altitude and Comcast settling? Whatever they settle on, the next thing said should be, "why didn't you guys do this two years ago?"

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Why is the conference 2 months away…

That's what I was thinking. If you want to settle, why not just settle now?

My pure guess is this might just be temporary for the playoffs since the Avs have a shot at the Cup. Not long term. We'll see though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad