Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Cats - If you give a moose a muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Where on JR's trade history does Sprong for Pettersson land? I feel like it has to be damn near the top, even if Sprong ends up great for the Ducks. To get what the Penguins got for what Sprong was is just insane, they got a legit top-4 D on his ELC for him.

You can rank it however you want I think you know both @ColePens and I have the Horny trade at #1 lol

Son Goku

henlo u stinky egg
Mar 8, 2014
The World Of Void
20190108_220144.jpg
Sid needs a new hat. Looks like the team has been "rallying" around him.

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Give this one a bit of time before ranking it. See if he progresses or regresses. Right now it has shades of Scuderi for Daley, but it could go awry yet. Took a while for people to sour on Oleksiak after all.

But... if it keeps up like this then, yeah, Scuderi for Daley. Spare part that doesn't fit with dubious trade value for exactly the dman we needed.

The big reason I'm not concerned about Pettersson regressing? Because he's 22. If he was 25 or 26 and playing this way, I'd be hesitant and question if he was just on a hot streak. But at 22? He's showing the maturity of a much older player right now, I have no doubts he's only going to be getting better going forward. The worst case scenario for him IMO is that he only gets a little bit better from what he is now, and depending on who you ask, that may be as good as a fringe #3/4 defenseman.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Matt won this game...he is something else now
MP was the best d-man tonight,
First line was good in offensive zone, but kind of pedestrian in our zone for whatever reason, however, Sid turn up a notch in third and that was spectacl.

Our second line threading the water, very responsible defensively last 5 or so games, very good possession numbers, created 4-5 really really good chances, just like against Chicago...Geno was atrocious on PP, however got a little hop back in the third

That third line is just not working, finally created three shots in last 5 minutes, until then 15 shots against zero for...that's just a definition of things not working

PP was everbad tonight

PK well that was awesome

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Where on JR's trade history does Sprong for Pettersson land? I feel like it has to be damn near the top, even if Sprong ends up great for the Ducks. To get what the Penguins got for what Sprong was is just insane, they got a legit top-4 D on his ELC for him.

1) Let it play out. Waaaaaay too early.

2) Doesn't even sniff the tops.

It's early. I am going to celebrate what we see in Pets. I really like his ability. I thought Oleksiak would progress further last year and he didn't. I want to wait and see it play out. Let's just be happy it seems to have worked and go from there. No need to define it yet. We have plenty of time to look back and define it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
1) Let it play out. Waaaaaay too early.

2) Doesn't even sniff the tops.

It's early. I am going to celebrate what we see in Pets. I really like his ability. I thought Oleksiak would progress further last year and he didn't. I want to wait and see it play out. Let's just be happy it seems to have worked and go from there. No need to define it yet. We have plenty of time to look back and define it.

Eh, I don't know about that. They traded an expendable prospect who they screwed up the development of for a top-4 D on an ELC. I'm really not sure I would say this. The thing with Pettersson is that it seems like the appropriate way to classify him is a young top-4 D with upside. Sure, he might regress, but he's 22 and playing extremely well right now. I don't see that as being much of a risk.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Can we just freeze this version of the team for the playoffs?

Well...there's a lot to like. I still don't love Malkin's game, though his line has been better of late. Of course since Horny is hurt again, so much for that.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Eh, I don't know about that. They traded an expendable prospect who they screwed up the development of for a top-4 D on an ELC. I'm really not sure I would say this.

The world of the interwebz wants things defined immediately. Let it play out. Kessel grabbed us 2 Cups. We can definitively say THAT deserves in the discussion of top trade ever for the Pens right up there with the ones CP pulled. We are like 20 games in or whatever. Let it alllllll play out. We will have plenty of time to define it.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Pens go 3-2 maybe even 4-1 on this upcoming trip.

Sprong for Pettersson if Pettersson keeps this up was an absolute fleece.

Yeah now seems like the time the Pens get some breathing room in the standings. Playing well heading into a West coast trip they always dominate? Yep.

As an aside. I hate Couturier, but God bless him at the moment. Just trolled Ovie twice preventing empty netters for him.

Colonel Mustard

Dec 26, 2017
The world of the interwebz wants things defined immediately. Let it play out. Kessel grabbed us 2 Cups. We can definitively say THAT deserves in the discussion of top trade ever for the Pens right up there with the ones CP pulled. We are like 20 games in or whatever. Let it alllllll play out. We will have plenty of time to define it.
Yeah but we want answers now.

Reactions: BillPrep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad