Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Sid walks into Montreal and stone cold stuns them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
+'s

Murray. Let's be honest, he was a f***ing stud this game and he was cool as a cucumber doing it. He made so many key saves it became boring. He stopped several breakaway and high danger chances that I can't help but give him the #1 star of the game.

Sid/Jake/McCann. Do we have something here? We very well could. Jake and Sid were Jake and Sid. McCann played flat out tremendous though. I am actually really excited about having this kid. I just have a feeling that he could really come into his own here. If not in the next 20 games+playoffs, then quite possibly next season. I think playing with guys like Jake and Sid could do wonders for his confidence.

Geno. Played very well tonight but I mean, hey, it's Geno, right?

Simon/Horny/Bugs. I thought this was a very effective 3rd line for us. They need to start producing but overall I thought they did very well.

Gudbranson. I am cautiously optimistic. I will take it game by game and judge him on a game by game performance. Tonight, I thought he had another good game. I didn't see any major blunders or lapses. His physicality is much appreciated.

Trotzman. For what he is, he did well. He's very easy to dismiss because once anyone comes back, he's gone, but I've got to give him props. He did well again tonight.

-'s

ZAR and Kessel. They didn't play bad per say but they did Geno zero favors.

Non-Game +'s

Crosby's 4 points puts him at 1199 and OFFICALLY ahead of Ovechkin in career points. Pretty tremendous. Also puts him 4th in scoring now. f***ing what? Doubt he catches Kucherov but catching Kane for 2nd is within his grasp.

Just want to put something into perspective. I don't think this is our year but hey, crazier things have happened. Looking at our team though, I like where we are at for the future. Looking at young guys like: Jake, Rust, Simon, Blueger, McCann, Bjugstad, Pettersson, Riikola, Murray...I like the future of the team. I think we have some really solid guys. I think if we can swing a Kessel trade in the summer and get a new top 6 threat that's younger and speedier, I think we could be dangerous.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Really great win for many reasons. I hope they are buying time for the return of Dumo and Letang. With out them, it is over. If pens are close to the playoffs by the end of March, three relatively easy opponents in April. Murray can perhaps steal a game or two next week. Jake and the speedy McCann are hard to defend with Sid. But third line really needs McCann.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Next 3 games are big. Win those 3 and then probably drop the boston game as its a b2b after CBJ. Then caps buffalo blues flyers canes. Rough stretch coming up.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We need to balance out the forward lines more with Rust missing...
Would it hurt to try...

McCann-Sid-Phil
Jake-G-Horny
ZAR- Bjug-Simon

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
+Jake is so good. He's really stepped up his two way game lately. I wonder if the line changes were in part to free him up a little bit.

+Murray was great. He scared me a bit at the end when he came out to the dots to play that puck and shot it into traffic. MAF flashbacks. :laugh:

+Teddy was better tonight. Very solid game. Had the sandwich of the game too.

+Much credit to the D for stepping up without Letang/Dumo.

+Guds with an assist and a +3. People don't know whether to cry or wind their watches.

And a + to the team in general. Everyone stepping up and the F's are finally buying in. The injuries and their place in the standings might end up a blessing in disguise. Nothing but their best will get them into the playoffs and they know it. If they make it a habit, they could actually make a run.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Cap stepped up. Sids just the C of C's.

Good game for Malkin. When hes dialed in he's such a different player. Battled, on pucks, no stupid PIMs.

Kessel isn't scoring but he is moving his feet and not loafing. I can deal with a slumping player. It will come for him sooner or later. I would love to see McCann up with him on Malkins line.

Murray needed a game like this. Get that chip back on his shoulder.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Sid/Jake were awesome. McCann looks like he can play wing with skilled pivots, which is a nice add.

Murray was a stud, but should have been traded a long time ago.

Kessel blows

Pens are essentially a one line team right now, with random Geno outbursts.

By right now, you mean this season right?

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
L1 won the game. Sid is just a beast. Except being more worried about Jake's hat trick than getting himself a goal and ending the game.

Can't get too complacent, but a simple game has been passing the eye test.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
+Jake is so good. He's really stepped up his two way game lately. I wonder if the line changes were in part to free him up a little bit.

+Murray was great. He scared me a bit at the end when he came out to the dots to play that puck and shot it into traffic. MAF flashbacks. :laugh:

+Teddy was better tonight. Very solid game. Had the sandwich of the game too.

+Much credit to the D for stepping up without Letang/Dumo.

+Guds with an assist and a +3. People don't know whether to cry or wind their watches.

And a + to the team in general. Everyone stepping up and the F's are finally buying in. The injuries and their place in the standings might end up a blessing in disguise. Nothing but their best will get them into the playoffs and they know it. If they make it a habit, they could actually make a run.

+ to you. Guds is a more acceptable nickname. Guddy is something you name a cat. Or stripper.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Man, how great is Jake Guentzel btw. Even 6M could prove to be a steal.

Also, I really love McCann's game. I think he's going to be big down the stretch here and I wouldn't be surprised if he broke out next year. He plays fast and hard for his size and he has the skill to give himself an extra second with the puck PLUS he's a shoot first guy. Great combo to have.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
+++++++ 5/6 points without Letang/Dumo/Maatta/Rust. Are you serious? Pretty damn incredible.
a point in 6 staraight road games as well.. montreal's 1st loss at home in regulation since Jan 18th.

anyone thinking we are not going to make the playoffs needs to have a little more faith

Reactions: td_ice and ColePens

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
Sid is insane. He has more than lived up to the hype. He might be adding a Selke to his trophy case this year. I can't express enough how lucky we are as fans to have him on this team. Not to mention he's a class act off the ice. I know we all appreciate him as Pens fans but we should try to enjoy watching him as much as possible because he is an all time great.

Guentzel becoming just the 2nd winger of Sid's to score 30 goals. He's locked up long term too, thankfully. Keep scoring goals, I want Sid to climb much higher on the all time points list.

Huge win. Murray with some big saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad