Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Positive Thoughts Lead to Points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah.. just can't do that. Rusty and Tanev being in the lineup is the spark you need to get something going.

And I can't say it enough - this game was NOTHING like the playoff series last year. This Pens team was on the Isles asses all game.

One reason I was against: You can never have enough speed.

EDIT: Isles feed. Trotz PC. This is only the 5th time since the beginning of last year that they scored 3 and didn't win.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
--- I watched the two crap goals in the second, then turned off, then only came back in OT. I guess that's on me for not showing enough faith, but if this team couldn't consistently do better when I wasn't watching, that'd be great. I swear I'm a curse.

+++ This is the Bryan Rust I'd never trade.

Based on the tiny amount I did see I thought that we were still playing the right way, but were maybe a bit anxious and frenetic. Hopefully a win settles the nerves. Riikola's decision making disappointed me, Guentzel's play disappointed me... Bjugstad is turning a corner and maybe finding his place. If he does, that's big. That's worth being patient over. Feels like there's a lot of hurry to cast off pieces when we're not even 20 games in and doing well.

We are now on a 5 game streak of 60%+ xGF%, which I think matches what most of us are seeing, and have 7 points out of the possible 10.

Moral of the story: Stop watching the Pens.

:D

Reactions: Ogrezilla

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
We are in a pretty good place if Riko is our 7th defencemen. We also have great forward depth. I think the only thing that might be lacking is a top-6 RW or a LD.

I think our defense has been... good. Dare I say? Even JJ (taking salary out of equation) is acceptable out there. Even though the dude cannot pivot. But realistically he's playing like an NHLer.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
don't think of it as a demotion from Geno's line, but a promotion to ZAR's

(actually no clue what line he went to, just memeing. Memes are funny)

First time since ZAR I've seen a winger **** up his way UP the depth chart. Except usually the **** up ends up with Geno, not Sid.

AlphaMikeFoxtrots

The Sounds of Silence
Sponsor
Oct 17, 2014
This game for some reason was not being aired on any channel i could find despite a variety of searches, so I turned on the radio for the second, then took the hint and immediately turned it off after goal 3 against and did my best to ignore it.

I had just picked up my phone to peek when the ot notif came through and i fully primal screamed. my dog is now terrified, but boy was that satisfying :dumbo:

can't wait to catch up more, but it sure seems like Geno's eager to make some folks eat crow, and I'm extremely here for it :nod:

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
drop the GL

giphy.gif

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
--- I watched the two crap goals in the second, then turned off, then only came back in OT. I guess that's on me for not showing enough faith, but if this team couldn't consistently do better when I wasn't watching, that'd be great. I swear I'm a curse.

I was about to post something similar. I come home from work (and intentionally avoid checking the score) only to flip on the TV and see them down 3-0. So I said f*** it and took the dog for a walk. Come back and it's tied. WTF

Also agreed re: Rust. Never wanted to move him this past Summer. Was frustrated some of last year but he's just too clutch when he's healthy and has always fit well on Malkin's RW. Which I was hoping they would circle back to at some point.

Trying to hold off on beating up on Gally too much. Though I didn't much like that idea to begin with. He IS coming off an injury that can be tricky. But still... woof.

Overall obviously a pretty inspiring game. Rust's goal after that ridiculous Murray save was such a thing of beauty.

Mrs Crosby's Dryer

Can we please fire idiot Sullivan now?
Dec 11, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Great effort in the third. We did it with our speeeed and tenacity (but mostly with our speeeed if I’m being honest). Rust is playing like a madman on both sides of the puck. Plus to everybody except waste of a roster spot Simon.

There are definitely some sizable deficiencies, but if everyone gets on the same page/exerts the same effort the rest of the league should take notice.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
This game for some reason was not being aired on any channel i could find despite a variety of searches, so I turned on the radio for the second, then took the hint and immediately turned it off after goal 3 against and did my best to ignore it.

I had just picked up my phone to peek when the ot notif came through and i fully primal screamed. my dog is now terrified, but boy was that satisfying :dumbo:

can't wait to catch up more, but it sure seems like Geno's eager to make some folks eat crow, and I'm extremely here for it :nod:

Your pup will recover.

Just hand out the treats, and all will be forgiven.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad