Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Positive Thoughts Lead to Points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
View attachment 274499

I want every single person who was ok with adding Rust to dump JJ to apologize to this man's face
tenor.gif

Starting to worry about Sid, he’s been very cold lately.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Bjugs is better than Gally

Yeah, I can go with that.

I've been saying one of Gally or Bjugs has to go. If it's Gally, then fine. Lots of cap space.

I'd like to think JR could find more constructive uses for the space.

I've seen that he could find less constructive uses, but . . . :laugh:

turd

Feb 1, 2013
I’d prefer not falling behind by three every game and having to storm back, but they’re a very resilient group. Nice to see Murray bounce back after last game and the first half of this game. The line changes by Sullivan were the game changers. Props to him for that. I thought all three of the new combos looked good.

XanderCrews34

Mar 28, 2014
Riikola looked like a young Letang (I know he's older than young Letang...if that makes sense)

Bjugs really making an impact.

ZAR should sit.

Like Chuky with Sid and Jake. McCann is a top 6 winger, apparently. Because he looked awesome with Geno and looked awesome with Sid last season.

Good stuff all around.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Im fine with dumping either J J or Shultz when tanger is healthy... i just think all they young guys have more upside with how we are playing this year...

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Tada. Whoever says "trade Rust" is an asshat. Always.

I want to say that Sid needs to be better than the last two games, but he knows that as well as anyone.
Geno was awesome, and as almost always Geno and Rust is a great combo. I wonder if anyone has noticed that for many years and spend at lot of time talking about it?

Very nice to see Riiko and Marino at this level and another shout out for JJ who this season has been WORTH HIS CONTRACT! There, I dang did it.

Very important win. Very important showing. Third consecutive game where we pretty much double up on shots and chances and richly deserve to win against good teams. The only reasons we haven't is that we have gotten disproportionately few breaks and relatively much weaker goal tending.

Chucky..... if he is not for Malkin, he is not for this team. I have no doubt this Malkin will succeed with Rust and one of the other options who can play Sullivan hockey.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I want to say that keeping Murray in net was a pretty gutsy call from Sully, but him bouncing back mid-game is freaking huge I think. And I have to think the trust to stay in and give the team a chance had to play in to that.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Yeah!! Trade Rust for that capspace, huh ?! Seriously he is made for our current system. Love him and never doubted him. Also this team has heart and also Riiko and Marino are so damn good. Playing for league minimums and saving our defense really. Wow. That is absolutely huge and can be even bigger if Sully realizes that Riiko needs to play every night, even when healthy.

Galchenyuk and Guentzel were not good. MM at least made that huge save before Rusts goal. He needed that. And we needed that. Massive win and massive well earned 2 points.

Reactions: KIRK and Trade

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
+Marino legitimately looks cool as a f***in cucumber with the puck. It’s actually hilarious Edmonton of all teams gifted him to us.
+JUUUSSO RIIIIIKOOOOOOLAAAAAAA. Please keep him in the lineup. What else does he have to do? Also get him on PP in place of Schultz
+Bryan Rust. Clutch Gene. Made me physically ill when so many wanted him gone.
+Geno making it look easy. His “calculated risk” play at the to keep the puck in the Isles zone end pressure the last man back worked for anyone keeping score.
+McCann sniping.
+Bjugstad quietly had a decent game, was pretty big (no pun intended) on the PK at the end.

-Galchenyuk... has been getting chances but
is either snakebitten or trash.

+Murray sticking with it and shutting down after being down 3-0. Huge game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->