News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Great book, everything else Dater related is horrible. But he has a weird cult following on Twitter so what do I know!

I couldn't believe the number of spelling and grammatical errors in Blood-Feud. It drove me crazy even though I really enjoyed the stories.

Reactions: Foppberg

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Sounds like a jab at BSN

He is just so damn unprofessional and just takes jabs at anyone at random right now. Like yesterday he called out sbnation out of the blue?

Why are you actively making enemies and burning bridges in the media? What's the upside?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I like BSN, but only for the podcast. I wouldn’t have paid them a dime if it wasn’t for the podcast, and I seldom read anything on their webpage, despite being a subscriber. Do they even send anyone to away games these days?

They don't even go to practices these days

jkVBzQv.png

Reactions: shadow1

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
They don't even go to practices these days

jkVBzQv.png

Yikes. Concerned about their long term health, though not going to practices seems like more of a “lazy” thing than a “not having money” thing, unless BSN staff is hourly.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Blood Feud is the only reason Dater gets any traction in a world where regional newspapers have no impact and are relics of the past (which he would have been employed at in decades past). I get some light hearted banter at your competition, but Dater just screams insecurity and being unable to keep up with the demands of a new age of reporting.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
BSN does go to practices.

TMV was there yesterday, and I'm pretty sure he's there today.

Have no idea what Dater is getting at here. Maybe trying to dig at AJ for not going to practices, but he's the Editor-in-Chief for BSN Avalanche, they now have other people on the payroll to do the daily beat work, and he can focus on the stuff an EiC does.

Reactions: RobinDIF

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
BSN does go to practices.

TMV was there yesterday, and I'm pretty sure he's there today.

Have no idea what Dater is getting at here. Maybe trying to dig at AJ for not going to practices, but he's the Editor-in-Chief for BSN Avalanche, they now have other people on the payroll to do the daily beat work, and he can focus on the stuff an EiC does.
Evan Rawal reports from practice every time they have one.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Altitude TV on Avalanche, Nuggets blackouts: 'We don't feel like we're getting anywhere' | Paul Klee

Denver folks got a break when Altitude TV partnered with KTVD to broadcast Friday's Nuggets home opener at Pepsi Center on local TV — in the Denver metro area. A source said Altitude TV also plans to announce an upcoming Avs game will be broadcast locally in the same manner — in the Denver metro area.

Don't know if it will help anyone but this was the top comment at the end of the article:

David Bryana day ago
Paul, StratusIQ, a local Cable and Internet provider has a contract with Altitude sports and is carrying the Nuggets and Avalanche games on its network! Our customers (I'm an employee) are not impacted by the contract dispute between Altitude sports and the big CATV providers. It's not too late to sign up for service from StratusIQ and catch the Nuggets and Avs this season.
It looks like StatusIQ is a phone, internet, TV service provider. Here's a link to their site: https://stratusiq.com/residential-services/

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Dater and AJ are more alike than they are different. No reason to take pot shots at colleagues and former partners on twitter, but they both do it all the time.

All it does is lose them credibility for being unprofessional.
When were they ever professional? Both are just children with a bank account.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Don't know if it will help anyone but this was the top comment at the end of the article:

David Bryana day ago
Paul, StratusIQ, a local Cable and Internet provider has a contract with Altitude sports and is carrying the Nuggets and Avalanche games on its network! Our customers (I'm an employee) are not impacted by the contract dispute between Altitude sports and the big CATV providers. It's not too late to sign up for service from StratusIQ and catch the Nuggets and Avs this season.
It looks like StatusIQ is a phone, internet, TV service provider. Here's a link to their site: https://stratusiq.com/residential-services/

Seems like it’s for people located in the springs.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017

David Bryana day ago

Stratus serves maybe a few hundred to low thousands of homes on the outskirts of Monument and east of Colorado springs.

There's several new Fiber players slowly rolling out over the next few years (like Ting in my neighborhood), but right now the coverage beyond the big 3 in Denver metro is really, really poor.

Reactions: Lemonlimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad