Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'd have so much more respect for her if she went to the NHL network as opposed to the lame ass MLB

You do realize that both networks are owned and run by the same entity and many of the hosts do double-duty on both channels...? I mean...I dunno, I wouldn't blame her either way. She's likely getting a pretty lucrative deal. Good for her.

I'm still convinced she's taking over for Jamie Hersch at NHL Network (but Hersch also does a lot of stuff in the summer for MLB) so you'll likely see plenty of her in hockey still.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Nope, and I don't really care. Does Katty Tap do double-duty for baseball?

I don't know who that is. The only host I know of who does MLB Network and is never found on NHL is Heidi Watney. Everyone else essentially works year-round. So again, I don't think it really matters. You'll see plenty of her (if indeed that's where she's going).

jvcjdudu jcycyxjene

Nov 11, 2014
Denver
I don't know who that is. The only host I know of who does MLB Network and is never found on NHL is Heidi Watney. Everyone else essentially works year-round. So again, I don't think it really matters. You'll see plenty of her (if indeed that's where she's going).
Katty Tap = Kathryn Tappen

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Oh boy...here goes another thread derailment. Not like this particular subject isn't a little more prone to it...

Anyway, they appear to be working Alexis in slowly, just limiting her to interview spots only. I'll be shocked if they end up picking someone else but whatever.

The national broadcast was painful to watch, especially given the fact they decided to broadcast on-location way up Patrick Kane's butt. Much as I dig "Katty Tap" as some are wont to call her, I don't understand the full-on hate people have for Moser, especially when compared to this garbage.

On a side note, Keith Jones deserves better.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I’ve never heard of DAZN. Is she also doing something else or is that it? Seems like a streaming show would be a step down.

Edit: Nevermind, I see now that it’s MLB and NHL network too. Yeah. That makes sense.

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

Gotta love that Ryan Clark scoops Altitude on this.

Just kidding, but still nice to see an official story about it.

Best luck to her. We didn't deserve her....we deserve Julie without makeup...because we hired Granato to be our HC twice..not once, but twice. f*** me.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
For some reason, folks still dislike Moser around here...but this was an great quote from him for Clark....

“What you see is what you get with Lauren Gardner,” Moser said. “What you see as a person comes through in her broadcast. I think people are going to fall in love with her genuineness and her good heart and I think that people are going to embrace her. And if they don’t, we’re going to have to kick America’s butt.”
Fair winds and following seas LG.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Was just reading that Colborne article.

It explains a lot. He was really bad for us in 16/17 but I dont think we ever had the full scoop on the injury issues he was battling through. And then the concussion is a scary read, eerily similar to what Crosby went through and what Timmins sounds like he's going through. At this point your really just hope these guys are able to live healthy lives going forward, hockey comes second. Even with Timmins at this point I'm sure the hope is still that he can get back to playing hockey going into next year but if not you hope he can live a healthy life if nothing else.

Concussions are definitely the most serious injury in sports and damn scary to go through.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The good news, I suppose, is that he comes from money and made quite a bit of it on his own so he's at least set financially. I feel bad for slagging him mercilessly before, I've had rampant back issues for roughly 20 years and I don't wish the pain with a slipped disc on anyone. I've never experienced worse pain. And then the concussion hit after that...yikes.

I don't know if they corrected it yet but I pointed out to them that they referred to Joe's last team as the "San Antonia Ramage." I guess Duhatschek may have typed this one up on his phone or tablet...? :laugh:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
DAZN is throwing money around left and right. Wouldn't be surprised if they gave her a nice little chunk of change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln