Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
They had really good PBP guys in Cuthbert and Forslund but they let them go.

Levy used to be pretty good. Hopefully he'll be the go to guy.
No they didn't. Cuthbert is now with Sportsnet and has a bigger gig than when he was on TSN and I don't think they allow him to freelance with NBC like TSN did. Forslund is clearly still with NBC, presuming you watched yesterday's game.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
This is interesting.

Maybe I’ve just missed it, but I don’t often hear Bednar mention analytics specifically.

He says Megna’s analytics were good in this clip. Kinda further shows that this org is putting an emphasis on advanced stats.

He says that some guys have come in and are outplaying some of our veteran guys.... So basically McDonald is taking Graves' job.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
He says that some guys have come in and are outplaying some of our veteran guys.... So basically McDonald is taking Graves' job.

It’s a good situation to be in. It’s never bad to have strong internal competition.

There’s a lot worse options out there for #6 D options in the NHL.

Reactions: Richard88

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
It’s a good situation to be in. It’s never bad to have strong internal competition.

There’s a lot worse options out there for #6 D options in the NHL.
Between O'Connor and MacDonald Seattle won't be short of decent league-minimum caphit players to choose from if they want to try to maximise capspace for trades, rather than taking a. $3m+ contract like Donskoi/Compher/Graves

Reactions: McMetal

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Cant wait for the next Avs game cause that means i get to hear another male genetalia joke during the manscapped ad on DNVR postgame podcast

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
No they didn't. Cuthbert is now with Sportsnet and has a bigger gig than when he was on TSN and I don't think they allow him to freelance with NBC like TSN did. Forslund is clearly still with NBC, presuming you watched yesterday's game.

Yeah they let Cuthbert go to Sportsnet.

Forslund was already leaving NBC at the end of the year. They announced a while back he'd be the PBP guy for Seattle.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I heard Mack was a bust too.
Mack wasn't producing much in years 2-3-4 but he wasn't horrible.

Dahlin on the other hand is terrible.

Not saying he's a bust and I fully understand the Buffalo effect but he's closer to a bust than the generational defenseman we were promised right now. McDavid looked generational from day 1 with the broken Oilers.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Yeah they let Cuthbert go to Sportsnet.

Forslund was already leaving NBC at the end of the year. They announced a while back he'd be the PBP guy for Seattle.
Forslund worked in just about everything while he was the PBP guy for the Hurricanes. They can't go wrong with giving him some national games.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Mack wasn't producing much in years 2-3-4 but he wasn't horrible.

Dahlin on the other hand is terrible.

Not saying he's a bust and I fully understand the Buffalo effect but he's closer to a bust than the generational defenseman we were promised right now. McDavid looked generational from day 1 with the broken Oilers.
He paced for 55 pts last year and 40 his rookie season. He's having a rough season no doubt but Buffalo seems absolutely toxic right now as did the Avs in their horrific season before Mack's breakout. Culture change I think will be the key to him getting back on track. He's pretty far from a bust imo.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Forslund worked in just about everything while he was the PBP guy for the Hurricanes. They can't go wrong with giving him some national games.

That would be cool, but it might be unlikely. Especially in the first year of Seattle's franchise, where they'll probably want him doing a lot of media and promo pieces on his off days to garner attention.

He wasn't working with Carolina this year though, he was just working with NBC I believe.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don’t normally like to give Chambers a ton of credit but I loved him just cutting to the chase and asking the Miska question with zero pretense.
It was almost too blunt, honestly. That sounded like a question the Toronto media would ask after a bad game "Hey Tavares, you had zero points in a 3-8 loss today, why do you think you let the city of Toronto down today and how does that make you feel knowing that children are going to bed crying tonight after that embarrassment?"

I mean, we're all thinking it, but it was kind of a dick move to put Bednar on the spot like that, when he really and truly does have no control over his goalie depth and has to work with what Sakic gives him. What's he supposed to say? "We know Miska sucks, but it's all Sakic's fault that our goalie depth is crap and he needs to get something done soon so we don't have to play this loser anymore"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad