Confirmed with Link: Colin white signed to ELC

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I have a hard time calling this his rookie season. It just doesnt feel like it. But man he is a really good player.

I think the threshold is 25 games played in a previous season, or perhaps seasons combined.

Prior to this season White only had played in 23 NHL games, meaning he is still a "rookie" this season.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Hopefully they call up Logan Brown and give him a taste. He's got respectable numbers for an AHL rookie (15 pts in 24 games), and seeing what he can do far outweighs having Archibald or Casey get minutes.

I'd like to see a Tkachuk - Brown - Stone line.

Too bad Boucher would never do it.

Reactions: aragorn

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Hopefully they call up Logan Brown and give him a taste. He's got respectable numbers for an AHL rookie (15 pts in 24 games), and seeing what he can do far outweighs having Archibald or Casey get minutes.

Respectfully disagree - Brown has been start & stop this year due to injuries...heck for the last couple of years really.

I would prefer he stays down, stays healthy and gets lot of minutes while getting accustomed to playing against men in a pro environment...plus Belleville needs some good players too, they are getting pillaged recently.

Very happy it is, "just" a shoulder for White and not a head injury...someone else mentioned it too but that hook is what caused him to be so vulnerable on that play, just bad luck.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Meh, White saw it the hit coming and he just hoped for the best. His body was a bit opened up as well which wasn't ideal. (maybe from the initial contact/hook?) Sometimes you have to just let the other guy hammer the boards and give up possession of the puck and try to get it back. No point being a hero and serving yourself up on a platter for someone to make a highlight reel hit. Hopefully he learned his lesson and the injury isn't too severe. Even in a boxing match the rule is 'protect yourself at all times'.

rajiabu

Aug 27, 2012
With White now back where do see him playing the remainder of the season?
I know before Pageau got injured at start of season White was expect to play RW. So now that Pageau is healthy do we see White as RW or does he stay as C on the 2nd line

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I know before Pageau got injured at start of season White was expect to play RW. So now that Pageau is healthy do we see White as RW or does he stay as C on the 2nd line

I hope at C. I have a feeling that we're gonna make a deal either before or right after the ASG, but assuming we don't, I'd personally run:

18-95-9
7-36-61
71-44-38
89-15-13

72-2
86-5
58-83

But we know Boucher isn't gonna take out 74 or 56 so..... I can see Boucher running this:

18-95-9
7-71-61
15-44-36 (shutdown line)
89- -56

72-2
74-5
58-83

rajiabu

Aug 27, 2012
I hope at C. I have a feeling that we're gonna make a deal either before or right after the ASG, but assuming we don't, I'd personally run:

18-95-9
7-36-61
71-44-38
89-15-13

72-2
86-5
58-83

But we know Boucher isn't gonna take out 74 or 56 so..... I can see Boucher running this:

18-95-9
7-71-61
15-44-36 (shutdown line)
89- -56

72-2
74-5
58-83

For the non Ottawa fan I have no clue who wears what number but cheers anyway

Reactions: Peptic Balcers

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
imo - slide White back on a line with Stone on teh second line. Pageau to the third line C role. Tierney to LW. I understand having the additional RW helps smooth out the lines, but I would rather see White develop at C.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

OD99

Oct 13, 2012

Even after JGP was back White stayed at C and that is his position going forward.

He has upped his FO ability and was a very good pivot for Brady and Stone so have to believe that line goes right back together.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Even after JGP was back White stayed at C and that is his position going forward.

He has upped his FO ability and was a very good pivot for Brady and Stone so have to believe that line goes right back together.

Yeah, that line without White hasn't been as good. I'm surprised as I thought Stone was the main driving factor there, but looks like White has a decent amount of impact as well. Impressive.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yeah, that line without White hasn't been as good. I'm surprised as I thought Stone was the main driving factor there, but looks like White has a decent amount of impact as well. Impressive.
I think as much as anything , their playing styles fit each other. Whole vs sum of the parts thing.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think as much as anything , their playing styles fit each other. Whole vs sum of the parts thing.

Seems like White is sort of like Stone. He does make every line a bit better. I thought he fit very well last year alongside Hoffman and Duchene. But alas.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
do you guys ever see him being a contributor on the penalty kill? is he a strong two way player?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->