News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I call BS on not talking to players outside of a professional setting... all media talks to the players and get chummy with some. There is a professional line that you don't print everything that is said that shouldn't ever be crossed. But chatting them up, happens all the damn time.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I call BS on not talking to players outside of a professional setting... all media talks to the players and get chummy with some. There is a professional line that you don't print everything that is said that shouldn't ever be crossed. But chatting them up, happens all the damn time.

What's said in the cab stays in the cab?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
You'd think the other two would have to come to a resolution soon, or they will be losing business to DirecTV. They're too greedy, they won't like losing customers.

One of my dads friends has a connection to comcast and they said the only reason that the standoff is happening is because all 3 contracts ended at the same time. I would assume all 3 are fine with the same contract and that the others will follow suit shortly.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
I as a Comcast subscriber don’t like that they say we urge all fans to switch to Direct TV... doesn’t sound like they are all gonna follow suit.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
I as a Comcast subscriber don’t like that they say we urge all fans to switch to Direct TV... doesn’t sound like they are all gonna follow suit.
It's likely Altitude said that to throw a bone to DirecTV for being first, and to put extra pressure on Comcast and Dish to follow suit.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

I don't know if you listened the podcast but he'd not just straight up lie like that on this topic. Heck, some players are probably listening and I don't think he wants to be known as a liar (that's far worse than extrapolating).

He said that other journalists talk to athletes off the record but never does it. He went on a rant about not being able to do his job correctly if he did but I didn't necessarily buy this part. It's possible that he's just shy.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I seriously doubt the players are listening to AJ's podcasts.

Players are regular young men who grew up with the internet. I guarantee that many of them read threads here, Twitter and all that stuff. If Graves found out about AJ's tweet, no doubt that players would find out if he lied on the podcast.

Babel Salamander

Oct 9, 2017
They are regular young men on the internet, sure, but they are not fans, this is what they do for a living. There might be a few players who check out this board, but if you don't think 90% of the chatter here doesn't look hopelessly stupid to people who know a lot more about what is going on with the team, I don't know what to tell you. Same deal with the podcast. I'm sure players would be more likely to listen to something like Spittin Chiclets.

Reactions: tbassler

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm glad for all you peeps in Colorado, at least those who have DirecTV can now watch the games.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
They are regular young men on the internet, sure, but they are not fans, this is what they do for a living. There might be a few players who check out this board, but if you don't think 90% of the chatter here doesn't look hopelessly stupid to people who know a lot more about what is going on with the team, I don't know what to tell you. Same deal with the podcast. I'm sure players would be more likely to listen to something like Spittin Chiclets.

I'm not saying they listen religiously but AJ knows that if he'd lie about stuff like that players would find out. As for the rest, yes a lot of NHLers listen to Spittin Chiclets and most players read what people have to say about them on the internet. Their family do it, too.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
I am going to my cabin TODAY for a week and have DirecTV, but no internet there. Needless to say, I am EXTREMELY EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very much expected I was going to miss 4 games.

Reactions: Lemonlimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad