Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Positive Thoughts Lead to Points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@KIRK I know it's a legit strategy to just get guys tired but once they are out there long enough you actually have to start generating something for it to work :D

As I said in the GDT, 0-3 is our comfort zone apparently. I feel like the fundamentals are there the past few weeks, crazy amount of shot attempts and once again great morale!

Oh for sure. That was cited as the other part of the strategy. You get guys tired, make a change, then you bait the tired opponents into a change or attack them because they're tired.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
That would be nice. BUT, I'm not taking it from Geno's wing. Not after tonight.

BTW, I'm wondering if Lafferty dresses soon and if Gally is the guy on thin ice.

Call me crazy, but Jake-Sid-Lafferty?
I wouldn't hate it. I am not as down on Gally as some, but it may light a fire under him. I could see him clicking with Sid and Jake though

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Tada. Whoever says "trade Rust" is an asshat. Always.

I want to say that Sid needs to be better than the last two games, but he knows that as well as anyone.
Geno was awesome, and as almost always Geno and Rust is a great combo. I wonder if anyone has noticed that for many years and spend at lot of time talking about it?

Very nice to see Riiko and Marino at this level and another shout out for JJ who this season has been WORTH HIS CONTRACT! There, I dang did it.

Very important win. Very important showing. Third consecutive game where we pretty much double up on shots and chances and richly deserve to win against good teams. The only reasons we haven't is that we have gotten disproportionately few breaks and relatively much weaker goal tending.

Chucky..... if he is not for Malkin, he is not for this team. I have no doubt this Malkin will succeed with Rust and one of the other options who can play Sullivan hockey.
trade Rust

XanderCrews34

Mar 28, 2014
I really didn't hate how Galchenyuk played with Sid.

Jake and Sid have such a synergy I can understand giving him a few games of adjustment. I think that's the spot where he'll score 1 and then it'll open the floodgates.

I'd let that develop...consider McCann-Malkin-Rust looks like absolute dynamite.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
That would be nice. BUT, I'm not taking it from Geno's wing. Not after tonight.

BTW, I'm wondering if Lafferty dresses soon and if Gally is the guy on thin ice.

Call me crazy, but Jake-Sid-Lafferty?

Would totally work. But Jake's gotta get his **** together quick.

I would like to see him (and Gally) off PP1 and the right-handed Bjugs on for right now. And Riikola for Schultz.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
f*** i should've kept watching this game, i switched to Raiders vs Chargers game when it was 3-0 Isles...

Let me hold this L...

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
:laugh: this team man.

I was hoping Sully would pull MM again to key a comeback. I’m glad I’m an idiot. This team pulled itself together the old fashioned way.

I know it’s been said a million times tonight but Rust, wow. The guy is the mascot of the Sully-era Pens. Heart, hustle, finish. He’s down but he’s never out. Thank god almighty we didn’t sell him off to fix other problems.

Finally, FINALLY we can say “a great effort” and actually see two more points on the board. Hell of a statement win, given where this team has been the last few weeks, and the fact that it’s NYI and Trotz.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The Pens scored EIGHT GOALS on two of the top teams. We just have to get Murray in his groove and I think we are really going to make a run here. If we can just keep it up. I think this team could go streaking in a big way. I'm talking Will Farrell in Old School.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I told you guys! This team is playing the right way. Even down 0-3, they played a great game. The Pens are playing great hockey. I know it's frustrating the W/L record isn't showing it but I just know if they can keep it up - they will be one of the toughest outs of the playoffs. They are playing great hockey. Just keep building and keep believing. Keep playing this way.

Let's ****ing go.

This is about playing like a team that can win a best of 7 against anyone in the playoffs. They're a lot closer to that than at any time since before the 2018 trade deadline.

And they did this without Letang. Let's not forget that.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Didn't see that coming.

I miss the Pens that make me look like an ass for counting them out instead of the games being easily predictable like last year. This is way more fun.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Certainly look like we've found our rhythm at ES this year. Get our PP going, and start being a little more selfish on odd man rushes and this team is going to be real trouble for opponents.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I will admit that I was willing to trade Rust to move JJ. I feel great shame.

giphy.gif

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
We are in a pretty good place if Riko is our 7th defencemen. We also have great forward depth. I think the only thing that might be lacking is a top-6 RW or a LD.

Reactions: ColePens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad