News Article: Colorado Avalanche Media Coverage Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

armedequation

Mar 1, 2019
And those young men need to learn that three-play is better than two-lay and sometimes you are just better off leaving your hand with a little something at the end of the night. Seriously, Julie was terrible and seemed made every single little video cringe worthy. She might very well be a nice person but every video she did with the AVs made her come across as a skank. Not a good look for her or the team.

Tbh i dont know who she is. Thanks to this place i just found out that i could live stream the games, before that i just had radio of them. My comment was just me being a smarta**

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Vic is hands down one of the best sportscasters the state of Colorado has ever had. And he's perfectly fine covering the Avs even though he was brought in specifically for Nuggets broadcasts. Mind you, I don't think the history of Denver sports coverage has been amazingly stellar, but there have been more than a couple standouts.

So sad to be seeing (from a distance) what a f***ing tabloid-level joke 104.3 The Fan has become. They used to have stellar Avs coverage. Now they're still acting butthurt about losing Avs/Nuggets rights with sideshow antics.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
So sad to be seeing (from a distance) what a ****ing tabloid-level joke 104.3 The Fan has become. They used to have stellar Avs coverage. Now they're still acting ******** about losing Avs/Nuggets rights with sideshow antics.
Can you expand on this whole thing? The last time I listened to Denver radio was when The Fan had active coverage, so I don't know what's going on.

dionisus1122

Jun 30, 2016
Vic is just a fill-in with LG departing - and it is fine because Vic is very talented. Yeah, his passion is the Nuggets, but he is just in a temporary role, so no biggie.

I do wish Altitude could get a former hockey player to come do local radio. It would be nice to have someone who can talk more technically about the sport. They talk Avs some, but outside of Moser, no one is really an expert so the talks don't last long or go too deep and mostly stick around with a 'Rah-Rah' shtick. Compare that to the advanced stats and strategy discussions we get about the Nuggets, and it is night and day.

Reactions: Pokecheque

dionisus1122

Jun 30, 2016
Can you expand on this whole thing? The last time I listened to Denver radio was when The Fan had active coverage, so I don't know what's going on.

followed up by this today:

Mostly they just exist to troll Avalanche fans, to be honest. They wait for the team to have a down slide, and then jump all over them with 'trade everyone, fire everyone, Denver has terrible fans' pronouncements. Last year I got in an argument with Mike Evans because Mike thought the Avs should trade Makar and other prospects for someone to help us in the playoffs. I tried to explain to him the Avs weren't at the stage, and it turned into a whole thing.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I finally had to unfollow Evans. He was reaching self-parody levels of ridiculousness. I like Schlereth for football takes but this is just asinine, and tries to play it like he's being attacked for making one little comment. No, Mark...you were going out of your way to troll a fanbase, they responded, and now you're acting like they overreacted. Again, this is just more of The Fan's M.O. I'm sure they'll top it again this year by inserting themselves into another Broncos-related controversy.

Everyone's better off following Schlereth's daughters Alex and Avery anyway.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

followed up by this today:

Mostly they just exist to troll Avalanche fans, to be honest. They wait for the team to have a down slide, and then jump all over them with 'trade everyone, fire everyone, Denver has terrible fans' pronouncements. Last year I got in an argument with Mike Evans because Mike thought the Avs should trade Makar and other prospects for someone to help us in the playoffs. I tried to explain to him the Avs weren't at the stage, and it turned into a whole thing.

That's weird. So is that because the hockey stuff is now all on Altitude Radio, or what? Seems self-destructive.

Also, OT but can I ask, why is this not the first time I've seen Dionysus referenced in a nickname in an online context? Is there a gaming reference or something that I'm missing? Because Dionysus isn't like a particularly badass Greek god by my understanding, so what's up?

Reactions: dionisus1122

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That's weird. So is that because the hockey stuff is now all on Altitude Radio, or what? Seems self-destructive.

Also, OT but can I ask, why is this not the first time I've seen Dionysus referenced in a nickname in an online context? Is there a gaming reference or something that I'm missing? Because Dionysus isn't like a particularly badass Greek god by my understanding, so what's up?

Dude, he's the party god, he's all kinds of badass! Almost as badass as Ukko! :sarcasm:

They're just hellbent on telling everyone that the Broncos are the only sports scene that matters, and anyone who disagrees is an irrational ignoramus. On top of that they essentially engineered an idiotic feud between Marquette King and D-Mac to stoke the flames like some cheap reality show.

AJ is having none of it, much as they claim to give the Avs the light of day, they've sent NO ONE to cover the Avs, and he pretty much said that Sandy Clough would be the only guy there who'd know where to even go if they did send someone to The Can.

Reactions: dionisus1122

dionisus1122

Jun 30, 2016

When I was a kid, online games were starting to become a thing. I played a game called Starsiege: Tribes and I used Achilles as my handle because I thought it was awesome. It started getting hard to find that handle however, so I was mulling over a change. Then I moved to a competitive clan called enDless, and everyone had a handle starting with D, so I picked Dionysus (Dionysus.enD) as a teenager amused by God of partying (more or less). That handle was also hard to find as time went on, so I replaced the Y with and I.... And then that got harder, so I typed some numbers one time when registering, and haven't had a problem with the handle since Now I am middle aged guy and use this handle cause it is a username I can remember, even if corny.

As far as the ontopic comment.... They get roasted pretty hard on social media for their 'no off-season to talk Broncos' stuff, so I think they are just leaning into it.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
I keep saying it again and again, but Altitude 92.5 is the only Sports Station in town. They aren't perfect, but all of the shows are entertaining, and it's the only place you'll find any Avs, Nuggets, or Rockies talk. Plus, Ryan S Clark is on all the time and gives great Avs analysis. They're doing remotes from the Can for the games and giving away tickets. I don't understand how anyone wastes their time listening to that station up the dial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad