News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I got a real "f*** you" vibe from Rantanen when he answered that question. Chambers was clearly digging for a question that would allow him to write an article at some point criticizing Rantanen for missing training camp. Chambers should really quit the sports beat - he'd be much better suited to working for one of the biased media companies that covers politics.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I got a real "f*** you" vibe from Rantanen when he answered that question. Chambers was clearly digging for a question that would allow him to write an article at some point criticizing Rantanen for missing training camp. Chambers should really quit the sports beat - he'd be much better suited to working for one of the biased media companies that covers politics.

Yeah, it’s just not a relevant question right now. Too much time has passed and so much has happened that training camp is pretty irrelevant at this point. Not to mention that Rantanen came out flying this season.

There are so many stories he could be looking to write and that’s the first question that comes to his mind, smh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lemonlimey

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013

He might be the worst reporter in hockey, a complete clown.

Mikko goes full speed into the boards, directly on his shoulder, do you REALLY think being in training camp would've made the slightest difference?

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
He might be the worst reporter in hockey, a complete clown.

Mikko goes full speed into the boards, directly on his shoulder, do you REALLY think being in training camp would've made the slightest difference?

Dater:
upload_2020-7-14_8-24-43.jpeg

I guess the Avs are just lucky they get two.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Does it matter when what he's saying is wrong? Dater lost his hockey mind about 4 years worth of pot ago.

Oh, I'm not saying he's good at his job, just that he has some skill as a writer. I've definitely read some good articles written by him over the years. I can't say the same for Chambers.

Reactions: MaKarter

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
For all the clowns we're stuck with, absolutely no one compares to the travesty that is Steve Simmons.

Steve Simmons is actually really good at his job though. His job just happens to be click-producer and shit-stirrer.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I don't think Simmons being "good" at being a pompous ass with a word processor denotes any level of competence. He's still a shitty writer who also happens to be amazingly thin-skinned and wrong on almost every issue he tries to tackle.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I don't think Simmons being "good" at being a pompous ass with a word processor denotes any level of competence. He's still a shitty writer who also happens to be amazingly thin-skinned and wrong on almost every issue he tries to tackle.

Meh, not a hill I'm willing to die on, but for the record being good at something does indeed denote a level of competence in that thing.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Speaking of media coverage, there's still Sadowski.

Mackinnon:

“We’ve been through some tough years, we’ve had some tough seasons,” MacKinnon said. “This is exciting. It’s my seventh year and it’s the first one where I really feel like we have a chance to win. It doesn’t come around very often (and) we definitely don’t want to take this for granted."

“Winning this year (wouldn’t be) like winning every other year, but we feel like the importance will be the same and we’re excited for the challenge. There are so many amazing teams, it’s going to be very challenging. We’re confident that we can get it done.”

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I think most of these shock jock reporters are that way because they're probably obnoxious A holes in real life.

Not that they've made some master calculation that if they write a bunch of controversial stuff, and use click bait titles, they'll make money.

I think they're just being ignoramuses because that's what they are in real life, and their employer and editors are the ones making the calculations to profit off of their polarizing opinions.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Meh, not a hill I'm willing to die on, but for the record being good at something does indeed denote a level of competence in that thing.

Naw. They've done studies of successful/rich people. More often than not it has nothing to do with competence at their job or intelligence. It's linked to personality type. They were just more ambitious. You see incompetent people in high-paying jobs and powerful political positions all across the country. Being actually good at your job is not as important as you would like to believe. I've seen it in practice.

Being a jerk and writing like a jerk doesn't require actual skill. You just have to be willing to write asinine copy that pisses people off. "Quit eating hot dogs, Phil!" is something anyone can write. It takes a certain someone brazen enough to do it on a regular basis, and someone petty and small enough to act all butthurt when the player in question drags him on social media years later.

Reactions: McMetal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad