Confirmed with Link: Colin white signed to ELC

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
He sounded pretty positive, so it is a huge bonus for him and the team as he has been playing well.

I really didn't see this coming , glad I am wrong. Not saying he is a superstar, but man, Pierre McGuire would not shut up about his potential and how good he is. Looks like he may be right!

I wouldn't bet on him being a superstar, but if he can become a Derek Brassard/Logan Couture-esque solid 2 way 50-60 pt player who always seems to shine in the playoffs, I'll be thrilled. And he still seems to have that as a likely upside from what we see to date. Just injuries slowing him down.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I wouldn't bet on him being a superstar, but if he can become a Derek Brassard/Logan Couture-esque solid 2 way 50-60 pt player who always seems to shine in the playoffs, I'll be thrilled. And he still seems to have that as a likely upside from what we see to date. Just injuries slowing him down.

Yes. if he becomes a 50-point 2nd liner, that's a huge win for the organization.

Still a bit early to call, but he has shown a lot of good things this season. Fingers crossed.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He sounded pretty positive, so it is a huge bonus for him and the team as he has been playing well.

I really didn't see this coming , glad I am wrong. Not saying he is a superstar, but man, Pierre McGuire would not shut up about his potential and how good he is. Looks like he may be right!

I remember Pierre raving about him at the WJC..... going on about how he was going to be a PITA to play against and Sens fans going to love him...he's looked great so far this year...I look back on Pierre's comments and the reality is if you have a "PITA" game you gotta be a man to play it and I think it just took some time for White to mature. He's looked great. And I think him and Tkachuk are going to make for an interesting pair

Reactions: stempniaksen

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I've always been a White fan and never understood when people were down on him before the season began. He's a very smart player and he needs to be out there and able to make mistakes and learn without worrying about getting sent down. As soon as the team told him he could find a place in town he got more and more dominant.

He's a guy that was trusted by team USA to play on a line with Patrick Kane and that played on Auston Matthews line at WJC. He's already a much better than average player all around. This season he came in stronger, he's wider on his skates and protects the puck really well. He's in good position to put the puck in the net.

He's the real deal. Too smart of a player to be a grinder like Lazar.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Hoping White will be a good player? He already is.

9pGAbYn.png

Evolving-Hockey

Also check out Duchene this year.

Last edited:

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Is it relative to the team or the league?
I should have indicated that, those are the top forwards in the nhl by Gar. Powerplay scoring adds alot of extra value to our players compared to last year. White leads the team in power play goals right now.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I should have indicated that, those are the top forwards in the nhl by Gar. Powerplay scoring adds alot of extra value to our players compared to last year. White leads the team in power play goals right now.

Not for long Boucher has looked at those stats and is wondering how to get Pyatt or Smith more PP time.. White's been off the PP for a few games now. NYR Boucher played his line on the PP , his 1st PP shift in a while

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I still want to see how he plays when he doesn't have Stone on his line, but he has definitely quieted the worries I had about him last year. If we can re-sign Duchene, our C depth is going to be great:

Duchene - White - Chlapik - Pageau - Tierney. Smith/Paul as 4th line C. With Brown coming up next year hopefully.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
With Stone and Tkachuk, White could be the equivalent to a top line C in terms of production.

If we can keep Duchene then we are so very set down the middle for the short-term. Like when we had Spezza and Turris.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Kid is hard on pucks and really works his ass off along the boards,also noticed he has a bit of an edge in him...Thinking we may just have filled that number 2 slot

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I've always been a White fan and never understood when people were down on him before the season began. He's a very smart player and he needs to be out there and able to make mistakes and learn without worrying about getting sent down. As soon as the team told him he could find a place in town he got more and more dominant.

He's a guy that was trusted by team USA to play on a line with Patrick Kane and that played on Auston Matthews line at WJC. He's already a much better than average player all around. This season he came in stronger, he's wider on his skates and protects the puck really well. He's in good position to put the puck in the net.

He's the real deal. Too smart of a player to be a grinder like Lazar.

Shame it never worked out for Lazar. Thought he was going to be a less offensive version of Tkachuk. Like a 15-15 guy that was a huge pest but not dirty and that boosted team morale and cohesion.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Seeing how fast (and good) this guy looks so far maybe those comparisons to Bergeron weren't far off.

Bergeron might be a lofty comparison, if only because the guy is one of the elite defensive forwards in the game. White is obviously a good 2-way player, but I'm not sure it's fair to assume he can get to that level. I've always seen White as a Chris Drury type of player. Not sure he'll ever flirt with 70 points like Drury did on occasion, but the rest of the game checks out to me.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

He is third on that list in PP GAR, behind only Bergeron and Pastrnak. Very, very impressive.

Bergeron might be a lofty comparison, if only because the guy is one of the elite defensive forwards in the game. White is obviously a good 2-way player, but I'm not sure it's fair to assume he can get to that level. I've always seen White as a Chris Drury type of player. Not sure he'll ever flirt with 70 points like Drury did on occasion, but the rest of the game checks out to me.

When you consider the fact that Drury only finished top 50 in scoring twice - 34th (1999-2000) and 47th (2006-2007) - I think the comparison becomes slightly less lofty. The 69 points Drury posted in 2006-2007 would have been top 20 in every season from 13/14 - 16/17 and top 30 all the way back to 2010-2011 (not counting last season).

Last edited:
Reactions: solidprospect

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I still want to see how he plays when he doesn't have Stone on his line, but he has definitely quieted the worries I had about him last year. If we can re-sign Duchene, our C depth is going to be great:

Duchene - White - Chlapik - Pageau - Tierney. Smith/Paul as 4th line C. With Brown coming up next year hopefully.

I remember a game or two before he was moved up he actually made Pyattarvi look decent and was thinking that he getting the hang of it.

Now, playing with Stone is best case scenario. You have Duchene with a future stud, and Stone with the other two!

Reactions: DrEasy

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Yeah. It'd have to be a grand slam home run for White to top out at Bergeron's level. Very unlikely that ANY player entering the league ends up as impactful as Patrice Bergeron. I'm just seeing more and more why the two were compared.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->