News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
You're using this example to justify Dater when you should be using this example to shame a CNN reporter...

Sadly real, true integrity and zero bias, journalism is a rare thing to find these days.
False. I'm not using it to justify Dater or CNN. More than anything I'm just saying the term "journalism" is loose these days and that in the end the art of it is fading quick.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Yup, neither of them are journalists anymore and their writing is poor. AJ wants so desperately to be a pro hockey writer but he lacks the skills.
Besides the obvious lack of skill all of DNVR just comes off lazy. I appreciate they're trying to fill a void, but they are as poor form as they come. Rudo has dropped multiple sexist comments on various pods that left Ally speechless (I hope she lands somewhere better), AJ seems lazy, they all seem drunk and high constantly.

They're just trying to live their best lives and somehow they've gotten funding for it... kudos to them but it doesn't seem like a ride that will last forever.

xbestboybandever

Jun 24, 2015
Besides the obvious lack of skill all of DNVR just comes off lazy. I appreciate they're trying to fill a void, but they are as poor form as they come. Rudo has dropped multiple sexist comments on various pods that left Ally speechless (I hope she lands somewhere better), AJ seems lazy, they all seem drunk and high constantly.

They're just trying to live their best lives and somehow they've gotten funding for it... kudos to them but it doesn't seem like a ride that will last forever.

This.

I can not listen to them anymore, and now with Jesse back, it’s gotten substantially worse. Their insights as far as Kane went on this last pod were an absolute travesty. Victimless crimes? Clowns.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah just about everything regarding the DNVR bunch is almost as bad as Dater. Outside of TMV I think the rest are absolutely awful and really don't carry themselves with any sort of professionalism, just like Dater.

Honestly for me the only person I really follow for Avs news is Peter Baugh. Outside of his dad jokes he tends to keep it professional on Social Media and if he's good enough that Dad Jokes are all you can really complain about(I don't mind them) then I think he's doing a lot of things right.

But I also tend to stay of twitter for the most part. Any substantial Avs news will be covered by the league top guys as well and thanks to @Bill Peckerskull it will usually find its way on here within minutes as well :laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I don't get why everyone has to fight each other? So many assumptions being thrown around (not by you lot, but them). Dater isn't relevant anymore, he killed his own career when he had multiple times to redeem it. Denver Post with Chambers isn't relevant either since DP is shambolic and hide their stories behind a paywall (do any of you lot actually read Avs DP stories anymore?). Because of that, it allowed fans to make their own websites from the rise of Bleacher Report and DNVR is obviously taking advantage of the lack of media for the Avs. It just isn't them though, the Colorado media is pretty damn awful for all the other sports teams besides the Broncos...which are given too much attention. I don't pay attention to DNVR and Pierce is right about a lack of professionalism, but I also think they put in effort and good work at times even if I don't watch or listen to 99% of it. Should they be in existence? No, I don't think they should, but having buffoons as writers eventually made their genesis and I have no problems about that. Baugh is definitely the best and a good upgrade on Clark, but The Athletic as an entity isn't that really popular outside of true sports fans, so there are still voids out there.

Honestly I don't even use Twitter anymore. Over the years it slowly dwindled down to just sports news, but it's much better and quicker to just come here and see what's up. I don't want to have to navigate through shitty jokes and memes to see who the latest injury is :laugh:
This.

Last edited:

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Seems excessive to yank it because of that question, but it must've been a last straw type of thing

To be fair/clear--I do not know or really have any desire to know what led to him not having a credential this year/season.

I also don't believe it's been publicly stated either. However, that being said, I think it's rather obvious he doesn't have one. He's not at the rink, he's not at the games, and I don't believe he's been on a single post-game media availability either.

So even though I'm not saying/acting like I have 100% confirmation, I think even without that it's plainly evident that he doesn't have one this year.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
AJ’s writing doesn’t bother me at all, nor does the podcast. He has some very good insights from time to time about the Avs and hockey in general.

On a side note, in all seriousness, I hope to hell TMV and his family are doing well.
We’re getting there, appreciate that. I probably won’t be be back before the new year, though. Been a little tougher than we thought and haven’t been able to sit down and watch any games all the way through yet.

The less said about Dater, the better. Just ignore him and your quality of life will improve.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
We’re getting there, appreciate that. I probably won’t be be back before the new year, though. Been a little tougher than we thought and haven’t been able to sit down and watch any games all the way through yet.

The less said about Dater, the better. Just ignore him and your quality of life will improve.

Glad to hear things are getting better at least, hopefully soon you’ll be giving out grades again.

And…yeah. I’m done with Dater. Might have to just block him because his tweets keep making their way back onto my TL even though I unfollowed him and unsubscribed from CHN a while ago.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I decided to check out the DNVR podcast again (after a long time) after the Sens game. A bunch of drunk sounding idiots yelling into their mics and calling everybody who dares to not think the Avs are contenders (which they surely aren't this year) 'clowns'. How are people still listening to these buffoons?
It used to be decent when they were doing them in-studio and sober but it went straight into the shitter when they decided to do them live on Youtube from the bar. Now it's just drunk guys yelling at each other. There's literally zero content.

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
It used to be decent when they were doing them in-studio and sober but it went straight into the shitter when they decided to do them live on Youtube from the bar. Now it's just drunk guys yelling at each other. There's literally zero content.

Don't forget the one guy on the side who doesn't say anything at all!

Reactions: Balthazar

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Not sure if McNab being off last night was health related or not, but Rycroft is a very good colour commentator. Toned down the usual wackiness there is when he's with Keefe, good fit imo.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Not sure if McNab being off last night was health related or not, but Rycroft is a very good colour commentator. Toned down the usual wackiness there is when he's with Keefe, good fit imo.

Looks like he was being inducted into the US hall of fame:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad