Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Sid walks into Montreal and stone cold stuns them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++++++ 5/6 points without Letang/Dumo/Maatta/Rust. Are you serious? Pretty damn incredible.

++++++ Sid/Jake/McCann: What a f***ing game by these guys. McCann constantly enabled Sid/Jake to do their thing. He was constantly backchecking his ass off and playing solid 2 way hockey. Sid/Jake did Sid/Jake things ALL night. Terrific game by those guys. From the drop of the puck to the very end. Terrific.

+ Gudbranson/JJ AGAIN: Same as last night. Nothing but positives to say. JJ has been rock solid. Gudbranson reminds me of Hainsey. Simple/solid. Some minor positioning issues for Gudbranson as he cheats a little strong side and leaves an area weak side pass open, but far from what many of us imagined.

+ Murray: I love the call by Sully to go with the big guy through thick and thin. Murray made key saves and played solid. Well done by #30. We NEEDED to win tonight. Mur was impressive. I ride it out now. Only give Desmith time if needed.

Once again, I'm not going to harp on negatives. This team desperately needed to win games and get points. They got 5/6. Their attention to detail and playing a 5 man game is impressive. It's not perfect but dammit... they are getting it done.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Guentzel_2_600x.png

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Mad at myself for not making the short trip north for this one.

Murray solid, making up for last night.

Gudbranson pretty much invisible again. That's a good thing.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Solid effort all around. Still lots of warts and cringe worthy moments and the Habs were helping like it was 2017 all over again, but good win.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I think we're in wild card 1 currently since we have a game in hand on Montreal.

Reactions: Andy99

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Really want to make the playoffs to see what McCann can do for us...even Bjugstad. The secondary scoring we didnt have last year. Think it would be a huge factor.

Need to hear about Rust too...tho Blueger may make up for some of that. Just get him and Cullen away from Wilson. Add a damn scorer for that line. Bluegs and Cullen are solid defensively we dont need him. Honestly should have kept Pearson...hes another guy who can score timely goals in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad