Confirmed with Link: Colin white signed to ELC

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Thats a pretty odd comparison. White surpassed Eller's career high in points in his rookie season. Pretty few and far between to find NHLers that had their best offensive seasons in their rookie year. I think it is far more likely that White improves on his numbers as time rolls on. Maybe he has a sophomore slump, maybe not. But i think it's pretty reasonable to expect several seasons out of White above has 41 points from this year.

I like White, away from Stone I don’t think he does as well points wise. But I hope he does.

I see him as his career gets going as being that shut down 2-way 3rd line player and he takes on more D responsibility then O, and that’ll effect his production.

If he become a 50-60 point center then even better. But I see him as a 5 on 5 and PK guy, assignment guy who takes on the responsibility of being the coaches go to guy.

Reactions: topshelf15

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Paajarvi and Lindberg are not offence first players in the Nhl. Duclair is a bIt of a different case and he is likely to improve on his rookie totals. White looks to me like he will have a long career. His playing 1C was a minority of his season and his numbers were tracking at 40 points more or less all year
Paajarvi was expected to be an offence first player , he just didn't turn out that way. In fact he was regarded more highly in that regard than white was.

I'm playing devils advocate here as i think white will be fine but he is not without risk particularly if expectations are for a top 6 center. I could still see him having a similar role long term as pageau which would likely hurt his production

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Paajarvi was expected to be an offence first player , he just didn't turn out that way. In fact he was regarded more highly in that regard than white was.

I'm playing devils advocate here as i think white will be fine but he is not without risk particularly if expectations are for a top 6 center. I could still see him having a similar role long term as pageau which would likely hurt his production

if white takes on a JG Pageau role that is a good thing for us because it means we have 2 centres more able to put up point's

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
if white takes on a JG Pageau role that is a good thing for us because it means we have 2 centres more able to put up point's
Or 2 centers capable of similar production but without the defensive ability.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think White's emergence as a 200' player who is hard to play against & very good defensively could mean Pageau is expendable especially since he will be a UFA next season & they will have Teirny around too. Brown, Chlapik, Smith, Paul & maybe Norris could all be in the mix next season for roster spots at centre.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I think White's emergence as a 200' player who is hard to play against & very good defensively could mean Pageau is expendable especially since he will be a UFA next season & they will have Teirny around too. Brown, Chlapik, Smith, Paul & maybe Norris could all be in the mix next season for roster spots at centre.
Paul is never going to make this team. You need to let that go.

Reactions: gab6511

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
You've been pencilling him into the roster for like the last 3 years. He didn't make it with the worst centre depth in the league. I don't think it's ever going to happen.
It would be amazing if he figured it out up here. But I have major doubts, but they will give him every opportunity in September.

Will. He. Seize.It.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
You've been pencilling him into the roster for like the last 3 years. He didn't make it with the worst centre depth in the league. I don't think it's ever going to happen.
I think we'll see at training camp whether he can make this team or not. If he doesn't make it I believe he will have to go through waivers to go back to Belleville, while I doubt with s many on waivers at that time that he will get picked up he should still have another shot at it. We'll see.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
It would be amazing if he figured it out up here. But I have major doubts, but they will give him every opportunity in September.

Will. He. Seize.It.
I hope he does because he has the size and speed to be a great 4th line centre. But I think he needs to be a bit more abusive. He plays like a 6'5 p***ycat.

Reactions: Cosmix

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I hope he does because he has the size and speed to be a great 4th line centre. But I think he needs to be a bit more abusive. He plays like a 6'5 p***ycat.
Hardest shot. Fastest skater. Between the ears needs work!

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
What kind of contract does White get this summer. Has Dorion seen enough of him to give him a 5 or 6 year contract or does he get bridged?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
What kind of contract does White get this summer. Has Dorion seen enough of him to give him a 5 or 6 year contract or does he get bridged?

I can’t imagine White giving up any of his UFA years at this point, nor do I think Ottawa would offer enough to entice him to do so.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

It wouldn't be the worst idea to lock him up long term if he is willing to go 7-8 years for 4.75ish ala Tuch.

We still pay him the same thing salary wise over the next 2 years regardless of whether we bridge him or not.

With where the cap and contracts will be 4 years from now, he could please be a great asset locked down at that cap hit, even if he is only a 40-45 point two way center who plays hard and never becomes a big scorer. That kind of C will cost 6M+ on the open market 4 years from now.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
I think I'd be willing to lock him up very long term if he would sign at a reasonable number. My only concern, and it could be nothing, is he did seem to get banged up a number of times last season. I'm sure he'll be fine and have a good career, but that's the only thing at this point that would really give me pause about Colin White longterm.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
It wouldn't be the worst idea to lock him up long term if he is willing to go 7-8 years for 4.75ish ala Tuch.

We still pay him the same thing salary wise over the next 2 years regardless of whether we bridge him or not.

With where the cap and contracts will be 4 years from now, he could please be a great asset locked down at that cap hit, even if he is only a 40-45 point two way center who plays hard and never becomes a big scorer. That kind of C will cost 6M+ on the open market 4 years from now.
I feel like a similar argument could have been (and was) made for that other promising young Colin we had.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I feel like a similar argument could have been (and was) made for that other promising young Colin we had.

That isn't a real argument though.

I can list players we would have been better off with going max term, and you can list ones we wouldn't. It's not really an argument as it relates to whether or not we should go long term with White.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018

This is exactly what I want. 5-8 yrs @ 4-4.75m

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I can’t imagine White giving up any of his UFA years at this point, nor do I think Ottawa would offer enough to entice him to do so.
For a guy that’s only played 94 NHL games, you don’t think he’d be tempted to lock down a contract in the neighbourhood of 6 years 28 million if it was offered? At this point in his career he’s earned what, a little over a million?

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
It's weird that we don't really have any insight into what the Senators are planning to do with White. I guess they're devoting all their time to getting Cody Franchise locked up for 8 years first.

Given the way they've handled RFA's lately I'd lean toward thinking they'll bridge him.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
It's weird that we don't really have any insight into what the Senators are planning to do with White. I guess they're devoting all their time to getting Cody Franchise locked up for 8 years first.

Given the way they've handled RFA's lately I'd lean toward thinking they'll bridge him.

There is no rush with White because he is not able to be signed to an offer sheet.

You are probably right that they bridge him. This team has not signed a player long-term since Ryan.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Seems asinine to bridge this kid, but that's what I'm expecting given the Sens recent history with RFA's (and contracts in general). This team was at their best when BM had the foresight to lock up his young core to team friendly deals (Karlsson and Turris specifically). I have no idea why they wouldn't do everything in their power to replicate that with White and Chabot this summer. IF FYOUS is gonna be real, having cost certainty with your top D and 2C (and knowing they'll be around, in general) would be a major bonus.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
That isn't a real argument though.

I can list players we would have been better off with going max term, and you can list ones we wouldn't. It's not really an argument as it relates to whether or not we should go long term with White.
I think greening holds up fairly well as an argument for not going long term in general. I often think i'd rather pay full market price on the right type of players on exclusively shorter deals. I realize that's logistically not easy to do, but for every player we get at 1M below market value, we seem to have two boat anchors making $2-3M more than they're worth.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad