News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
They must be able to keep his nausea down. Early on in chemo I was okay accept for chemo days and the day immediately after chemo. By the end of my first round I was nauseous and running at both ends pretty much every day for a week and a half. I was on a two week schedule. So I would have 3-4 days every two weeks were I felt up to much of anything and even then chemo-brain was clouding everything making it impossible to work. My cancer came back in the autumn and I'm already back on FMLA. It sucks because on my good days, I feel like I should be doing something productive yet I know I can't work (and be counted on due to chemo-brain and the fact that I would only be in the office 3-4 days every two weeks.) When you take a person's job away, you take away part of their identity. I hate not be able to work on my days off and I applaud Altitude for giving Pete the chance. I'm sure being around friends at work and being able to continue is very beneficial to his healing process. Everything that can bring you joy and lifts the spirits is a win in the battle with cancer. That's why I try to laugh every day as much as possible...to the point of really bad dad puns and beyond.

Anyways, here's to Pete and his fight. I've got your back brother as long as you've got mine covered with some random shoe as well.

My grandma is currently going through chemo and radiation for breast cancer. We've always been really close. Like, more a mother to me than my mother sometimes (most times tbh). But she comes from a different generation where you don't share feeling like this, even to loved ones.

Reading this post from you, and your other posts where you opened up about your cancer, have really made me understand what she's going through. Not just physically, which she's open about, but mentally too, which she isn't open about.

Thanks for sharing these posts about your experience. I think we all can kind of understand what it would be like to feel nauseated every day and we all know how awful that would be. But the mental health aspects can only be experienced and shared by someone who is actually going through it.

So thanks for sharing with this post and your others and I hope everything works out for you and your family. Seriously man, all the best.

(Can you tell tonights the night I allow myself to crack open a bottle of scotch once a week? Lol. Laphroaig tends to have this effect on me)

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Wish the best for Dater’s mental health, but I don’t understand his need to get in fights with people all the time on social media. He seems to think he’s better than everyone else, which is so weird.

I enjoy listening to the DNVR pods. Do I agree with everything they say? No. But, who cares? It’s not like I’m right about everything. It’s just about listening to Avs talk.

People want to get their content in different ways these days. DNVR has done a good job of that. Dater needs to get over whatever happened between them and him, because it’s not a good look.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
My grandma is currently going through chemo and radiation for breast cancer. We've always been really close. Like, more a mother to me than my mother sometimes (most times tbh). But she comes from a different generation where you don't share feeling like this, even to loved ones.

Reading this post from you, and your other posts where you opened up about your cancer, have really made me understand what she's going through. Not just physically, which she's open about, but mentally too, which she isn't open about.

Thanks for sharing these posts about your experience. I think we all can kind of understand what it would be like to feel nauseated every day and we all know how awful that would be. But the mental health aspects can only be experienced and shared by someone who is actually going through it.

So thanks for sharing with this post and your others and I hope everything works out for you and your family. Seriously man, all the best.

(Can you tell tonights the night I allow myself to crack open a bottle of scotch once a week? Lol. Laphroaig tends to have this effect on me)
Thank you for the kind words and well wishes @EscapedGoat. To be honest, I should thank everyone here for allowing me the time and space to make my little posts from time to time. Sometimes it helps to say stuff, even online, just to get the thoughts out of the old head and into the open and living world.

Your grandma sounds like an awesome lady. I hope you get to cherish so many more memories and years with her. As for the Lapahroaig, 10 year was my favorite. When I was diagnosed with colon cancer, it was stage 4 and had already metastasized to my liver so I gave up alcohol pretty much on the spot.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
What did I miss? What did Dater tweet about?
He was saying that "a bunch of neckbeards sitting in a circle and BS'ing about a game with poor audio quality on a pod/youtube" isn't real journalism.

Reactions: Metallo

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Dater's not a journalist anymore. He's lost his credentials to cover the team, he's a blogger at best. He should really get off that high horse.
AJ isn't a journalist either. I'm not trying to pump up Dater because to me on some level they're both pretty laughable at their profession.

However, I'll say this. While in large the Podcast is a joke, and some DNVR articles barely pass 9th grade writing. I do appreciate what they're doing and they're filling the void that exists for Hockey Media in CO. I'll listen to the podcast occasionally and sometimes its entertaining.

Journalism as a whole has transformed quite a bit. Something I deal with in my profession daily since I work in a market facing position. The amount of news written on content I help push out is pretty funny. In one case we launched a new version of software. A CNN reporter literally cited his source as searching YouTube for people's opinions on how this piece of software affects vehicles. He didn't test it, or go talk to an actual customer. Just YouTubed it. This also happened recently with a Reuters reporter. So Dater isn't wrong. Couch bro neck beard reporting is a thing lol.

Reactions: CharlesPuck

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Journalism as a whole has transformed quite a bit. Something I deal with in my profession daily since I work in a market facing position. The amount of news written on content I help push out is pretty funny. In one case we launched a new version of software. A CNN reporter literally cited his source as searching YouTube for people's opinions on how this piece of software affects vehicles. He didn't test it, or go talk to an actual customer. Just YouTubed it. This also happened recently with a Reuters reporter. So Dater isn't wrong. Couch bro neck beard reporting is a thing lol.

You're using this example to justify Dater when you should be using this example to shame a CNN reporter...

Sadly real, true integrity and zero bias, journalism is a rare thing to find these days.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
AJ isn't a journalist either. I'm not trying to pump up Dater because to me on some level they're both pretty laughable at their profession.

However, I'll say this. While in large the Podcast is a joke, and some DNVR articles barely pass 9th grade writing. I do appreciate what they're doing and they're filling the void that exists for Hockey Media in CO. I'll listen to the podcast occasionally and sometimes its entertaining.

Yup, neither of them are journalists anymore and their writing is poor. AJ wants so desperately to be a pro hockey writer but he lacks the skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad