Confirmed with Link: Colin white signed to ELC

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I have a hard time calling this his rookie season. It just doesnt feel like it. But man he is a really good player.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
White, Smith, Tierney face offs tonight..
Sj1I9V.jpg

This tells us overall White was the worst of the 3; However . He was the best in the Ozone, 2nd to Tierney in the Dzone, and lagged behind in the neutral zone draws.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Colin White is quietly having himself quite a good rookie season, 25 pts in 39 games for a rookie is certainly decent half way through the yr. He could end up with a 50 pt yr which could really be something in an otherwise crappy yr. Along with Chabot who was right up their with the best defencemen in the league this yr, has turned out to be two good 1st rd picks from the same draft.

Tkachuk has 20 pts & could end up in the 40s which is also quite good considering all the other things this kid does. And then Ottawa has Harpur, Jaros, Lajoie, Paul, Hogberg, Rodewald, Wolanin, Batherson & Formenton who have all looked good at the NHL level & Chlapik, Brown, Balcers & Gustavsson in the AHL & Norris & JBD in college. Clearly not all of these prospects will turn out, but if even half do that could be enough to move this team into contention someday soon.

Reactions: Alf Silfversson

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Colin White is quietly having himself quite a good rookie season, 25 pts in 39 games for a rookie is certainly decent half way through the yr. He could end up with a 50 pt yr which could really be something in an otherwise crappy yr. Along with Chabot who was right up their with the best defencemen in the league this yr, has turned out to be two good 1st rd picks from the same draft.

Tkachuk has 20 pts & could end up in the 40s which is also quite good considering all the other things this kid does. And then Ottawa has Harpur, Jaros, Lajoie, Paul, Hogberg, Rodewald, Wolanin, Batherson & Formenton who have all looked good at the NHL level & Chlapik, Brown, Balcers & Gustavsson in the AHL & Norris & JBD in college. Clearly not all of these prospects will turn out, but if even half do that could be enough to move this team into contention someday soon.
I always pumped White's tires. He reminds me a lot of Dylan Larkin.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I always pumped White's tires. He reminds me a lot of Dylan Larkin.
He's already turning out to be a much better player than most thought he would before the yr started & he is a loot faster than I thought he was. He just needs to stay healthy, knock on wood.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Since being drafted, i've been a Colin White fans. Always have been saying that i won't be surprise if he end up our 2nd C who play around 19-20 min a game in all situation.

He is producing like I have been expecting.

I said several years ago that I thought White and Stone together could be vety good. ( P.S. I added Smith to them at the time, shame on me. But he just had his 25g season lol )

He has shown to have a good vision. He seem to be a better puck distributer. Especially for the one time Chaboom. He obviously still need to get stronger. And he will need to work on his shot.

He was good on faceoff to start the seasonbut i feel he is almost always trying the same thing. Experience matter in the dot.

He has shown to be well position defensively and he break up a lot of plays. Especially on backcheck. That's one of the way that we have noticed his wheel.

I hope and pray for him to become a monster like a Kopitar/Bergeron in term of 2 way machine. I don't expect him to be good like them offensively hence why I believe he will be a very good 2nd line center.

If he can get 60+ pts per year( playing with the right players ) while playing shutdown against top line. That would be fantastic.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Harpur and Lajoie are number 5s at best. Paul is a 4th liner at most, Formenton a 3rd, same with Chalpik.

I don't mean to be a downer: Batherson, Brown and Balcers have top 6 potential. I just think it's good to keep expectations in check: we have a good prospect pool but very little top end.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Harpur and Lajoie are number 5s at best. Paul is a 4th liner at most, Formenton a 3rd, same with Chalpik.

I don't mean to be a downer: Batherson, Brown and Balcers have top 6 potential. I just think it's good to keep expectations in check: we have a good prospect pool but very little top end.

How is Lajoie a 5 at best? lol. He’s a 5 right now and played like a 3-4 at the beginning of the season...

And how is Formenton just 3rd liner? His ceiling is definitely higher than that. Same with Chlapik.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
How is Lajoie a 5 at best? lol. He’s a 5 right now and played like a 3-4 at the beginning of the season...

And how is Formenton just 3rd liner? His ceiling is definitely higher than that. Same with Chlapik.
Agree. Formenton, Chlapik and Lajoie are going to be good.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Agree. Formenton, Chlapik and Lajoie are going to be good.

I never said they weren't going to be good.

You still need good depth players. Depth is usually what wins (since the top teams are all top heavy); I just don't think Lajoie, Chalpik or Formenton are going to be top 4 or 6 guys. Doesn't mean I'm unhappy with them or that I wish we had drafted somebody else.

Just that I don't think we are in a position to believe we are set. We need more top end becauae I think Brown is our only top end prospect and he has big question marks in terms of work ethic and injury history.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
With all the crap the coaching staff has put him through glad to see that he is having a great year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad