Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Sid walks into Montreal and stone cold stuns them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I'd like to propose something I call Shift Sharing and I believe to be the solution to the Phil problem.

What happens is, any time the puck leaves the offensive zone, Phil jumps off for a defensive F. As soon as the puck leaves the D zone, Phil jumps back on for said F. It requires guys skating hard to change and jumping off opposite ends of the bench.

:sarcasm:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yes but even more so right now with Phil playing like ass.

God's ain truth. Man I miss the Phil that started the season.

More like some of the fans are.

A little yeah. I feel like in the worry over how tight things are people are missing that we're being pretty consistent with results. Only lost 2 regulation games in last 10. Another 10 game span like that and we can unwind a little.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So Dumo may be coming back within the next 1-2 weeks (maybe, who knows really). If so what are the D pairing then?
Tang isn't even skating yet so... he won't be back yet since it's probably back / neck related.
Ruh and OM are out probably for the year.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
If McCann just randomly became a defensively conscious top six winger option that’d be pretty unreal.

At the same time we lost Rust so that's big for us. Altho we need him back since we are back to square one trying to find that winger for Geno(Rust was with Sid..now McCann).

Cant we have both? How long is Rust out?

And not saying Pearson was lighting it up but I think hes better suited for the playoffs and sick of seeing Wilson.

Keep winning and get healthy. And would be great if Murray keeps this up. Really great decision starting him again

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
So, replace the current bottom pair with our injured top pair. How does Maatta get back into the lineup when he’s healthy? It’s early, but it looks like Gudbranson will be a guy we can rely on for the bottom pair.

I would be pleasantly surprised if JJ has found his niche as Schultz’s new Ian Cole.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
So, replace the current bottom pair with our injured top pair. How does Maatta get back into the lineup when he’s healthy? It’s early, but it looks like Gudbranson will be a guy we can rely on for the bottom pair.

I would be pleasantly surprised if JJ has found his niche as Schultz’s new Ian Cole.

I still trust Maatta way more than JJ but it would be a refreshing problem given how much of a dumpster fire everybody has been.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Ever listen to Barnaby on SiriusXM?

He said the day of the Florida deal, "McMann is the key to the deal. He's gonna be a real good player."

He also liked the Gudbranson deal for us. I don't think he was looking long term, and didn't have a great deal to say on it, but said, "I like the deal for the Pens. Pittsburgh needed a depth dmen, and they got one."

He's usually on at like the 3-5 range (EST), right? I rarely get that one. I did hear his take on Gudbranson though and saying he liked it.

Reactions: td_ice

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range

Maatta's time back in this year will probably be due to an injury to one of the D. He is #7 if we continue to dominate play or just get wins. Not necessarily the worst of the 4, but more so if it ain't broke don't fix it ;)

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I wish we could give Riikola a spot, man. I think he's gonna be a real solid player, but we keep acquiring these dummies that take up spots. :laugh: He needs minutes to grow into his role and finish rounding out his game.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I have very little faith that Letang, Dumo, and Maatta will all be back without anyone else getting hurt. So cross that bridge if we ever get there.

Reactions: Justin Sickways

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Any of you twitter folks have a shot map for the game yet?
raw.jpeg

Reactions: wizmet12

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I have very little faith that Letang, Dumo, and Maatta will all be back without anyone else getting hurt. So cross that bridge if we ever get there.
Tang OM Ruh, NO. Dumo is at least skating. So Trot is out but who goes where with whom?

Spoonman32

Jun 22, 2011
So Dumo may be coming back within the next 1-2 weeks (maybe, who knows really). If so what are the D pairing then?
Tang isn't even skating yet so... he won't be back yet since it's probably back / neck related.
Ruh and OM are out probably for the year.

Letang might be too for all we know. Last time Sully said Letang wasn't done for the year, he was done for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad