News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It has always been like that. The non-playoff teams are the lottery teams so players picked in that range are the lottery picks.

Never heard that once before. Lottery teams, yes. Lottery picks, no.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The Post tweeted a link to Chambers' paywalled column twice yesterday and these were the headlines in those tweets.

"Avalanche coach Jared Bednar unleashed an obscenity-laced tirade on his team during Saturday's practice"

"The tirade included something about “(expletive) golfing” if things don’t go well in Edmonton"

Hi, not news.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The Post tweeted a link to Chambers' paywalled column twice yesterday and these were the headlines in those tweets.

"Avalanche coach Jared Bednar unleashed an obscenity-laced tirade on his team during Saturday's practice"

"The tirade included something about “(expletive) golfing” if things don’t go well in Edmonton"

Hi, not news.

Literally being said by multiple hockey coaches at practice every single day.

Reactions: McMetal

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Honestly this just shows what a good job Bednar has done with the media and with self control in general that people are shocked he.... yelled! and.... swore!

The dude is a former ECHLer with over 1000 PIMs from rural Saskatchewan for f***s sake

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Does anyone know what happened between Jost and Rudo? Apparently Jost likes everyone except Rudo. He doesn't like him at all and made sure that everyone is aware...they were laughing about it in the podcast today but I'd like to know the details.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Does anyone know what happened between Jost and Rudo? Apparently Jost likes everyone except Rudo. He doesn't like him at all and made sure that everyone is aware...they were laughing about it in the podcast today but I'd like to know the details.

It all stems from someone unearthing a burner account belonging to Nadia from Mile High Sticking. She claims that Jost's smile "DROPS when he hears Nathan Rudolph asking a question" and therefore he hates Rudolph.

For anyone out there who does not know Nadia, she is...an interesting personality. My recently-reunited friend @tigervixxxen can additionally shed some light on her.

This is a nothing story.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
God I cringe every time I read that name. Nadia needs to seek help from mental health professionals and has needed to for some time now. I'm honestly shocked she's still making the rounds in Avs circles.

Reactions: Hennessy

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
Dater is in EDM but is there any guarantee he will be let into the arena or have any media access at all?
From Dater-
[So this is where I want to say thanks to the NHL for granting me a credential in the first place. My understanding is that a very small number of credentials will be granted to media in the “hub” cities of Edmonton and Toronto, but I got one. I think this is where having covered the Avs and the NHL for 25 years now paid off some for me.]

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
It all stems from someone unearthing a burner account belonging to Nadia from Mile High Sticking. She claims that Jost's smile "DROPS when he hears Nathan Rudolph asking a question" and therefore he hates Rudolph.

For anyone out there who does not know Nadia, she is...an interesting personality. My recently-reunited friend @tigervixxxen can additionally shed some light on her.

This is a nothing story.
Let's not allow this to get lost in this discussion. I am very happy to hear that the both of you have buried the hatchet and looking forward to reading reports/discussions involving the two of you.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

This is a nothing story.

Nadia is the most sane and grounded Avs fan there is.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Let's not allow this to get lost in this discussion. I am very happy to hear that the both of you have buried the hatchet and looking forward to reading reports/discussions involving the two of you.

I can only speak to my side of it.

Before COVID shut everything down in mid-March, I reached out to her privately both on here and one other platform and offered a sincere apology, no strings attached. Just me owning up to mistakes I made in the past. I don't believe I offered any form of an excuse, because whatever was going on in my life at the time is something I should have had a handle on (and it would have been easy to make excuses, a lot of shit was going on in my life), but ultimately I viewed offering up excuses as a way to not take full ownership of MY wrongdoing.

Regardless, she accepted and I consider her a friend. Will we always agree on everything? No, but that's life, and we can disagree while remaining friends. Hell, we were even wishing each other safe travels as my pending trip to Denver to watch the Avs on 3/13 was hanging in the balance for the majority of that week, as was her plan to watch their home game the following Sunday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Murzu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad